Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AuroranHusker

2017-18 Husker opponents

135 posts in this topic

Thanksgiving Weekend Tournament located at Walt Disney World's HP Fieldhouse in the Orlando area

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210761887

away: Big East Challenge (Gavitt Games) - St. John's (Thursday, November 16, 2017)

home: ACC/Big Ten Challenge - Boston College (Wednesday, November 29, 2017)

Likely home & away Big Ten conference games, either Friday, Dec. 1 & Sun. Dec. 3

*or*

Sat. Dec. 2 & Mon. Dec. 4

away: Creighton (likely to be either Sunday, Dec. 10, or Wednesday, Dec 13)

home: Kansas (Saturday, December 16, 2017 -- most likely a *prime time* matchup with fall graduation ceremony earlier in the day...)

Advocare Invitational (Orlando): West Virginia, St. John's, Missouri, Oregon State, Central Florida, Long Beach State, Marist (similar to the '13-14 tournament in Charleston)

Edited by AuroranHusker

Holding out hope for Maui in 18 and this sophomore class will be seniors. I think that team has a chance to be very good. It's been a looooooooong time since NU's been out there. Perhaps the longest of any major conference school?

Looks like they've announced 5 of the 8 schools for that field, but no Big Ten team yet, so there's still hope?

On 10/3/2016 at 2:45 PM, uneblinstu said:

Holding out hope for Maui in 18 and this sophomore class will be seniors. I think that team has a chance to be very good. It's been a looooooooong time since NU's been out there. Perhaps the longest of any major conference school?

Looks like they've announced 5 of the 8 schools for that field, but no Big Ten team yet, so there's still hope?

Illinois announced to be in the 8-team field in '18 Maui Invitational, its "strongest field yet": http://mauiinvitational.com/news/2016/10/26/general-2018-tournament-features-strongest-field-in-history.aspx

On 10/14/2016 at 0:59 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Assuming this is because they're playing the conference tournament a week earlier than normal. It'll be interesting to see what they do with that extra time between the tournament and dance.

Starting at Minute 39:

neut. Advocare Invitational (Orlando): West Virginia, St. John's, Missouri, Oregon State, Central Florida, Long Beach State, Marist (Coach Miles sees this tournament similar to the 2014 tournament in Charleston)

vs. Kansas

at Creighton

vs. BigEast Challenge

TBD ACC Challenge (new contract)... Coach Miles "[a home or away ACC challenge game] will determine some of our other schedule"

So, for that Big East game, it won't be Creighton and probably not St. Johns or Villanova. I'll be curious to see who that ends up being.

home vs BigEast Challenge

Advocare Invitational (Orlando): West Virginia, St. John's, Missouri, Oregon State, Central Florida, Long Beach State, Marist (similar teams to that '13-14 tournament in Charleston)

home vs Kansas

at Creighton

home vs ACC/B1G Challenge

3 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

So, for that Big East game, it won't be Creighton and probably not St. Johns or Villanova. I'll be curious to see who that ends up being.

Rutgers has played in the first 2. If they're off, we're looking at the DePaul special.

Just now, hhcdimes said:

Rutgers has played in the first 2. If they're off, we're looking at the DePaul special.

Maybe, but we got paired with Nova in the first one. I'm not sure they pair comparable opponents. But I haven't looked that closely at match ups from past years.

28 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Except that St. Johns is in that tourney in Orlando. Butler would be fun, too. Or Georgetown or Providence.

Oh yeah, I would like to see NU play Chris Mullins' St. Johns one way or another. ;)

5 minutes ago, 49r said:

So it's confirmed that we will participate in the Gavitt Games next year then?

Yes

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

home vs ACC/B1G Challenge

As noted above...not necessarily. There is a "new contract" so it could be an away game.

4 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Yes

As noted above...not necessarily. There is a "new contract" so it could be an away game.

Not cool.