Anthem Protests

aksarben

I wasn't aware of this. If they did, it would indicate an excellent level of maturity and foresight on the part of these players. In fact, more than those who rushed to call for their dismissal demonstrated.

I'll have to look into it again but I'm almost certain Rose-Ivey said doing it more than once would water it down and that they wanted to do it only once.

I found myself almost in tears as I watched Michael Rose-Ivey speak from the heart. You could hear the pain in his words. I totally support what he, Barry, and Neal are doing. Hopefully more and more of our fans see that these young men are just wanting equality, something, unfortunately, that our country hasn't given to all people. And I love our country, but I'd be blind and lying if I said it's perfect. We still have a long ways to go as a society. The saddest part was hearing the racial slurs and threats on his life. Some people are just downright assholes. Oh, one more thing...Daub and Ricketts bother me. They are entitled to their opinion, but they showed no compassion towards a young man who has lived a totally different life than them.

You sound like a good man, Jason. Appreciate your perspective.

Be interested to see if anybody, student section, does anything during the anthem this week?  Just a thought.  I haven't seen where any fans have gotten into this.  

I think this is something that will be around for a bit then something will happen that will take all the attention away and it will just fade away.  Don't know if that is good or bad, it just is.

No matter the cause, no progress can be made without working together. Putting different interest groups against each other is already a losing battle. Us always. I just want to live in a world where everyone is respected, has a voice, spends more time taking action rather than talking, a place where Kidney doesn't keep making monikers on HHC, and where everybody's knees bend properly. Is that too much to ask for?

I found myself almost in tears as I watched Michael Rose-Ivey speak from the heart. You could hear the pain in his words. I totally support what he, Barry, and Neal are doing. Hopefully more and more of our fans see that these young men are just wanting equality, something, unfortunately, that our country hasn't given to all people. And I love our country, but I'd be blind and lying if I said it's perfect. We still have a long ways to go as a society. The saddest part was hearing the racial slurs and threats on his life. Some people are just downright assholes. Oh, one more thing...Daub and Ricketts bother me. They are entitled to their opinion, but they showed no compassion towards a young man who has lived a totally different life than them.

You sound like a good man, Jason. Appreciate your perspective.

Thanks basketballjones!