2016 Husker Football season

Huskerpapa

I will start this as a general subject with the thought It will last all season.  There may be a more specific topic on occasion, but this can be used throughout the year.

I am anxious about this season.  I am not sure what to think.  We may be pretty good.  We have depth and talent in a number of positions.  I have to believe two of the groupings (defense and offense) will be better.  Special teams sans Sam can still be good.  There will be a step or two backwards with punting, but otherwise we should be the same or better.   

GBR.

I think we will be alot better this year than last. The loss at Ohio State is an easy pick. I went with Indiana bc Mike Riley is notorious for a let down game throughout his career, so this seems like the perfect trap game. I went with Wisconsin bc there's no way I feel comfortable picking us to win 10 regular season games and @Wisconsin seems like the toughest game left on our schedule.

I will start this as a general subject with the thought It will last all season.  There may be a more specific topic on occasion, but this can be used throughout the year.

I am anxious about this season.  I am not sure what to think.  We may be pretty good.  We have depth and talent in a number of positions.  I have to believe two of the groupings (defense and offense) will be better.  Special teams sans Sam can still be good.  There will be a step or two backwards with punting, but otherwise we should be the same or better.   

GBR.

We have some talent to work with at some positions but...I'm afraid our downfall will be 1. TA is still at QB.  He will continue to make some plays....but his turnovers will lose us games.  2.  Little depth on both lines.....we can't afford any more injuries to the Oline and until we can generate a pass rush we will have issues on defense.  I look forward to the season but I'm thinking our cap will be 8-9 wins. 

GBR.

We have some talent to work with at some positions but...I'm afraid our downfall will be 1. TA is still at QB.  He will continue to make some plays....but his turnovers will lose us games.  2.  Little depth on both lines.....we can't afford any more injuries to the Oline and until we can generate a pass rush we will have issues on defense.  I look forward to the season but I'm thinking our cap will be 8-9 wins. 

It is always difficult to judge a team prior to the season.  I too, worry about Tommy and his turnover machine.  If that improves, he can be a dynamic QB.  Last year I thought the weakness of our team would have been our LB group, yet they ended up pretty darn good.  So the lines are a concern.  But, and this is big, if both lines end up cohesive, and can do their collective jobs, we could be dancing in January.  But the if's are certainly concerning.

Imagine if Armstrong could cut his interceptions in half this season.

Part of that will depend on the game plan and what they ask him to do.

I hope they run the hell out of him.  Obviously if he gets hurt we are probably in trouble but I think they should unleash him.  Also, I think Newby/Ozigbo are going to turn out to be a pretty darn good 1/2 punch this year.  We shall see

I (along with ohhh about 90,000 others) were at the game and it was a roller-coaster of emotions.  The hype of the game, the sadness of the loss of Sam, the struggles, the big plays, the big hits, the win...goodness.  We could be a pretty good team...but we have a ways to go to be back to the upper tier.  That said, 1 & 0 baby!!!