Farewell to the old board

hhcscott

OMG and that the first time I have ever typed that. :P

Will try to get my wife out there over spring break this year.

I don't golf, but I do like to look at quality scenery. 

I also think that the panhandle of Nebraska is as good if not better than the Rockies.  :)  Yes, I said that. :huh:

Silverback, be careful as spring break may be too early.  The course typically doesn't open until May 1. It is open to the public, including the restaurant/lodge which is stunning.  You could walk around the grounds anytime, but it would be much better after the official opening.  Plus I know you like to eat.  The bagpiper and his lovely wife, both of whom have thick Scottish accents, usually arrive around the first of June, and stay for close to 90 days before going back to Scotland.  You could always combine it with a kayak trip on the Niobrara.  If you ever need any ideas on exploring the beautiful scenery that is Cherry County, feel free to PM me.  I have spent good parts of my summers up there since the mid 80's.  49er is from there and knows it all as well--and he is dead on about the nightime skies for star gazing.

Might go watch. :)

If I add up all the running I have done in the last 25 years it might put me at the 23 mile marker. :huh:

I was a linemen, only needed to take about 5 steps then turn around and look for the huddle, or put my arms in the air to tell my teammates we scored. ^_^

Also just read this from the web site: about 14 days ago we said: Both Sandhills races are now at capacity & closed. Thanks to all registrants! If you didn't get in this year, please look for us in 2014.

Darn would have tried it otherwise. :mellow: