Seat yourself process 16-17

Just a note to remember when donating. If you call the ticket office and find out that you need 100 points ($3,333) if it's your first year donating to obtain a pair of tickets in a donor section that becomes your baseline donation going forward and you must maintain that donation level to keep the tickets you acquired by making that donation.

I have 375 priority points ($37,000 or so lifetime giving thus far) and my time to move was shortly after the process started on Monday and I was only able to move about 20 seats to my right into section 219 from 220. Yes I could have moved down to the 100 level but I didn't want to move into the club seats or those directly behind the club seats or to the ends or corners in the lower level.

Help me understand because I don't think your first statement about a baseline donation is correct. I've been wrong before though. You can donate at any time to boost your priority points. Say you want to make a significant donation to increase your priority points and shoot yourself up the list for a better seat yourself time slot. So you take a pile of cash, maybe $10k, and hand it over. This boosts you up the list and you are able to move down into the non-club 100 level which requires a $100 per seat annual donation. You are not required to fork over 10k each year plus the seat contribution just to keep those tickets. That was the entire purpose of the standardized seat donations across the board (no donation, $50/seat, $100/seat, $750/seat for club) and the sport specific donations so you didn't have people who wanted better seats all trying to outbid each other with no process to regulate it. You can now donate toward the process to accumulate points which helps get/improve tickets, but once you get them the required seat donation is equal across the board for whatever level of seats you have.

To clarify, I made a small basketball donation in Feb, at that time I had section 322 seats, no donation required for this section, then during the seat yourself process I was able to move down to section 222, no donation required for this section. My question is will I have to make the same basketball donation for the upcoming season, since the small donation moved me up just enough to get section 222 tickets?

OK I'm sorry let me try and do a better job explaining.

First, Yes you can throw in extra money to "buy" additional priority points any time you want to.

Next  - Let use this example - Let's say you've had 2 tickets in the 300 level, or the 200 level (except in sections 203, 204, 205, 218, 219 or 220). Now let's say you want to move from the 300 level or any of the non-donor sections in the 200 level to section 219 (requires a minimum $50 per seat donation), but you find out that you have to have at least 30 priority points to move there because everyone in that section either has that many points or you want to jump ahead in the line to get an opportunity to make a move. So now you decide to make a donation to "buy" the points necessary to get there. If this is your first year to donate you would have to spend $1,000 to "buy" enough points (30) to be in that section to purchase a pair of tickets. That $1,000 donation becomes the baseline required annual donation to keep those seats, it does not drop down the next year to $50 per seat plus the season ticket price.

In my case however I had a pair of season tickets in section 319 and decided to move down to section 220 but all I had to do was offer to make the $50 per seat donation because at the time of my move I already had 325 priority points due to previous donations to the NU Athletic Department. First priority when setting the time period for your place in line for Seat Yourself is "Lifetime Giving" (the amount of money you've donated in total in consecutive years which earns you the priority points).

Current year donations are worth 3 points for every $100 dollars donated, and previous year donations are worth 1 point per $100 donated. So for example in 2015 I donated $1,100 which was worth 33 points in 2015. Now it's 2016 so I donate another $1,100 which is worth 33 points in current year donations, my 2015 donation is now worth 11 points because it's now a prior year donation. When the two years are combined I have a total of 44 priority points in two years of donating. If I continue to donate in 2017 at the same level as the previous two years I would have a total of 55 priority points.

I hope this helps and if I've confused you more I'm sorry then perhaps you would be best to contact the Athletic Development office at 800.824.4733 option 1.

OK I'm sorry let me try and do a better job explaining.

First, Yes you can throw in extra money to "buy" additional priority points any time you want to.

Next  - Let use this example - Let's say you've had 2 tickets in the 300 level, or the 200 level (except in sections 203, 204, 205, 218, 219 or 220). Now let's say you want to move from the 300 level or any of the non-donor sections in the 200 level to section 219 (requires a minimum $50 per seat donation), but you find out that you have to have at least 30 priority points to move there because everyone in that section either has that many points or you want to jump ahead in the line to get an opportunity to make a move. So now you decide to make a donation to "buy" the points necessary to get there. If this is your first year to donate you would have to spend $1,000 to "buy" enough points (30) to be in that section to purchase a pair of tickets. That $1,000 donation becomes the baseline required annual donation to keep those seats, it does not drop down the next year to $50 per seat plus the season ticket price.

In my case however I had a pair of season tickets in section 319 and decided to move down to section 220 but all I had to do was offer to make the $50 per seat donation because at the time of my move I already had 325 priority points due to previous donations to the NU Athletic Department. First priority when setting the time period for your place in line for Seat Yourself is "Lifetime Giving" (the amount of money you've donated in total in consecutive years which earns you the priority points).

Current year donations are worth 3 points for every $100 dollars donated, and previous year donations are worth 1 point per $100 donated. So for example in 2015 I donated $1,100 which was worth 33 points in 2015. Now it's 2016 so I donate another $1,100 which is worth 33 points in current year donations, my 2015 donation is now worth 11 points because it's now a prior year donation. When the two years are combined I have a total of 44 priority points in two years of donating. If I continue to donate in 2017 at the same level as the previous two years I would have a total of 55 priority points.

I hope this helps and if I've confused you more I'm sorry then perhaps you would be best to contact the Athletic Development office at 800.824.4733 option 1.

Aksarben,

I think you might be mistaken here. From my understanding no priority points are needed to keep seats that you currently have.  Priority points only help you to move up in line when it comes time to request new seats.  Once you have seats, you only have to pay the ticket price plus the listed donation ($0, $50, $100, etc.) to keep those seats.  If you've been told something different, that's not what I was told by people at the ticket office.  My tickets are up in the 300 level and require no donation, so you certainly know more about the process than I do, but I did inquire about donations this year with the ticket office.

Apparently there are "limited" seats available for season-ticket purchase after the Select-Your-Seat process.

a5c0927b8ef54978e5c9a0c40f68d280.jpg

I realize that there's a reason for it...but it's kind of sad when Creighton gets to be included with Big 10 schools.  At least next year KU will be on this list.  It's also too bad that they can't sell packages to people of just the non conference games since a good chuck of season ticket holders won't bother showing up until Creighton and then vanish again until Conference play. I also do realize that this isn't just a husker situation but it all over the place.

Apparently there are "limited" seats available for season-ticket purchase after the Select-Your-Seat process.

a5c0927b8ef54978e5c9a0c40f68d280.jpg

I realize that there's a reason for it...but it's kind of sad when Creighton gets to be included with Big 10 schools.  At least next year KU will be on this list.  It's also too bad that they can't sell packages to people of just the non conference games since a good chuck of season ticket holders won't bother showing up until Creighton and then vanish again until Conference play. I also do realize that this isn't just a husker situation but it all over the place.

I think 2- or 3-game packets would be a good idea to attract some fans who will actually show up for those 2-3 games. I'd imagine a lot of casual hoops fans who take NU up on an offer like that. A lot of programs do that type of promotion, it might even be better in the long run than simply selling out the allotment on a 17-game basis. As in, developing the next generation of Husker Hoops fandom in incremental steps.