You Get One

As the dog days of summer are upon us and activity on this board slows down, I thought I'd pose a hypothetical to keep our interest up as basketball season comes right around the corner. With the roster we have currently, I am probably more optimistic than most thinking that this team will surprise a lot of outsiders and nonbelievers this year. However, with one open scholarship, I'd like to pose a question to have some fun with. If you could have one former Husker back as an incoming freshman for this year's team, who would it be? But heres the catch: Since I'm relatively young, it has to be somebody from Barry Collier's tenure or later. So from 2000 up until now, who you got? 

Taking into account our roster:

Guards: Tai Webster, Glynn Watson, Anton Gill, Malcolm Laws, Evan Taylor

Wings: Isaiah Roby, Jeriah Horne, Jack McVeigh, Nick Fuller

From the demographics of our roster, it'd be pretty easy to take a guy like Aleks Maric and throw him right into the thick of things. But with this coaching staff, boy I'd love to have another shot with Joe McCray and keep him in line. I feel like this current staff (nutritionists and Coach Wilson included) would be able to do wonders with the talent that he had. So who you got? 

Read up on this guy, he would be 1 I'd want: Derrick Chandler. Back in the Neebrasketball days. ;)

He's always my answer for the "if you could bring back one player to be on this team" scenario.

He was the epitome of the "defensive stalwart" that NU has needed for quite a while. DC had some good post-up moves, too.

Yo... gotta be from 2000 on.. Chandler played for Nee.

Hmm...

I'm going with Jamel White.  Enormous waste of talent.  Top 100 prospect, All Big 12 Freshman and Reserve team.  White would've been a terror in Miles' system.  He averaged almost 9pts a game and only started 13 games under Collier during his freshman year.  Good player. 

I'd want Andrew White back to see what this team could have done with him.

But that's merely hypothetical because, on the other hand, I agree with what Michael Jacobson had to say about it.

Anyway, I don't see how you can turn down Maric.  This is an NCAA team with him in the paint.  Might be an NCAA team even without him depending on how quickly Jordy develops.  But with an Aleks Maric, we'd dance.  And probably stay awhile.

I'd want Andrew White back to see what this team could have done with him.

But that's merely hypothetical because, on the other hand, I agree with what Michael Jacobson had to say about it.

Anyway, I don't see how you can turn down Maric.  This is an NCAA team with him in the paint.  Might be an NCAA team even without him depending on how quickly Jordy develops.  But with an Aleks Maric, we'd dance.  And probably stay awhile.

Exactly Norm, with a scorer down low we open up the lanes to drive as whomever is going to the hoop would have someone to drop the ball off to if the help comes.