Zay Roby out 6-8 weeks

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what his actual restrictions are at this point?  Can he participate with the other players "on the floor" in any way, shape or form?

On the Nebraska Basketball Show, Miles mentioned that Roby was roughly a month away (I suspect the show was taped a week ago), so it's going to be tight as far as Zay being available by the Exhibition being played on Nov. 7th or the Opener on the 13th..

Does anyone know what his actual restrictions are at this point?  Can he participate with the other players "on the floor" in any way, shape or form?

On the Nebraska Basketball Show, Miles mentioned that Roby was roughly a month away (I suspect the show was taped a week ago), so it's going to be tight as far as Zay being available by the Exhibition being played on Nov. 7th or the Opener on the 13th..

I saw that as well Auroran.  My concern is the time it will take him to get ready to play/contribute when he is released to play and/or practice.  I know he has been lifting.  But is he able to be on the floor at all?  What can he do today for cardio?  He may be released to "play" at months end; however, once he can play, when will he be able to show his true self?  Mid-year?

Last I heard he was good for lifting, shooting, and light conditioning. That was two to three weeks ago tho. Hopefully the above comment is accurate and he is participating in live scrimmages.

That is Zay's father who commented above, so I think he's good to go.

Good to know, I learn something new everyday on this board.

HHC is truly a bevy of beautiful basketball minds. And it is fun, too.

56 minutes ago, 49r said:

Here's Rosenthal's take:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211254002

"The good news is that Roby expects to be near 100 percent by the time Nebraska begins the regular season Nov. 13 against Sacramento State."

The official word, indeed. G"BR"

13 minutes ago, 49r said:

Here's Rosenthal's take:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211254002

"The good news is that Roby expects to be near 100 percent by the time Nebraska begins the regular season Nov. 13 against Sacramento State."

Whether or not Roby starts that game would say a lot about how quickly he's up to speed on his conditioning and prep level.