Zay Roby out 6-8 weeks

So . . . both Ed Morrow and Isaiah Roby show up at Nebraska with a significant injury that's been bothering them from their high school playing days.  Each requires substantial down-time.  Both lose valuable learning time during the earliest times of their college days.      

Here's Isaiah's injury info from the article:

"The injury, Miles said, is the result of wear and tear on Roby's body, not from a recent particular incident.

"He's been feeling it for several months, back to his high school days," Miles said. "He's been complaining about his hip, and we looked at his hips and tested everything out, and his hips were good. So then we did the MRI and X-Ray and found it."

The only cure, Miles said, is rest and no contact.

So . . . both Ed Morrow and Isaiah Roby show up at Nebraska with a significant injury that's been bothering them from their high school playing days. Each requires substantial down-time. Both lose valuable learning time during the earliest times of their college days.

Here's Isaiah's injury info from the article:

"The injury, Miles said, is the result of wear and tear on Roby's body, not from a recent particular incident.

"He's been feeling it for several months, back to his high school days," Miles said. "He's been complaining about his hip, and we looked at his hips and tested everything out, and his hips were good. So then we did the MRI and X-Ray and found it."

The only cure, Miles said, is rest and no contact.

We will see...but it doesn't sound like a huge deal. As long as he's ready to go once practices start up I doubt it will hamper him much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good news is that it is not to the legs or feet.  The bad news is this will keep him off the floor and away from the weights, and that is certainly a set back.  Can it be overcome, yes.  But it still hurts the early development and the preparation to the year.  Sort of like what happened to MJ last year.  I am not convinced he ever recovered 100% from his set-back.  Same with Ed. 

So although the news is not horrible, it certainly is not pleasant to hear that someone we are counting on, will not be good to go until the start of practice.

• 3 weeks later...

The good news is that it is not to the legs or feet. The bad news is this will keep him off the floor and away from the weights, and that is certainly a set back. Can it be overcome, yes. But it still hurts the early development and the preparation to the year. Sort of like what happened to MJ last year. I am not convinced he ever recovered 100% from his set-back. Same with Ed.

So although the news is not horrible, it certainly is not pleasant to hear that someone we are counting on, will not be good to go until the start of practice.

Fwiw, I'd rather it be a foot/ankle/knee injury - not a stress related issue in the hip/pelvis area. Those can linger forever and cause constant annoyance and discomfort, and never truly be "healed."