More bad news!?

didn't really want to put this in the AW-III thread then this one popped up... wanted to relay that Nebrasketball players seem to have moved on from the latest saga... saw several players (Glynn, MJ, Jeriah, & Evan Taylor) were at the Omaha Zoo this afternoon having a great time together... didn't bug them but from observation it doesn't appear that they are the type to be stressing anything. ready to roll; fans, though, are a different story...

Andrew is taking a huge beating here.

The news writers who cover NU sports are almost universally bashing him.  The fans are pissed.

My guess is that he really is the good kid we thought he was but that his dad is an ass and had Drew's ear and convinced him he needed to find a better situation.

His comments suggest that he thinks a different PR spin on him leaving would have made a difference in terms of how it was perceived.  I don't think that's true at all.  He could characterize things however he wants and people would still be pissed about it.

It's not how he framed it; it's how he did it and when and for what apparent reasons.  And I think Drew really misjudged how fans (and media) would react.  It's like that night you went out with the guys and didn't communicate your plans with your girlfriend and the next day she's pissed and you can't understand why.

In other words, I think he's looking back on this in hindsight and thinking, damn, I didn't think people would be that mad about this.  And he's wishing he would have said more at the time but, in order not to feel responsible for handling it badly, he's blaming Nebraska for him not being able to tell the story his way.

Drew, it wouldn't have mattered.  So, you might as well stick a sock in it and take the (silent) high road from here on out.  M'kay?

It's not how he framed it; it's how he did it and when and for what apparent reasons.  And I think Drew really misjudged how fans (and media) would react.  It's like that night you went out with the guys and didn't communicate your plans with your girlfriend and the next day she's pissed and you can't understand why.

That's a good analogy right there.  

You so want to be right...more than you want us to succeed. That's too bad

What is it that I want to be right about? I love that I'm living rent free in a few peoples heads on here.

That's so much better than being right on Andrew.

You're kind of self-oriented like Andrew, so there's that.  Doubt you're really living in people's heads, and if you are the proclamation that you love it says it all.  

What is it that I want to be right about? I love that I'm living rent free in a few peoples heads on here.

You're kind of self-oriented like Andrew, so there's that.  Doubt you're really living in people's heads, and if you are the proclamation that you love it says it all.  

Let me see if I can explain how we got here so that there is continued bickering about this, at least you'll all be on the same page.

Lanigan made a post about Andrew White leaving and then it actually happened.

However, as he knew that this was likely/probable/a fact he then subsequently made the connection that this was because of Miles.  Once White actually left and how this went down became public he changed his tone as it's become almost crystal clear how insincere White and company were.

Thus, Lanigan is remembering about being right about White while others are remembering him being wrong about the culpability of Miles in this particular situation.  

You're kind of self-oriented like Andrew, so there's that. Doubt you're really living in people's heads, and if you are the proclamation that you love it says it all.

Looks like HB wins.

You're kind of self-oriented like Andrew, so there's that. Doubt you're really living in people's heads, and if you are the proclamation that you love it says it all.

Let me see if I can explain how we got here so that there is continued bickering about this, at least you'll all be on the same page.

Lanigan made a post about Andrew White leaving and then it actually happened.

However, as he knew that this was likely/probable/a fact he then subsequently made the connection that this was because of Miles. Once White actually left and how this went down became public he changed his tone as it's become almost crystal clear how insincere White and company were.

Thus, Lanigan is remembering about being right about White while others are remembering him being wrong about the culpability of Miles in this particular situation.

Looks like Dimes wins.