2018 Recruits

Bugeaters1

She's rated in most recruiting services in the top ten. She will have her pick in schools. I think every B1G school has now offered.

Seem's like she's a heavy lean to South Carolina right now. She has a good relationship with South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley and has already taken unofficial visits to South Carolina. I think she would have verballed South Carolina by now if it hadn't been for interest that she recently received from UConn.

Good to see that this new staff isn't not holding back and going all out when it comes to extending offers though. You can't get them if you don't offer. 

• 4 weeks later...

She's rated in most recruiting services in the top ten. She will have her pick in schools. I think every B1G school has now offered.

Seem's like she's a heavy lean to South Carolina right now. She has a good relationship with South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley and has already taken unofficial visits to South Carolina. I think she would have verballed South Carolina by now if it hadn't been for interest that she recently received from UConn.

Good to see that this new staff isn't not holding back and going all out when it comes to extending offers though. You can't get them if you don't offer. 

Her father (former NBA player Chris Carr) took a coaching job with Kansas State WBB and they are moving to Manhattan, KS - I'd say she is going to be a KState lean :) 

Her father (former NBA player Chris Carr) took a coaching job with Kansas State WBB and they are moving to Manhattan, KS - I'd say she is going to be a KState lean :)

Is it me or does this kinda sound familiar?  :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Payton Brotzki of Platteview HS in Nebraska is currently ranked #36 in class of 2018 by ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/224851/payton-brotzki

Can only assume Coach Williams is closely following Miss Brotzk's progress.

I think someone here, has mentioned Brotzki on this site before. (I haven't seen her play)

Payton Brotzki of Platteview HS in Nebraska is currently ranked #36 in class of 2018 by ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/224851/payton-brotzki

Can only assume Coach Williams is closely following Miss Brotzk's progress.

I think someone here, has mentioned Brotzki on this site before. (I haven't seen her play)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like latest offer from Coach Smesko and Florida Gulf Coast https://twitter.com/NebraskaHSHoops/status/773173838435672065

Wouldn't be nice to get one from Bluders back yard?

Iowa isn't involved in the recruitment of Ashley Joens, same situation as it was with older sister Courtney who plays currently at Illinois. There is a lot of baggage involved, namely the father Brian which Iowa identified early on and wants no part of the headaches that would be involved. By all accounts the girls themselves are great kids with a strong support system outside the home. Look for Iowa State to be a major player in her recruitment.

• 4 months later...

Don't think so...my understanding is Brotzki is sort of waiting for the offer.  She had an injury and some have thought her degree of recovery is of concern by anyone recruiting her. Maybe she's completely healed up...don't know.

There's lots to be explored in the 2018 class..and many offers to make by many different schools. Long, long way to go before it's all said and done.

Coach could pick up another player/transfer at any time, but if my numbers are right we can sign 4 for 2018, to fill out a 15 member squad. And we have one commit already

Edited by redsteve