Catch 'em all: Nebrasketball recruiting

Me and my nephew, went to down to the stadium walked right past Zay and Jack and nobody really bothered them, I got a feeling with the talent on this team, if way have another good run they won't be able to auspiciously walk around campus anymore.....oh and Zay is tall

Me and my nephew, went to down to the stadium walked right past Zay and Jack and nobody really bothered them, I got a feeling with the talent on this team, if way have another good run they won't be able to auspiciously walk around campus anymore.....oh and Zay is tall

Who the hell is Zay?
Isaiah Roby

Who the hell is Zay?
Isaiah Roby

Zay Roby is how he refers to himself on twitter.

And, yes, he's nearly as tall as Jordy.... 

Who the hell is Zay?
Isaiah Roby

https://twitter.com/JackMcVeigh1/status/753732941130436608

Well now...Zay nearly as tall as Jordy? Really? He does appear quite tall and lanky but let's analyze the photo for a minute. We've ever really done that on this board so it should be fun. What does everyone think? I think that with Jordy weighing in almost 70 lbs more than Zay, his body weight crushes the field turf fibers and compresses the rubber pellets in the turf, sinking his body further into the surface than Zay's. This makes Zay appear taller in comparison to Jordy. On an actual basketball floor (a much harder surface) you would notice the extra 2-3 inches that Jordy has on Zay. So is Jordy not actually 6-11 or is Zay taller than 6-8? Or is it impossible to tell because of the field turf?

Who the hell is Zay?
Isaiah Roby

Well now...Zay nearly as tall as Jordy? Really? He does appear quite tall and lanky but let's analyze the photo for a minute. We've ever really done that on this board so it should be fun. What does everyone think? I think that with Jordy weighing in almost 70 lbs more than Zay, his body weight crushes the field turf fibers and compresses the rubber pellets in the turf, sinking his body further into the surface than Zay's. This makes Zay appear taller in comparison to Jordy. On an actual basketball floor (a much harder surface) you would notice the extra 2-3 inches that Jordy has on Zay. So is Jordy not actually 6-11 or is Zay taller than 6-8? Or is it impossible to tell because of the field turf?

I figured it was the way the wind lifted up the 'fro for Zay. They're both 8 foot tall, ya know.... ;)

Who the hell is Zay?
Isaiah Roby

Aw man, now that would have been a good reason to go down to the stadium. 

Who the hell is Zay?
Isaiah Roby

I figured it was the way the wind lifted up the 'fro for Zay. They're both 8 foot tall, ya know.... ;)

The dude in the picture with the pokemon hat is actually 6'6".  Not counting the hat.

Who the hell is Zay?
Isaiah Roby

And, yes, he's nearly as tall as Jordy.... https://twitter.com/JackMcVeigh1/status/753732941130436608

All I care about is that in all the pictures their knees bend the correct way!

m

I also like how they are all getting out and enjoying the process which is being a college athlete in a town that loves their college athletes. Also seem to be handling that everybody wants a piece of them.

Who the hell is Zay?
Isaiah Roby

The dude in the picture with the pokemon hat is actually 6'6".  Not counting the hat.

All I see is a lack of hairy legs. Looks like we've go a solid few years out of these guys.

Who the hell is Zay?
Isaiah Roby

All I see is a lack of hairy legs. Looks like we've go a solid few years out of these guys.

Seriously though...look how long Jordy's arms are compared to the pokemon guy.  My goodness, Jordy could be 6'6" and still play the post with that frame/wingspan combo.  Add in the skillset we've seen in his highlights and he looks like a remarkably complete player for a frosh big man.

Am I the only one who wonders why Jordy and NU were the featured photo for an article in Japan Times? Is it because of the huge Japanese subculture which we have here in Lincoln? Was NU the first stadium to open up for one of these events? Does Jordy already have a cult following in Japan? Is Nebraska considered so provincial and isolated by Japanese readers that it would be equivalent to the LJS running a photo of Runzas being enjoyed by a group of Yak herders in Outer Mongolia? Just wondering.