OK, AWIII is gone. Let's guess where he ends up.

jimmykc

I love the first line of this article "A day after requesting a transfer release for him, Louisville's coaches contacted Nebraska wing Andrew White"......basically saying "No NCAA violations going on here, everything was done by the book". 

I love the first line of this article "A day after requesting a transfer release for him, Louisville's coaches contacted Nebraska wing Andrew White"......basically saying "No NCAA violations going on here, everything was done by the book". 

yeah...kind of makes you wonder what kind of contact they had prior to the transfer?  is there anything against talking to a player prior to?  I guess the one good thing is we won't have to see White on the court again

I guess the one good thing is we won't have to see White on the court again

Unless you watch a Louisville game on TV this year.  Even then ...

Louiville has a one-and-done type small forward named VJ King coming in this year.  6'7" and, well, he can already do the things the NBA told Andrew White he needed to try to develop.

Where did anyone get the idea that Creighton had interest? We have a scholarship open but other than that, the interest for a player like Andrew is pretty lukewarm... he is basically another Cole Huff - not necessarily a bad thing but he really doesn't fit a need for us at this point. I just found it surprising that we were connected to his recruiting. I feel that if he left NU for a bigger stage, CU wouldn't exactly jump off the page as one of his first options for an upgrade.

Or that McDermott would pursue

Where did anyone get the idea that Creighton had interest? We have a scholarship open but other than that, the interest for a player like Andrew is pretty lukewarm... he is basically another Cole Huff - not necessarily a bad thing but he really doesn't fit a need for us at this point. I just found it surprising that we were connected to his recruiting. I feel that if he left NU for a bigger stage, CU wouldn't exactly jump off the page as one of his first options for an upgrade.

Does it make me a jerk if I'm quietly hoping that regardless of where he ends up, the dude currently wearing #3 doesn't give it up for White?

No.  Hoping that he tears an ACL wherever he ends up would make you a jerk.  Hoping he tears both ACLs, well, that would make you a sadist.  I cannot condone that.

If he goes to Creighton, I swear I will hunt him down and kick him in the balls.1

1  Don't be a douche bag and pretend to take this statement literally and claim that I'm making a terroristic threat or some other such bullshit.  It's called hyperbole.  It's called blowing off steam.  It's called talking tough.  And anyone who thinks I really mean it and therefore that I'm committing some crime by saying it, well, you're an asshole.  Your mother never told you that, so it's high time you heard it from someone and that someone might as well be me.  If you try to contend or pretend that I meant an actual threat, you're an asshole.  Period.

Thank you for the footnote professor.  :)

I've seen the argument recently that we just can't -- no way -- replace Andrew.  Basically not even by committee.  Josh Planos, in his Red Review blog at KETV, basically posits that we have no one on the roster among vets or recruits who can progress and develop enough to even remotely fill the void left by one Andrew White.  And that might be true in terms of offensive efficiency by a single player.  Does that mean we won't be able to score without him?  Not hardly.  Planos is looking at our team's productivity this year by looking at last year's numbers.

Lotta talk about Syracuse right now as a destination for White.  And they return 51 made 3-pointers.  Without Andrew -- and without any of our other newcomers who might prove proficient at the three-ball -- we return 78.  So, if White winds up in Louisville and Syracuse's roster stays where it is, using the Panos paradigm, we're in better shape than 'Cuse by a long margin.  And we all know that's just silly.  How many treys your returning players hit last year isn't necessarily a predictor of what they'll be able to do this year.

One thing to keep in mind is that White ate up a lot of the attempts.  Granted, he was the best shooter on the team so you want him to have a lot of attempts.  But if history is any guide, freshmen year stats are almost never the high water mark for a player's career and as they get more minutes, their numbers across the board tend to go up.  Just look at Andrew White's situation.  As a freshman at KU, he only hit 28% of his threes.  As a sophomore, that percentage climbed only to 32%.  That's the guy our returning players and recruits are incapable of replacing?  Even by committee?

Listen, I'm not saying we'll be better off without Andrew.  I've never said that and I've never seen anyone else make that claim either (though I have seen some search for the silver lining in all of this mess.)  But to suggest that Jack McVeigh, who shot 34% from deep as a true freshman, can't improve beyond where he was last year or that Anton Gill won't be a good perimeter shooter because he didn't put up Andrew White's junior numbers in limited action in two years at Louisville ... c'mon, that's just nonsense.  Andrew White didn't put up Andrew White numbers his two years at KU.

Listen, everyone.  You have to factor in some development.  To not do so is to just try to look at things in the most negative light possible.

I've seen the argument recently that we just can't -- no way -- replace Andrew.  Basically not even by committee.  Josh Planos, in his Red Review blog at KETV, basically posits that we have no one on the roster among vets or recruits who can progress and develop enough to even remotely fill the void left by one Andrew White.  And that might be true in terms of offensive efficiency by a single player.  Does that mean we won't be able to score without him?  Not hardly.  Planos is looking at our team's productivity this year by looking at last year's numbers.

Lotta talk about Syracuse right now as a destination for White.  And they return 51 made 3-pointers.  Without Andrew -- and without any of our other newcomers who might prove proficient at the three-ball -- we return 78.  So, if White winds up in Louisville and Syracuse's roster stays where it is, using the Panos paradigm, we're in better shape than 'Cuse by a long margin.  And we all know that's just silly.  How many treys your returning players hit last year isn't necessarily a predictor of what they'll be able to do this year.

One thing to keep in mind is that White ate up a lot of the attempts.  Granted, he was the best shooter on the team so you want him to have a lot of attempts.  But if history is any guide, freshmen year stats are almost never the high water mark for a player's career and as they get more minutes, their numbers across the board tend to go up.  Just look at Andrew White's situation.  As a freshman at KU, he only hit 28% of his threes.  As a sophomore, that percentage climbed only to 32%.  That's the guy our returning players and recruits are incapable of replacing?  Even by committee?

Listen, I'm not saying we'll be better off without Andrew.  I've never said that and I've never seen anyone else make that claim either (though I have seen some search for the silver lining in all of this mess.)  But to suggest that Jack McVeigh, who shot 34% from deep as a true freshman, can't improve beyond where he was last year or that Anton Gill won't be a good perimeter shooter because he didn't put up Andrew White's junior numbers in limited action in two years at Louisville ... c'mon, that's just nonsense.  Andrew White didn't put up Andrew White numbers his two years at KU.

Listen, everyone.  You have to factor in some development.  To not do so is to just try to look at things in the most negative light possible.

been trying to say that from the first day we saw he was transferring.

we're a better team by a couple games with white.  that doesn't mean we backslide to sadler days without him.

They'll eclipse the 40 page mark on a Syracuse message board recruiting thread about White today:

http://syracusefan.com/threads/sg-sf-andrew-white-va-grad-transfer-from-nebraska.105898/

IMO, it's looking good for them to get White.  Also, a common thought coming from the Orange fans is that the addition of White will propel them into a legit Final Four contender.  So, good for him and good for them...I guess.

...but probably the most relevant comment I found in the thread (more than they could possibly imagine, even) is this:

AW3 Countdown:

Registration for new graduate students Monday, August 1
25 days left to AW3 watch 2016.

Also, from skimming through that thread it appears that along with Syracuse, White is being courted by:

Miami

Louisville

Cincinnati

VCU

So, with him considering Miami, UL, 'Cuse, NC State this time around plus Notre Dame last time, it seems that Drew is really set on playing in the ACC.