Andrew White Transfering

I take it AWIII's degree was not in public relations. His career could be used as a casebook to illustrate how not to exit a college career. Can anyone imagine any advisor with his long term interest in mind telling him: "Okay, AW, here is how you should do this. First be sure to leave both colleges where you played without emphasizing how much you enjoyed the state, the fans who supported you, and all of your teammates who will manage very well without you. This will help a lot if you ever want to return to the state and look for a real job when your athletic career ends. Next, be sure to avoid the local media and get all of your feedback from twitter and message boards where your most rational supporters will surely be found. And finally, be sure to find some random reporter somewhere during the recruiting process and plant the seed that the real problem was your previous coach without stating any reason to back this up other than the impressive statistics he allowed you to accumulate during your time there. If you do these things, your chances of having a long and successful professional career will certainly be enhanced."

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/07/andrew_white_iii_opens_up_on_i.html

After reading this crap, I just think less and less of AW3. This article just paints the "I" in White. He tries to play that he's the victim, and it just pisses me off. I knew after his initial article about withdrawing from the draft, and he talked about the offense with Coach Miles and getting the ball in his hands that he was much more selfish than we knew, and that Miles probably didn't care for that attitude. Good riddance.

It was really disappointing to read. Failed at KU, quit at NU, likely a bench player at best at MSU. No regrets that he's gone. Hope he finds his special niche where he feels valued. Long hard road for those who can't persevere.

Just looking at what Michigan St does it would seem they gear their offense towards their strengths. Last few years they shot a lot of 3s because of Forbes and Valentine being great outside shooters. Before that? Middle of the road 3pt shooting team.  Thus, if White is looking at this from a "someone has to shoot 3s" situation, he's only looking at half the picture.  If he went here, he'd win and while he'd get minutes they won't be as many as he will want.

I'd have to look over their situations more but Purdue with Haas/Swanigan and Maryland with their PG play seem like better opportunities.

I saw Rosenthal's piece in this morning's LJS.  I read the first few paragraphs and lost interest.

Apparently, the reason his departure looked so bad was that the news leaked before he really had a chance to send bye-bye notes to his teammates.

The money quote:

"The decision (to transfer) is what it is, but the hostility of it was kind of sparked by Nebraska not giving me the opportunity to make a statement and approach it the way that I wanted to -- so that it would have had some sensitivity and something genuine attached to it," White said.

That's when I stopped reading.

Andrew, the hostility of it was partly because you left us high and dry when it was virtually too late to find a replacement.  But that's OK.  Who leaked it?  I saw a tweet from Jon Rothstein before I saw anything else.  "Nebraska" didn't give you an opportunity to make a statement?  You think you could have avoided hostility by announcing it your way and on your time?  So, would the announcement have come sometime in August?

The other part of the hostility was the seemingly mercenary approach to the decision.  Go back and read the Lee Barfknecht piece that talks about your dad contacting him about getting a "publicist" or some such thing before you've even played a minute at Nebraska.  And then there's the argument that you've shown the NBA scouts that you run from a challenge.

And now you think the hostility was because you didn't get the chance to announce your decision before the news leaked.

Sorry, Drew.  I hate to say this, but you're acting clueless.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/07/andrew_white_iii_opens_up_on_i.html

After reading this crap, I just think less and less of AW3. This article just paints the "I" in White. He tries to play that he's the victim, and it just pisses me off. I knew after his initial article about withdrawing from the draft, and he talked about the offense with Coach Miles and getting the ball in his hands that he was much more selfish than we knew, and that Miles probably didn't care for that attitude. Good riddance.

This tells me everything I need to know about him as a person: "I'm not as bad of a person as the Nebraska fan base is deeming me."

Really, Andrew?  You're a 5th year senior, who abandoned your team at the worst possible time, after previously running away from KU rather than compete.  And no one's saying you're a criminal.  We're just saying you're an egotist, clueless, and classless.  Well guess what?  YOUR actions, attitude, and words prove that, not the fanbase's.  Don't like having people say you lack character?  Then try getting some.  Good riddance.

And before anyone jumps in and says "oh, he's just a college kid...", let me jut cut you off now.  He's a college GRADUATE, and repeatedly refers to himself as a grown man in that article.  His own words show that he thinks he has the right to an equal voice as his head coach.  You want to make adult decisions, Andrew?  You want to be treated like a big boy now?  Then how about you start by paying your own way for something rather than leaching off of tax-payer funded institutions, grow a pair, and get a job.  

I take it AWIII's degree was not in public relations. His career could be used as a casebook to illustrate how not to exit a college career. Can anyone imagine any advisor with his long term interest in mind telling him: "Okay, AW, here is how you should do this. First be sure to leave both colleges where you played without emphasizing how much you enjoyed the state, the fans who supported you, and all of your teammates who will manage very well without you. This will help a lot if you ever want to return to the state and look for a real job when your athletic career ends. Next, be sure to avoid the local media and get all of your feedback from twitter and message boards where your most rational supporters will surely be found. And finally, be sure to find some random reporter somewhere during the recruiting process and plant the seed that the real problem was your previous coach without stating any reason to back this up other than the impressive statistics he allowed you to accumulate during your time there. If you do these things, your chances of having a long and successful professional career will certainly be enhanced."

That'll be $25,000 Mr. White!

Lanigan 123: I hate to be that guy and have avoided mentioning this up to now but ,after over 15,500 hits on this little thread, could you PLEASE add the other "r" in the title before everyone thinks us Nebraska folks don't know how to spell "tranzferr"?

Wouldn't you say the damage is already done though after 15.5k hits?

This tells me everything I need to know about him as a person: "I'm not as bad of a person as the Nebraska fan base is deeming me."

Really, Andrew?  You're a 5th year senior, who abandoned your team at the worst possible time, after previously running away from KU rather than compete.  And no one's saying you're a criminal.  We're just saying you're an egotist, clueless, and classless.  Well guess what?  YOUR actions, attitude, and words prove that, not the fanbase's.  Don't like having people say you lack character?  Then try getting some.  Good riddance.

And before anyone jumps in and says "oh, he's just a college kid...", let me jut cut you off now.  He's a college GRADUATE, and repeatedly refers to himself as a grown man in that article.  His own words show that he thinks he has the right to an equal voice as his head coach.  You want to make adult decisions, Andrew?  You want to be treated like a big boy now?  Then how about you start by paying your own way for something rather than leaching off of tax-payer funded institutions, grow a pair, and get a job.  

49r: At the rate AWIII is moving, this thread could have 50,000 hits before it ends. Unless everyone has indeed decided about transferring our attention elsewhere.

well, norm and i were in agreement that, collectively, we were 'moving on'.

what do i know though. I'm a man, but I'm...not 40?