Andrew White Transfering

We were in the final mix for Bielfeldt last year.  In-conference grad transfers seemed like a pretty great idea back then...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Miles didnt proactively come out a couple months prior to that stating he was against it and then invite him in for a visit either.  Same cant be said for Izzo.

A few things. 

1.  This does stink bad. 

2.  Izzo can think it is bad, but also feel he is putting his program at a disadvantage if he doesn't go after a guy like White if if falls in his lap.  Tough to be overly critical of him.  He didn't write the rules. 

3.  Wasnt Biefeldt sort of forced out of there due to lack of room?  I didn't think Michigan wanted him back.  Someone correct me if I am wrong here as I very well might be.  If I am correct, then it apples and oranges type of thing IMO. 

A few things. 

1.  This does stink bad. 

2.  Izzo can think it is bad, but also feel he is putting his program at a disadvantage if he doesn't go after a guy like White if if falls in his lap.  Tough to be overly critical of him.  He didn't write the rules. 

3.  Wasnt Biefeldt sort of forced out of there due to lack of room?  I didn't think Michigan wanted him back.  Someone correct me if I am wrong here as I very well might be.  If I am correct, then it apples and oranges type of thing IMO. 

100% agree on point #2.  Don't hate the playa, etc...

As far as I'm concerned Izzo is among the best in the biz and going after AW3 isn't going to change my opinion on that.  I guess it is just my perspective on it.  The minute Drew announced he was leaving my thoughts were to wish him the best of luck and move on.  It honestly was that easy at least for me.

I root for the guys that wear "Huskers" on their jersey and if they choose not to do that then so be it, good luck to them in the pursuit of their dreams.  There's plenty of others that want to be here, and their commitment and dedication to the team demands and deserves my commitment and respect as a fan in return.

Now, having said all that I'm not convinced that MSU is the best spot for White.  He'd be put in another logjam at his position and I don't think it would be so great for his ability to advance to the next level.  From all I've read, it seems like Syracuse would be a much better fit.  But that's not my decision to make.

With all due respect, Max Bielfeldt isn't remotely the same. Not. Remotely. The. Same. 

Beilein said during Bielfeldt's final year at Michigan the kid was gonna transfer. Michigan didn't have a scholarship for him. Michigam released him in mid-April. It was the plan all along. 

Using Max Bielfeldt as some kind of point that "Miles does it too" is wrong on its face. Bielfeldt didn't do any of the nonsense White has done. 

I mean, look: If White had rolled into Miles' office in April and said "Hey, I'm gonna graduate, and I'm not playing here next year, even if I don't go to the NBA" that'd be one thing.

That thing did not happen. 

With all due respect, Max Bielfeldt isn't remotely the same. Not. Remotely. The. Same.

Beilein said during Bielfeldt's final year at Michigan the kid was gonna transfer. Michigan didn't have a scholarship for him. Michigam released him in mid-April. It was the plan all along.

Using Max Bielfeldt as some kind of point that "Miles does it too" is wrong on its face. Bielfeldt didn't do any of the nonsense White has done.

I mean, look: If White had rolled into Miles' office in April and said "Hey, I'm gonna graduate, and I'm not playing here next year, even if I don't go to the NBA" that'd be one thing.

That thing did not happen.

Spot. Freaking. On.

It's fairly obvious at this point that AW-III & Co. (and that's an important factor, the "& Co.") think very highly of themselves. And they want to be recruited by the "players" in the biz. It has seemingly happened at 3 junctures in his college career. I truly wonder how NBA execs look at this type of 'grass is always greener' attitude (but it might be so pervasive in society generally speaking that is a non-sequitor at this point).

Case in point:

I do hope that AW-III finds a spot that works out for him going forward (unless it actually is Mich St).  I have kind of felt that it would be poetic justice for him to encounter struggles along the way. It seems that for most marginal NBA talent like TP or AW-III the struggle is typically what happens in his attempt(s) to get to the next level, IMHO. The struggle is a big part of getting to the league.

I truly wonder how NBA execs look at this type of 'grass is always greener' attitude 

The NBA has guys moving around all over the place when it works for them and ownership cutting guys when it works for them. In the grand scheme of things as long as Andrew White hires an agent who isn't related to him this isn't even a blip on the radar. All of this is window dressing to the fact that the guy can't get his own shot and will have trouble guarding people at the next level.

You know things aren't good when the normally even keeled writers start finding out more info, and are starting to turn on him in a way.

This almost certainly would have been a divisive "Is Miles losing this program" sort of story everywhere, especially this board, had White not put everything on hold.  Obviously everyone wanted him to be here but if him leaving was inevitable I guess the polarizing effect on the fan base, media, and maybe even the team has been the shine on this turd.

I truly wonder how NBA execs look at this type of 'grass is always greener' attitude 

The NBA has guys moving around all over the place when it works for them and ownership cutting guys when it works for them. In the grand scheme of things as long as Andrew White hires an agent who isn't related to him this isn't even a blip on the radar. All of this is window dressing to the fact that the guy can't get his own shot and will have trouble guarding people at the next level.

I don't know about that; ya never know, in the back of some people's minds, it could be an issue. It's not a good look...

And, for what it's worth, AW-II will likely be AW-III's agent as he already has been twice in his college career (from the looks of things).

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/07/andrew_white_iii_opens_up_on_i.html

After reading this crap, I just think less and less of AW3. This article just paints the "I" in White. He tries to play that he's the victim, and it just pisses me off. I knew after his initial article about withdrawing from the draft, and he talked about the offense with Coach Miles and getting the ball in his hands that he was much more selfish than we knew, and that Miles probably didn't care for that attitude. Good riddance.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/07/andrew_white_iii_opens_up_on_i.html

After reading this crap, I just think less and less of AW3. This article just paints the "I" in White. He tries to play that he's the victim, and it just pisses me off. I knew after his initial article about withdrawing from the draft, and he talked about the offense with Coach Miles and getting the ball in his hands that he was much more selfish than we knew, and that Miles probably didn't care for that attitude. Good riddance.

It was really disappointing to read. Failed at KU, quit at NU, likely a bench player at best at MSU. No regrets that he's gone. Hope he finds his special niche where he feels valued. Long hard road for those who can't persevere.