Andrew White Transfering

Hi Crazy.... How's that salt taste?

Some life advice... don't be such a douche even when you're right.
Go read the thread where I'm trashed for bringing sourced material to the board. As I already replied to someone via DM earlier. I didn't want to be right. I'm a Husker fan and this is a huge loss. It speaks to larger issues.

This. There's a lot about this basketball program that the general public doesn't hear

Time to get off my soap box and enjoy my Saturday night. On we go and let's see what happens to fill in aw3s spot.

IF we fill Whites spot. Miles hasn't been able to fill out a roster in 4 years. No reason to believe he will do it now. Plus, it's very let in the game. Huge blow for next years team and Miles future at Nebraska IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 eligible scholarship players at this point, only 3 guards, everybody else in the conference has a better returning player than our best returning player. Don't know how that adds up to challenging for the top half of the conference this year.

Time to get off my soap box and enjoy my Saturday night. On we go and let's see what happens to fill in aw3s spot.

IF we fill Whites spot. Miles hasn't been able to fill out a roster in 4 years. No reason to believe he will do it now. Plus, it's very let in the game. Huge blow for next years team and Miles future at Nebraska IMO.

10 eligible scholarship players at this point, only 3 guards, everybody else in the conference has a better returning player than our best returning player. Don't know how that adds up to challenging for the top half of the conference this year.
It would mean Anton Gill needs to be really really good. A 4th losing season in 5 years will give Eichorst a lot of ammo to bring his own guy in.

It speaks to larger issues.
No, it speaks to a delusional college student athlete.

This is where I call it quits in this thread.

There is the possibility that no one is right in this. Bad way to handle it from White perspective obviously, but unless you know his reasoning you can't completely judge his motive.

I didn't like the tone of the articles when he was withdrawing from the draft. He sounded selfish in his quotes, making it sound like the offense needed to be run through him to improve his draft stock. This might have lead to conversations that Miles didn't like. Unless there is a family issue, this looks like a TOTAL dick move.

Don't you think it's a little classless to text the AD? Can't even be a man and tell someone face to face? Or just totally dicking your teammates over?

Just because he's transferring doesn't mean it's because of the BS reasons you were spewing a couple months ago.

Right because being tired of the Miles roadshow means he would just text the AD.

There is the possibility that no one is right in this. Bad way to handle it from White perspective obviously, but unless you know his reasoning you can't completely judge his motive.
Nor does it really matter...he's gone and we are left scrambling. This shit is getting old...the "youth" excuse won't fly going forward.

Dude, you as an "insider" attempted to roast me, go back and read the thread. I said he was tired of the sideshow. I said this was the last straw that everything else can't just be coincidence.

It wasn't just you.

there has to be more to this story right? i mean he averaged 16 and 6 here and basically had the green light to shoot whenever he wanted. what exactly is he looking for? he can go to another kansas type powerhouse school, but then he risks getting no minutes again to a true freshman.

my expectations for next season have greatly dropped, but at least our young guys will get to play a lot.

It would mean Anton Gill needs to be really really good. A 4th losing season in 5 years will give Eichorst a lot of ammo to bring his own guy in.

Yeah, hard to see someone surviving four losing seasons out of five. Somehow Collier did and got a sixth year, though. (Year five was 0.500 and not technically a losing season, but close enough.)

I'm with ya, CrazyforNUHOOPS. We may disagree on some stuff, but it's prolly time to check out of this thread before I say something stupid because I'm mad about this (AWIII leaving).

So if I recall correctly, this means Tai is out too then? I sure as hell hope not.

That is what I heard from the beginning about Tai, that if White went he would not return.  White has not talked with Miles in over a month so I would say the writing was on the wall for quite some time.  White went directly to SE for his release and completely bypassed Miles so that also says something.  Timmy needs to get his house in order or he will not be long as Nebraska's coach (IMHO not hearing this but). 

Brian Rosenthal made a good point in one of his tweets: it probably wouldn't have been too good of an idea to have a young team being led by a senior who is most concerned about enhancing his draft status. (Something along those lines)

AW3 is obviously more concerned about himself and his future than the Nebraska basketball team. I'm not here to judge AW3, but at the end of the day it's probably best for AW3 and the development of our young players, that we part ways. It definitely sucks and puts a damper on next season but what can you do.

Brian Rosenthal made a good point in one of his tweets: it probably wouldn't have been too good of an idea to have a young team being led by a senior who is most concerned about enhancing his draft status. (Something along those lines)

AW3 is obviously more concerned about himself and his future than the Nebraska basketball team. I'm not here to judge AW3, but at the end of the day it's probably best for AW3 and the development of our young players, that we part ways. It definitely sucks and puts a damper on next season but what can you do.

yea, but he would have absorbed some of shields points/minutes, and his numbers would have been better by default.

In now way is this good for Nebrasketball. Unless finishing at the bottom of the Big Ten is good.

In now way is this good for Nebrasketball. Unless finishing at the bottom of the Big Ten is good.

If AW3 is carrying a me first mentality, it definitely is good for the team. A team can be talented and still not perform well if it has internal issues and everyone isn't on the same page. See Nebrasketball 2014-15

I guess I feel bad for our players more than anything else.  This drama has been bubbling up for the past two months and had to be a big distraction during off season training for Tai and every other team member.  AWIII - if he wanted to be - could have been a consummate leader for this group of teammates he spent two years with.  Obviously, he has other priorities, and I respect his right to choose his own path.

If AW3 is carrying a me first mentality, it definitely is good for the team. A team can be talented and still not perform well if it has internal issues and everyone isn't on the same page. See Nebrasketball 2014-15
We are not winning more games without White no matter how much you want that to be true. Next year is likely to be very ugly again unless we are able to pull a few rabbits out of a hat on the recruiting trail. No offense to Roby and Horne...but it's not fair to be huge expectations on them as freshman and we will be needing them.

I also didn't like the quotes from AWIII talking about us needing to work the offense around what he needs to improve on, but I think this says more about his confidence in our ability to help him get better than anything. I have questioned this program's ability to help guys get better too, especially losing Craig Smith. I think Miles needed to work on offense and bringing in the new assistant seemed like a step in that direction. Maybe AWIII didn't like what he heard from the new Butler assistant regarding the offense?

It really does hurt when a guy guaranteed to get 30+ minutes chooses to go elsewhere :(

This really will put heat on Miles in the next year or two. I know it's the name of the game these days, but I'm not sure we can make a living off continually being the place people come to get more minutes and prove themselves. That sales pitch works it seems, but we need some consistency SOMETIME in order to compete. I'm starting to wonder (and have been wondering for a while) if Miles knows hoops enough to build and maintain a program or whether he's more of a "rah rah" salesman.