Purdue Game Thread: As Sure As Dogs Can Fly

cipsucks

Some positives from tonight.

1) Shavon Shield's willingness to take the team on his back.

2) David Rivers guarding of their 7 footer and his all out hustle.

3) Glimpes of what the Huskers will play like when Miles has his players and a year or two in the system.

4) Shavon Shields play.

5) The red shirts being into the game, being good teammates.

6) Seeing what GATA can get us if we played it for a whole game or half.

7) Shavon Shields play.

8) JT may be giving us another option this season and next.

We lost and it really stinks, BUT there were some hope for the future that shined though.

Now where did that pitcher of kool ade go. ;)

The trapping they were doing will be great when we have more depth.  We were causing havoc, but it killed us down the stretch.  Tyrance is a good worker, but I don't think he's going to be much except mop-up duty next year.

you can always count on the stocky white guy to torch NU.

Maybe we should recruit one of these!

We have one. Peltz, but he doesn't shoot...

Hard to shoot when you're out for the year with a knee injury.

so you're saying he would be shooting lights out if he was healthy?

No, I'm saying if you're trying to make an intelligent point, you fell woefully short.

Some positives from tonight.

1) Shavon Shield's willingness to take the team on his back.

2) David Rivers guarding of their 7 footer and his all out hustle.

3) Glimpes of what the Huskers will play like when Miles has his players and a year or two in the system.

4) Shavon Shields play.

5) The red shirts being into the game, being good teammates.

6) Seeing what GATA can get us if we played it for a whole game or half.

7) Shavon Shields play.

8) JT may be giving us another option this season and next.

9) Didn't quit and make this a 40 point loss.

We lost and it really stinks, BUT there were some hope for the future that shined though.

Now where did that pitcher of kool ade go. ;)

And the shooters are coming!

Is miles hinting to parker that he should transfer or is parker hurt that badly? I mean Parker isn't starting on a team that has 1 point guard and has provided nothing in B1G play.

He played very poorly tonight, and needs to make shots from the outside to get minutes.  I do think the injury has something to with it, but if he doesn't work on his shot during the off-season, he will see much less minutes next year.

So, Kent calls out Rivers and Andre as not being the guys to help Shields and Jordan.  Kent, Ray and Talley couldn't hit the water if they fell out of a boat.  They were the guys that should have been called out.  They have to shoot BETTER if NU wants to win in the Big 10.  It's that simple.

Kent is a washed up guy that has a higher impression of himself than others.  To say Rivers not being there when you figure what he did on defense, Kent is a bafoon.

So, Kent calls out Rivers and Andre as not being the guys to help Shields and Jordan.  Kent, Ray and Talley couldn't hit the water if they fell out of a boat.  They were the guys that should have been called out.  They have to shoot BETTER if NU wants to win in the Big 10.  It's that simple.

Kent is a washed up guy that has a higher impression of himself than others.  To say Rivers not being there when you figure what he did on defense, Kent is a bafoon.

rivers and andre along with JT were the only ones to help shavon, what game was he watching

I was wondering the same thing, but if Rey and Dylan do not start shooting better we aren't winning a game.  Again, it is that simple. They are combining to shoot 31% from the floor and 21% from 3 in conference play.  Those MUST go up if we have any hope of winning multiple games in this league.

Is miles hinting to parker that he should transfer or is parker hurt that badly? I mean Parker isn't starting on a team that has 1 point guard and has provided nothing in B1G play.

He played very poorly tonight, and needs to make shots from the outside to get minutes.  I do think the injury has something to with it, but if he doesn't work on his shot during the off-season, he will see much less minutes next year.

Parker also appears to be lacking confidence, but 7 minutes?  Doesn't bode well for future playing time.

Come on guys just one more run.

Kill dj byrd now.  Y know that douchbag is the one who will taunt the crowd when he leaves.

Punch him for me Jadler, I'll come bail you out of jail.

In the second half, I was waiting for a time for the crowd to quiet down a bit so I could yell at Byrd, "HEY, BYRD, IN FIVE YEARS, YOU'RE GONNA WEIGH 300 POUNDS AND HAVE MAN BOOBS!"

The crowd never quieted down long enough for me to spit that out.

Did anyone else notice how kickass Purdue's shoes were?  Wow.  Black.  And they had a swoosh.  I'm sorry, but Adidas just doesn't do black like that.  I can see why recruits would choose Purdue over Nebraska.  Just look at those shoes.

And the reversible Nike shorts!  You can wear them backwards in the first half and then switch them around at half time and wear them frontwards for the second half.