NCAA Men's Basketball Attendance

How much does the lack of attendance for the non conference games impact this number if any. There were lots of empty seats for most of the nonconference games...both regular people and students. or is this all based on ticket sales which are meaningless when it come to fans actually attending the games. They brag about sell outs on tickets, yet you can easily move from the 200-300 down to the 100 level for most of those non conference games. It's not like football where they will do whatever it takes to put butts in every seat. Will be nice if basketball gets to a point where when they say sellout...they mean sellout.

There's plenty of empty seats at fb game when they say it's a sellout. It's all about tickets being sold. It is what it is, there is no way you're going to "sell out" every cupcake even if you're a blue blood program.

oh FFS, Nebraska is not unique in the way they handle this.  If you think that attendance at other sold out venues like Maryland or Michigan State is always 100%, or anywhere close to it for crappy non conference games you're out of your ever-lovin' mind.  Would it be nice if we could have it like "no sit Sunday" for every single game, even Sanford?  Sure.  Is it realistic to expect it???  Hell no.

I did not know that "oh for FFS" was a thing. I love it. I might have to use that in the future if I can remember.

So interestingly enough, just a few hours after this news came out, I got an email from the ticket office saying my Season Ticket was up for renewal.  What a coincidence!!!   :)

Anyway, I've renewed and it appears there is no change in the price of tickets this year.  So, that's good.

Looks to me like the 200 level went up from $12 per ticket to $13 per ticket. I believe the price in year 1 was $11 per ticket. Still, a good deal.

So interestingly enough, just a few hours after this news came out, I got an email from the ticket office saying my Season Ticket was up for renewal.  What a coincidence!!!   :)

Anyway, I've renewed and it appears there is no change in the price of tickets this year.  So, that's good.

Looks to me like the 200 level went up from $12 per ticket to $13 per ticket. I believe the price in year 1 was $11 per ticket. Still, a good deal.

I have a 38 year old ticket (Missouri-Nebraska 1978) in my upstairs desk drawer.  Face value for that C3, Row 36 ticket is $3.  My comparable, even slightly better season ticket seats in section 319 this year will be $6/game.

If you use the CPI as a barometer, those $3 seats ought to be worth $11.47 by now.

KNTK - Morning Take:  Don’t say Nebraska isn’t a basketball state; Huskers and Creighton both in top 15 of fan attendance in 2015/16

http://www.theticketfm.com/podcasts/morningtake/2016_06_09_02.mp3

(15:13)

Fan support isn’t the issue at Nebraska; will it wane if the team schedules like it has the past few years, though? Similar comparison to the sellout streak in football