You know what? It's okay

Silverbacked1

I am really happy about who is coming in this year. We are getting a good outside shooter from Kansas. I hustling hybrid from Colorado and Nebraska Player of the year.

We want to run and gun and press and run, so I think we got what will work. I am also happy to call these new girls HUSKERS!

We will win with what we got.

yes, definitely going to be an interesting upcoming season. have no doubt coach williams will have this team playing hard---will just have to see how things unfold. how many "W"s can she pull out? will be interesting.

according to sm's article, it may have verified what i have been kind of thinking. nat's comments may have done more damage than some of us would like to admit. true or not.

from the article: " A source with knowledge of Doyle’s recruitment conceded that Yori’s resignation — and Romeo’s comments — created “uncertainty” for Doyle."

I thought we were moving on.

I thought that was the consensus of everyone.  Apparently it depends on whose ox is being gored.

Which comments would those be, whoopdeedoo?  The ones where she said she thought it was more about immaturity of some of the players than bullying by the coach?

I've seen plenty to suggest some immaturity by one or more players.  I've seen plenty to confirm there wasn't much to the whole bullying thing.

So, sounds like maybe there was something to what Nat had to say.  And, for Doyle, it sounds like it wasn't so much WHAT Nat said, but what was BEHIND what Nat said.  So ...

Are we moving on or aren't we?

yes, definitely going to be an interesting upcoming season. have no doubt coach williams will have this team playing hard---will just have to see how things unfold. how many "W"s can she pull out? will be interesting.

according to sm's article, it may have verified what i have been kind of thinking. nat's comments may have done more damage than some of us would like to admit. true or not.

from the article: " A source with knowledge of Doyle’s recruitment conceded that Yori’s resignation — and Romeo’s comments — created “uncertainty” for Doyle."

Actually I have heard it was the reason behind Romeo's comments that caused concern in the Doyle family. 

I thought that was the consensus of everyone.  Apparently it depends on whose ox is being gored.

Which comments would those be, whoopdeedoo?  The ones where she said she thought it was more about immaturity of some of the players than bullying by the coach?

I've seen plenty to suggest some immaturity by one or more players.  I've seen plenty to confirm there wasn't much to the whole bullying thing.

So, sounds like maybe there was something to what Nat had to say.  And, for Doyle, it sounds like it wasn't so much WHAT Nat said, but what was BEHIND what Nat said.  So ...

Tell you what, Norm, go ahead and move on.  It's OK, really.  Just allow the rest of us to express our opinions.  If Natalie's comments made a recruit uneasy I expect that was an unintentional result.  Nevertheless, if that was part of Doyle's reason for decommitting then the truth is that not only did Nat abandon us but she dropped a poison pill into the water on the way out.  For that I should wish her the best of everything in the future?  I don't think so.

Tell you what, Norm, go ahead and move on.  It's OK, really.  Just allow the rest of us to express our opinions.  If Natalie's comments made a recruit uneasy I expect that was an unintentional result.  Nevertheless, if that was part of Doyle's reason for decommitting then the truth is that not only did Nat abandon us but she dropped a poison pill into the water on the way out.  For that I should wish her the best of everything in the future?  I don't think so.

Hey, I'm up for whatever.

I was happy to discuss it but I was told that I should drop it and let it go.  And I agreed to do that and did do that.

But then whoopdeedoo brings it up again this morning.

So, are we dropping it or not?  I'm happy to get with the program, whatever program that happens to be.

I take it we're not dropping it and moving on, then?

Couldn't be further from the truth, or more off-base.  Somebody did the abandoning, but it wasn't Nat.

Couldn't be further from the truth, or more off-base.  Somebody did the abandoning, but it wasn't Nat.

I agree 100% with this.

I would elaborate, but I've been asked not to at this point.  I might get into it later.  We were all going to move on and just support the program, but that sentiment only applies in one direction, apparently.

BirdsOnTheBat should maybe change handle to DogsInTheFight.

Down-arrows everyone who disagrees with him on Natalie.  But won't say why.

Not that I give a crap Norm, but it must be nice to have the privilege to see what every other poster does or does not do.  Talk about Big Brother watching.  You just seem to like to push your agenda.  I stated what I did, or didn't state, and moved on.  I don't really care who left or who did or did not sign or come back in the end as they will have no bearing on the upcoming season (at least in my thoughts).  You play with the cards dealt you and don't worry about what might have been.  Like the two recruits moving on perhaps not even making it through preseason without a stress fracture or broken foot or some other such malady that has been pervasive over the past several years.  Coincidence?  I think probably not but hey, what the hell do I know, YOU are the guru around here.

Birds, I look at this as a discussion board.  I'm always willing to have a reasonable, decent discussion with people about whatever issue if they're willing to reciprocate.  I was willing to do that with the turmoil over the last several weeks but, instead, posters requested that I just let it go and that we (all) move on.

And I was FINE with that.  I let it go.  If people want to discuss it, I'm fine with that too.  I'll discuss it without getting acrimonious about it.  Which is not the same thing as backing down.

What I DON'T really have much patience for is the chicken shits who down-arrow people without entering into the discussion.  If you want to down-arrow me, fine, but have the balls to tell me what you disagree with.  So that we can have a discussion.  Because this is a discussion board.

Now, at long last, it seems you apparently haven't figured out that the up-arrow/down-arrow system isn't anonymous.  You can go through my reputation points and see who has up- and down-arrowed me and I can go through yours as well.  If you get up- or down-arrowed, you can see who did it.  So can I.

What I've seen during this period of turmoil is that you won't enter into the discussion but you're certainly willing to click the red arrow for anyone who sticks up for Natalie Romeo or who casts doubt on any of the administration's decisions about what has gone on.  You like to down-arrow people a lot but you don't, apparently, like to express an opinion or try to defend it.

To me, that's cowardly. 

It's especially cowardly to now find out that you thought you could sit back there and just anonymously divvy out your red arrows without having to back anything up and thinking nobody would know it was you.

Birds, just so it's clear where I'm coming from, I have a short memory and I don't hold grudges.  I would much rather have you be an active participant in the discussion.  Tell me why you think I'm wrong.  I'm big enough to handle disagreement.

But I can't engage with or understand the point of view of a red (or green) arrow.  Red arrows don't convey any message other than disapproval.  That's it.  They don't allow for the opportunity to reach an understanding -- even if the understanding reached is "we'll have to agree to disagree on this one."

I get that there are times where a subject is too divisive or has been talked out.  And I was willing to respect everyone's request to drop it (even though I was down-arrowed again simply for saying I was OK with the subject being tabled.)

But if we're going to talk about it, it's not fair to say "only those who support position A can speak; everyone else needs to just let it go."  That's not right.  We either let it go or we don't.  For everybody.

I have seen Move On about 10 to many times on this thread already!!!! :ph34r:

No matter the reason(s)........This whole situation su*ks, and unfortunately, things fell apart to some extent, and has cost us a coaching staff, recruits, and even a current player.

Maybe the most frustrating thing is ...there's not much we (us) can do about it.   Complain sure...but have fun with that. Will tomorrow be better than today by shouting again, and again, or the loudest?

It will probably take a year or two to attempt a catch up overall. But that's all up to Coach Wiiliam's, the staff, and our current players (which I really like as our players). And us the fans to support them all...give them the chance to prove their mettle.

I'm all for what's to come...not coulda - woulda...what was.....or what might have been.

So yes, I have moved on...... number 11 move on-er on I think ?

Excited to see which of our 12 players rise to the top as everybody gets a fresh start.  Will probably have a couple who maybe didn't previously get much playing time take a big step up.  Sure hope we can develop some depth with our 4 newbies and healthy returnees.

Excited to see which of our 12 players rise to the top as everybody gets a fresh start.  Will probably have a couple who maybe didn't previously get much playing time take a big step up.  Sure hope we can develop some depth with our 4 newbies and healthy returnees.

Actually kind of glad we'll have at least 3 games in the early season NIT.  It obviously will help a ton getting regrouped, and give the freshman a taste of the big time.  ;)

Hello All; I'm a first time poster but have been following your site for quite awhile.  I am a Pennsylvania Husker fan as my mother was from Omaha. I also have coached basketball for 20 years, the last 10 years as a high school varsity girls coach.

I've been hoping that either Doyle or Cayton would still be all N, and I'm sure the new coach is disappointed but I can promise you she will be and the Huskers will be just fine.  I have dealt with losing talented players over the years due to various reasons, but I would take a hard working kid who wanted to be there every time over a talented kid who didn't have her heart in it. 

I don't think they will be winning  national championships anytime soon, but it will be fun watching Coach Williams getting her team to "Buy In" to her philosophy. Having great players is important, but without having "buy-in" from all players the team will never achieve their potential.  Look for Coach Williams' first few teams to over achieve; Go Big Red!

As for today's players being "Soft, entitled, spoiled" that is entirely another topic, but it is an issue.

Welcome to the forum HoopsNut.  I agree totally with the buy in concept.  We are obviously going through a transition, but that isn't all bad.  The team performance in the Big Ten the past two years (10-8 and 9-9) speaks for itself.  I will be interested in seeing what the positive effects of possible improved team chemistry can do over the next couple of years to move us up from the middle of the pack.

Welcome to the forum HoopsNut.  I agree totally with the buy in concept.  We are obviously going through a transition, but that isn't all bad.  The team performance in the Big Ten the past two years (10-8 and 9-9) speaks for itself.  I will be interested in seeing what the positive effects of possible improved team chemistry can do over the next couple of years to move us up from the middle of the pack.

Of course, some big contributors to the chemistry problems are still with the program.  So perhaps actions taken by the new coaches can get those players to change their ways and do the whole buy in thing.  We'll see.  

And I have to disagree that the final conference records the last 2 years "speak for themselves".  Unless you think losing a player of Rachel Theriot's ability toward the end of both seasons didn't contribute to the final records, I don't think you can make a statement like that.  We were "up from the middle of the pack" both years until disaster hit.  (I realize that many on here blame Yori for the injuries also).  We had a lot of talent returning, and a lot of talent coming in.   I would argue that the odds of us moving up from the middle of the pack over the next couple of years were reduced by recent action by our AD, rather than increased.