Jordy Tshimanga is N

bball23

That cord around Jordy's shoulders makes me wonder if he graduated with honors of some sort.

I saw a tweet from Jordy talking about not having to take finals because he had As in all of his classes and he was waiting for friends to get done taking their tests so they could go hang out.  (I checked his twitter trying to see if there was any indication of when he might be headed to Lincoln.)

Anyway, smart kid.  Someone had once suggested that he might have a tough time getting through the Clearinghouse due to coming from Canada and questions about whether coursework would transfer over.  I have a tendency to think that's much ado about nothing.  He spent 3 years at McDuffie School.  And he has all As his last semester?  Na, he's gonna be fine.

That cord around Jordy's shoulders makes me wonder if he graduated with honors of some sort.

I saw a tweet from Jordy talking about not having to take finals because he had As in all of his classes and he was waiting for friends to get done taking their tests so they could go hang out.  (I checked his twitter trying to see if there was any indication of when he might be headed to Lincoln.)

Anyway, smart kid.  Someone had once suggested that he might have a tough time getting through the Clearinghouse due to coming from Canada and questions about whether coursework would transfer over.  I have a tendency to think that's much ado about nothing.  He spent 3 years at McDuffie School.  And he has all As his last semester?  Na, he's gonna be fine.

There was an article stating he would get here in July for the second session of summer school.  Thats the last I heard.

That Clearinghouse talk seemed to simply be speculation on why it was taking so long for him to decide. He learned English in 3 years...he seems quite bright.

That Clearinghouse talk seemed to simply be speculation on why it was taking so long for him to decide. He learned English in 3 years...he seems quite bright.

Three years? I ain't gots it rite yet and i teach it!

I hate to be the grammar cop, but you forgot the "done."  Like "i done teach it!"

I hate to be the grammar cop, but you forgot the "done."  Like "i done teach it!"

Sea I rest my Casey.

Sea I rest my Casey.

Git-r done!

Sea I rest my Casey.

I could have also accepted "I teaches it."

"I teaches it" or "I done teach it."  Either way is acceptable according to the Strunk and White, "Elements of Style: Missouri and Arkansas Edition."

Sea I rest my Casey.

I could have also accepted "I teaches it."

"I teaches it" or "I done teach it."  Either way is acceptable according to the Strunk and White, "Elements of Style: Missouri and Arkansas Edition."

Wells wezz speeks gooder den most here en Mizzerree

One of the things I like about Jordy is that, while he has a big personality, he can show some attitude on the floor, a little testicular fortitude, a little je ne sais quoi.  He's not afraid to be a little bit of an alpha dog out there.  I like that in a center.

Jordy!

Sipp in LJS:

* Let's stay with hoops. Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst clearly is impressed with Husker center recruit Jordy Tshimanga's personality.

Intangibles could be important in Tshimanga's case, with all the fan attention he'll receive.

"I'm pleased we got size in the post," Eichorst said of the 6-foot-11 player. "But more importantly, we got somebody who fits the program well."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-listening-to-kerr-and-trump-it-s/article_1c0f0d66-54ff-52fc-91fd-1e617249e592.html

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Lee Barfknecht has a nice article today on Jordy Tshimanga.   Here is a blurb from the article:

"Over the past five games, when he moved into the starting lineup beginning with Nebraska’s upset of No. 20 Purdue, Tshimanga has blossomed.  In that stretch, he has averaged 9.8 points and 7.4 rebounds while shooting 55.9 percent from the field. In the 20 games before that, his numbers were 3.7, 2.9 and 40.3 percent."

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, huskercwg said:

...just wait and see... I am sure I will continue to receive my share of poop, but I will repeat, I am of the opinion that this kid is going to contribute, and contribute a lot more than people think this coming season.

...and I still think this :)

• 1 month later...

In the little I've seen of Gonzaga, I see a lot of similarities between Karnowski and Jordy. They both like that little run across the lane hook shot. They're both left handed. They're both huge. I think there are other similarities. Karnowski is more developed, obviously, but I think as he develops, it could look pretty similar.

Coaches, talent evaluaters: am I on track with that comp?

12 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

In the little I've seen of Gonzaga, I see a lot of similarities between Karnowski and Jordy. They both like that little run across the lane hook shot. They're both left handed. They're both huge. I think there are other similarities. Karnowski is more developed, obviously, but I think as he develops, it could look pretty similar.

Coaches, talent evaluaters: am I on track with that comp?

Well I'm not sure... but I don't think Jordy will be able grow that nice a beard... but...yeah