Adding Players

Bugeaters1

With Romeo leaving and Cayton not coming, that leaves 2 scholarships available for next year and the team would be down 2 guards (maybe 3 if Doyle doesn't select Nebraska).  If only there was a guard that lived close to Lincoln who is graduating that had committed to Coach Williams at South Dakota and who played with Jess at Fremont that might be looking to change her mind ?

With Romeo leaving and Cayton not coming, that leaves 2 scholarships available for next year and the team would be down 2 guards (maybe 3 if Doyle doesn't select Nebraska).  If only there was a guard that lived close to Lincoln who is graduating that had committed to Coach Williams at South Dakota and who played with Jess at Fremont that might be looking to change her mind ?

usd claims all recruits are on board.

Other than the obvious 2016 recruits deciding to go or no go........new ads to the team before fall is maybe the most interesting thing coming up. It looks like we'll need guards depending on what happens

I for one have no clue what so ever... who that might be available. But there have to be some non-committed, or some not sure of their commitment....transfers ?? Heard Williams doesn't look to transfers...but what will she do?

i believe she took some transfers while at usd---abigail fogg, a 6'4" post (from american, i think) and the duffy gal came from csu. those are two that come to mind, recently. just sayin' she has done it. believe duffy battle an injury for awhile, but, did start. got some great games out of fogg!

Other than the obvious 2016 recruits deciding to go or no go........new ads to the team before fall is maybe the most interesting thing coming up. It looks like we'll need guards depending on what happens

I for one have no clue what so ever... who that might be available. But there have to be some non-committed, or some not sure of their commitment....transfers ?? Heard Williams doesn't look to transfers...but what will she do?

There may be a few de-commitments from a few schools to look at but that would seem pretty scarce.

Here's something Jeff Walz told me a long time ago.

"If a high school recruit didn't sign in the November signing period and then played her senior season and still didn't catch on with a school in the April signing period, there's usually a reason why."

latest: rumors of rylie cascio-jensen being released from her usd "nli" appear to be gaining strength---at least around usd.

Just to add to the discussion......  :D

Named the 2016 Gatorade player of the year in Nebraska

2nd-team Class A All-State in 2015.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216287/rylie-cascio-jensen

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/gatorade-nebraska-girls-basketball-poy-rylie-cascio-jensen

So does this mean doyle won't be coming here? Will she be the same? Upgrade?downgrade

No. don't think so.

Just trying to be realistic.....but Romeo may be gone, and it sounds currently like we won't get both Cayton, and  maybe Doyle..so we will probably need at least two guards.

There's still a chance on Doyle.....keep your fingers crossed big time.

Rylie Cascio Jensen will be a nice add on such "short notice" if you will. The LJS article quotes from her sounds like she's a real positive hard worker.

She first played for her dad at Bellevue East and I believe started as a freshman. Then her family moved to Fremont where she played with Jess. I would consider her a smart player, being a coach's kid that hung out at practice while growing up. Athletic girl as well (my daughter played soccer with her for a while) and I believe she also played VB. She's a hard worker and competitive.

One point guard on a team is not near enough.  If you want to play a pressure defense you need at least 10 players that can give some quality minutes. Yori lamented the past two years that she didn't have that depth to play that style which she preferred.  Sam McKewon noted this in past articles.  Not everybody can be a starter but everyone one the team can have a key role.

rylie cascio-jensen may be a smart heady player, but talent wise she is not in the same stratosphere as Katheleen Doyle. But we need a point guard in case Miss Doyle does not come so welcome JCJ.

This also tells me that Doyle is not coming. Too bad.

ICascio Jensen is more of s combo guard. So I don't think this means anything in relation to Doyle. People are seriously under estimating CJ's work ethic.

rylie cascio-jensen may be a smart heady player, but talent wise she is not in the same stratosphere as Katheleen Doyle. But we need a point guard in case Miss Doyle does not come so welcome JCJ.

This also tells me that Doyle is not coming. Too bad.

ICascio Jensen is more of s combo guard. So I don't think this means anything in relation to Doyle. People are seriously under estimating CJ's work ethic.

A bunch of power conference recruiters must have under estimated it as well.