A thank you to HHC on behalf of Nat

Norm Peterson

I'm not trying to play Mr. Insider here.  Don't take this the wrong way.

Someone reached out to me from Natalie's family.  Don't have permission to say who.  But I was asked to pass along a THANK YOU to HHC for the support we've shown to Natalie during this ordeal.

I will hasten to add I don't have any inside information on what Natalie's plans are.  I don't know where she's leaning.  I can't even tell you if she's decided for sure that she's gone.

What I can tell you is that this has been a very tough last couple of months for the young lady whom we all admire and respect.  She doesn't have family close by to help her deal with things and this has been weighing heavily on her.

But she's handled it like a champ.  Like the champ she is.

I know Husker fans, and I know if she does leave, we'll all support and respect her decision.  If she stays, she's going to be a rock star for this fanbase.

In the meantime, just know this hasn't been easy for her.  And especially keep in mind it wasn't a mess she made.  She just brought her lunch pail to work every day and did her job and for that she's earned our eternal admiration and respect.

Nat, we love ya, and you'll always be a Husker in our eyes.

I wish her well wherever she goes, that goes without saying.    But, I can say I would really miss those moments when she could literally shoot the ball from anywhere and make it.   I found myself many times laughing to myself wondering how she is able to make it all seem so effortless, when I know that isn't the case.

And I agree with Norm, if she surprises us all and comes back, she will be a rock star.          I will hold out for hope until we hear she is leaving.    

I've liked Natalie from the get go. I had a sneaky suspicion she would turn out to be one of my favorites her freshman year when both Nebrasketball teams had the meet and greet two years ago at PBA. I sat there and watched Nat Nat drain like 10 three's in a row thinking this kid is going to be a big star before she leaves here. She in my opinion has achieved that status right now!

The following video sealed it for me. If this doesn't make you love what Natalie means to Husker Nation I'm not sure anything will. 

her interview starts right at the two minute mark.

http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=5176108

not sure what I'm doing wrong to not get the video on this to show up.

Like everyone here, no matter what Nat decides, she'll always be one of my (our) favorites because of her Nebraska like characteristics of hard work, a quality team player, and young lady of character....obviously well grounded.

Watching her improve due simply because of putting in the hard work necessary, is what has made her a fan favorite. I appreciate that as much as the "3"s that she made that dazzled the crowd...and the other team.

It's sure been a time of a distressing and difficult process in the last few weeks, but.....We definitely hope to see you to stay Nat !!!! 

I've liked Natalie from the get go. I had a sneaky suspicion she would turn out to be one of my favorites her freshman year when both Nebrasketball teams had the meet and greet two years ago at PBA. I sat there and watched Nat Nat drain like 10 three's in a row thinking this kid is going to be a big star before she leaves here. She in my opinion has achieved that status right now!

The following video sealed it for me. If this doesn't make you love what Natalie means to Husker Nation I'm not sure anything will. 

Yeah, that video seals it.  That's the one I've been talking about.

There's just not much more you can say.  Give me five Natalie Romeos to go into battle with and we beat UConn.

She's definitely in the all-time favorite player discussion in my mind. 

Our little group of fans has already agreed to road trip once a season wherever Nat goes, if she does in fact transfer. I grew up watching women's basketball as a little girl and have seen some of the all time greats growing up but I'm not sure if I can say I've seen someone put in the work and make such amazing strides season to season as I've seen her do. Her work ethic and passion rivals any player I ever admired as a kid or even now. If she stays, amazing, if she transfers her fan base will remain and that's a testament to her as a player and a person.

Our little group of fans has already agreed to road trip once a season wherever Nat goes, if she does in fact transfer. I grew up watching women's basketball as a little girl and have seen some of the all time greats growing up but I'm not sure if I can say I've seen someone put in the work and make such amazing strides season to season as I've seen her do. Her work ethic and passion rivals any player I ever admired as a kid or even now. If she stays, amazing, if she transfers her fan base will remain and that's a testament to her as a player and a person.

If she keeps up the great work, you just might be watching her in the WNBA one day.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

First, thanks for posting Norm (and to the individual reaching out to you :ph34r:).   Natalie is a winner and will be/remain a fan favorite regardless of whether she decides to stay here or go elsewhere.  (I hope whatever she does, it's at Nebraska.)

I'd just like to repeat Silverback's sentiment; do well in your finals, that's a priority for all student- athletes.  :)

Natalie is the heart and soul of Nebraska women's basketball.  If she transfers, which appears likely, she will be missed not only for her talent, but even more for her leadership.  She is a player that never gives up.  We have been blessed to have her at Nebraska.  Thanks to Natalie (and her family) for the past two years.  We would definitely like to see her finish her college playing days here.

Yeah, that video seals it.  That's the one I've been talking about.

There's just not much more you can say.  Give me five Natalie Romeos to go into battle with and we beat UConn.

She's definitely in the all-time favorite player discussion in my mind. 

Sorry Norm but even with 5 Natalie's and UCONN wins by 30.