A Little OT, HS Transfers

I actually heard that Arop was considering transferring to Central to play with Agau and that Ed Chang was being recruited by his friends to follow suit. That could be a pretty talented starting line-up with Aguir, Aguek, Ed Chang and Pooh Bear Chandler. Perhaps the new destination is South though

I've heard Arop is trying to get Ed to transfer and assumed it was to South, but thought it sounded strange that Chubick Sr. would want to get into something like that. Central makes more sense, though, since they've taken a lot of transfers in the past. They also have Roman Behrens, one of the best PGs in the state. 

The fact this is even a discussion gets my ire up.  Take some pride in your school.  Yes I understand why kids do it, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Yup.

Save free agency until high school is over.

The fact this is even a discussion gets my ire up.  Take some pride in your school.  Yes I understand why kids do it, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Yup.

Save free agency until high school is over.

Would be an even better idea to keep that for the "pros." Crazy to even say that now, though: The cat is certainly out of the bag!

May 1st is the deadline to transfer schools without reason and avoid the 90 school days of in eligibility. But there are many ways around it if you transfer afterwards.

After the deadline if a school says, "No you aren't leaving" a change in residence is the only thing that can get you eligible right away.

Yeah, but 90 days... isn't that from start of semester.  So if it started on August 20th, player would be available on November 20th.

If it is having to sit out in first sport... wouldn't all said player have to do is "go out for football" and be all good to go come basketball?

Yeah, but 90 days... isn't that from start of semester. So if it started on August 20th, player would be available on November 20th.

If it is having to sit out in first sport... wouldn't all said player have to do is "go out for football" and be all good to go come basketball?

It's 90 school days not calendar days

• 1 month later...

It's getting kind of crazy, I have a son that plays all 3 major sports and had played at high levels of all of them. This year being his 8th grade year was nuts with High School coaches coming to all games and getting kids to enroll out of district. My son played with 3 kids that are north/northwest and will be going to South??? My boy will be going to Burke to play but we got calls and letters from everyone High School around. Stay in your district and it would be an even playing field and make for some great games. If you can't tell this all bugs me. Lincoln boy that played with same kids from K-12