Happiness is ...

I gotta admit, I was in a bit of Husker funk lately.  The baseball team had been swooning.  Granted, that's lower on my list, but they basically gave the game to Rutgers on Friday night.  But then they come back to take the next two on the road at Piscatawhatever.

Then, we get the news about James Palmer.  Definitely a positive sign after the angst over Andrew White possibly turning pro (somewhere.)  And it sounds like things went really well with Jordy.

The culmination of my happy weekend, though, happend just minutes ago.

Happiness is finding a long forgotten, unopened bottle of Hendricks Gin in the freezer where you left it after picking it up (on sale!!!!) at Whole Foods probably a year ago.

Dayum, that's some good stuff.  Easily my favorite gin.

Bottoms up, Go Big Red, and Happy May Day to everyone!

I wouldn't say I am in a funk, but I am certainly much more skeptical then I have been in recent history.  I am still in that state of mind.  I guess I am more optimistic about the state of the football program.  I always felt that our football staff could teach, but I didn't think they could recruit as well as I am now seeing.  We will see if we can now perform on game day.  The baseball team seems to have a bright future, but we continue to battle inconsistency and that is trouble.  As far as basketball, we always seem to be missing that one piece.  Is that piece going to be a big defender who can protect the paint?  A pure shooter?  A PG who can do it all?  Something always seems to be missing.  I keep thinking, one year...and then I ask myself, was that "1 year" two years ago...goodness, I hope not.  So, the skeptic in me continues to fret, so with that, I will have a glass of fine wine :)

I wouldn't say I am in a funk, but I am certainly much more skeptical then I have been in recent history.  I am still in that state of mind.  I guess I am more optimistic about the state of the football program.  I always felt that our football staff could teach, but I didn't think they could recruit as well as I am now seeing.  We will see if we can now perform on game day.  The baseball team seems to have a bright future, but we continue to battle inconsistency and that is trouble.  As far as basketball, we always seem to be missing that one piece.  Is that piece going to be a big defender who can protect the paint?  A pure shooter?  A PG who can do it all?  Something always seems to be missing.  I keep thinking, one year...and then I ask myself, was that "1 year" two years ago...goodness, I hope not.  So, the skeptic in me continues to fret, so with that, I will have a glass of fine wine :)

You must be 'glass is half-empty' kind of guy! ;)   I'm seeing a lot of positives.  What is happening on the football side is just amazing - #Itsamovement!  All I know is if we get any more top-rated recruits to commit, I'm going to be the one having a 'movement.'  In Men's BB, it's one down & two (maybe three) to go; not to mention the hiring of a new assistant coach yet to be named.  Ladies BB; winning back some of the wavering recruits and player would certainly put the glass Over half-full..

But, regardless of one's 'drink of choice,'  I'm with you and Norm and I'm going to celebrate.  No matter whether the glass is 'half-full' or 'half-empty,' mine is soon going to be 'All-empty.'  :)

You must be 'glass is half-empty' kind of guy! ;)   I'm seeing a lot of positives.  What is happening on the football side is just amazing - #Itsamovement!  All I know is if we get any more top-rated recruits to commit, I'm going to be the one having a 'movement.'  In Men's BB, it's one down & two (maybe three) to go; not to mention the hiring of a new assistant coach yet to be named.  Ladies BB; winning back some of the wavering recruits and player would certainly put the glass Over half-full..

But, regardless of one's 'drink of choice,'  I'm with you and Norm and I'm going to celebrate.  No matter whether the glass is 'half-full' or 'half-empty,' mine is soon going to be 'All-empty.'  :)

Typically not.  I can't put my finger on it.  If we land a big or two, I bet my mood changes quite a bit :)

Typically not.  I can't put my finger on it.  If we land a big or two, I bet my mood changes quite a bit :)

I don't want to speak for you, but I think my reservation is that over the last 3 or so years, we've always seemed to be about "a year away" from changing course in the basketball program. But each year, we've seemed to fall flat. So waiting for these positive results might be the reason for prior optimism with mild hesitation behind it.

I can vouch for CWG, in that he is typically a glass completely full type of guy.  So much so that in the past, I have accused him of being delusional.  I can't explain his current state of mind, but I'm pretty sure the wild-eyed optimist will return..... :)

Don't drink gin often but when I do it's Tanqueray or Bombay.

Happiness this weekend was working a wine stroll in beautiful Warsaw Missouri. Nice views, got to finishing the tasting bottles at the day's end and found a nice burger joint in town.

I think the football team is on the up.

I think the baseball team is in trouble.

Basketball.. Until this last year I felt was in the best position, in starting to put them behind football. IMO keeping White and getting s REALLY good assistant in to replace PB is probably Tim's 2 biggest recruiting jobs he's had since being here.