AW-III IS BACK FOR HIS SENIOR SEASON (SOMEWHERE)

If people want to marginalize the defections based on circumstance, go right ahead.

Losing Beckner wasn't bad luck nor coincidence.
So Tim made a bad hire?
Someone is guzzling the Haterade. Gu-zzle-ing!!!
Not at all.

BTW I have no problem using Barnes as a source, where the expectation of someone he works with is in the 18 points a game realm, or to watch the Minnesota situation...

This is from someone else. I'll wait for you to bring something to the board with a source...

Crazy is, how do I put this, well, he's pretty well sourced.
If he is so well sourced, who is in the next assistant coach short list? Give us something. Come on.

Hate to jump in now but this is a little out of hand. Anyone can come on here and fling poo until something sticks. And just because you're well sourced doesn't mean you get to share everything just because you want to.

... but, but, but... We're still 11 pages away from this becoming a true train wreck.

If people want to marginalize the defections based on circumstance, go right ahead.

So Tim made a bad hire?
Not at all.

BTW I have no problem using Barnes as a source, where the expectation of someone he works with is in the 18 points a game realm, or to watch the Minnesota situation...

This is from someone else. I'll wait for you to bring something to the board with a source...

If he is so well sourced, who is in the next assistant coach short list? Give us something. Come on.

Lanigan, I'm not knocking you.  You trust AB and that's your call.  Not everybody does, and that's their call.  I am sure that AB has info; he's in a position to know things and I'd be shocked if he didn't have some dirt to scoop from time to time.

Having said that, I posted a thread or a post once upon a time where I said there are a few different categories of insiders, at least for me: there are those who I know have inside information; those I strongly suspect have inside information but I don't have direct knowledge of who their source might be; and those who I think just talk out their asses.

This was maybe a year or two ago that I posted this, so good luck finding it, but I put Crazy in that middle category way back then.  There are some that I know for a fact that they know stuff and I think at the time I probably mentioned Haymarket Husker as being in that group.  I don't know for a fact that Crazy has inside info, but he or she has produced information that wasn't available anywhere else and his or her scoops have held true time and time again.

So, if you ask Crazy to produce something to prove he or she has the goods, I'd suggest just go back through Crazy's old posts and you'll find plenty.

...and almost all of them think they're first rounders.

That's obviously not true. It also doesn't indicate which guys have agents and which ones don't.

Clearly hyperbole on my part. But my point is, getting into the NBA is like, really REALLY hard to do. If one has even the slimmest of shots at it, they must take their chance.

How AWIII declaring is an indictment against anything I'll not understand. Sure, we'd like to have kids come back to play for DONU just because they love playing in Lincoln NE for free and our entertainment SO MUCH, but that's unrealistic.

Not everybody is as stupid as Douggie McBuckets...

Here's a link to a 2013 NBA Mock Draft

http://www.nbadraft.net/extended-nba-mock-draft-30

Now here's a link to the NBA rookie salary scale:

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale

Now, obviously we can only take mock drafts at face value, and they're harder to find for info on Doug since he inevitably stayed for his senior year, but let's take a look at the salary scale.

That mock draft has Doug going 19th. The 19th overall pick would make around $4mil over the course of his rookie contract. Not bad. But he was projected to go anywhere from 19th-mid 2nd round.

By staying his senior year, and averaging higher numbers in a conference that is much better than the MVC, he elevated himself to a lottery-range guy, and ended up getting drafted 11th, where he'll end up making around $6mil over the course of his rookie contract.

You might have been trolling, it's all good fun, whatever. Just wanted to clarify that basic mathematics tell me that a $2mil increase in salary doesn't really look like a stupid move.

He played as a walk-on his senior year. Just like parochial schools in high school, Creighton went skirting around the rules.

So Tim made a bad hire?
Not at all.

Lanigan, I'm not knocking you. You trust AB and that's your call. Not everybody does, and that's their call. I am sure that AB has info; he's in a position to know things and I'd be shocked if he didn't have some dirt to scoop from time to time.

Having said that, I posted a thread or a post once upon a time where I said there are a few different categories of insiders, at least for me: there are those who I know have inside information; those I strongly suspect have inside information but I don't have direct knowledge of who their source might be; and those who I think just talk out their asses.

This was maybe a year or two ago that I posted this, so good luck finding it, but I put Crazy in that middle category way back then. There are some that I know for a fact that they know stuff and I think at the time I probably mentioned Haymarket Husker as being in that group. I don't know for a fact that Crazy has inside info, but he or she has produced information that wasn't available anywhere else and his or her scoops have held true time and time again.

So, if you ask Crazy to produce something to prove he or she has the goods, I'd suggest just go back through Crazy's old posts and you'll find plenty.

The information wasn't from AB. I have gotten info from AB before, some I've shared, some I haven't. This came from someone else. He may well have sources, but the source I got this from is very well connected.

Dimes above used deductive reasoning that their is more this than experience.

That's obviously not true. It also doesn't indicate which guys have agents and which ones don't.
Clearly hyperbole on my part. But my point is, getting into the NBA is like, really REALLY hard to do. If one has even the slimmest of shots at it, they must take their chance.

How AWIII declaring is an indictment against anything I'll not understand. Sure, we'd like to have kids come back to play for DONU just because they love playing in Lincoln NE for free and our entertainment SO MUCH, but that's unrealistic.

Now, obviously we can only take mock drafts at face value, and they're harder to find for info on Doug since he inevitably stayed for his senior year, but let's take a look at the salary scale.

That mock draft has Doug going 19th. The 19th overall pick would make around $4mil over the course of his rookie contract. Not bad. But he was projected to go anywhere from 19th-mid 2nd round.

By staying his senior year, and averaging higher numbers in a conference that is much better than the MVC, he elevated himself to a lottery-range guy, and ended up getting drafted 11th, where he'll end up making around $6mil over the course of his rookie contract.

You might have been trolling, it's all good fun, whatever. Just wanted to clarify that basic mathematics tell me that a $2mil increase in salary doesn't really look like a stupid move.

I will concede that in hindsight it all worked out for him.  He was able to hang out with his bros for another year, win the Wooden award, and likely earned his father enough goodwill with the Creighton fanbase that coach chewie will end up making millions of $ more than he possibly would have otherwise.  The risk paid off.

But let's play devil's advocate for a moment here.  What would have happened if he decided to come back and had suffered a season ending knee injury in early December? (remember he had knee surgery first NBA season, so it's not like he was immune to potential knee issues)  He wouldn't be drafted at all, let alone the lottery.  NOW he's relegated to Europe or the D-League and is forced to fight his way into the NBA, where he may or may not have made it.  How many millions of dollars would he have given up then?

All so he can come back for his senior year...as a walk on?  He would be looked at as being more foolish than Colby Donaldson in season 2 of Survivor.

I will concede that in hindsight it all worked out for him.  He was able to hang out with his bros for another year, win the Wooden award, and likely earned his father enough goodwill with the Creighton fanbase that coach chewie will end up making millions of $ more than he possibly would have otherwise.  The risk paid off.

But let's play devil's advocate for a moment here.  What would have happened if he decided to come back and had suffered a season ending knee injury in early December? (remember he had knee surgery first NBA season, so it's not like he was immune to potential knee issues)  He wouldn't be drafted at all, let alone the lottery.  NOW he's relegated to Europe or the D-League and is forced to fight his way into the NBA, where he may or may not have made it.  How many millions of dollars would he have given up then?

All so he can come back for his senior year...as a walk on?  He would be looked at as being more foolish than Colby Donaldson in season 2 of Survivor.

Idk about you but I wouldn't want to predicate my decision to jump to the NBA on fear of career-threatening injury. Especially if Doug wants to make a living by playing basketball everyday, that doesn't seem like a healthy mindset of a multiyear NBA veteran. I understand the whole 'risking millions' thing but I truly doubt if Doug would have even gotten drafted in the first round 2013. His stock was still pretty low until he went to Team USA camp that summer. Before then, most coaches saw a dominant Valley tweener forward who couldn't play defense or operate in the middle area. After that camp, they saw a knockdown shooter with a nice offensive skillset who could be hidden on defense. Sometimes its all about your exposure and narrative.

Also, as you have stated, he didn't just "come back as a walk on". He dominated the Big East, won every individual award he could have, and made more money in the draft to pay his father back 10 times. Sooo...imply as much as you want that the decision wasn't smart, but the decision to stay had calculated risks and rewards, and Doug chose correctly. There is almost no way to argue otherwise

He played as a walk-on his senior year. Just like parochial schools in high school, Creighton went skirting around the rules.

This is unrelated. He was in a unique position due to his father being the coach of the team. I'm not sure how this, of all things, is something to complain about when it comes to the landscape of the NCAA.

I understand where you're coming from, but I would say there's a chance that, given he does get injured his senior year, he still would have been a late 1st/2nd round pick. Not a lot of money there (comparatively speaking), but a pro team would still own the rights to his name. He still would have been on a summer league roster. He was a known, safe commodity after his junior year. The Bulls wanted to draft him since early in his sophomore season. I honestly believe (maybe I'm biased) that it was a reward > risk decison.

I think there was more risk in him coming back and under-performing in the new Big East. If he hadn't been able to compete, I think it would have been a bigger problem than an injury. Kind of like how Petteway would have been better off declaring after his sophomore year (IMO) rather than stay another year and then deal with the 2014-15 team and all of the whole team's chemistry problems. Still think he finds his way on to a roster eventually though.

As for AW3, I think he's a guy (much like Watson Jr.) who could benefit from the rule change. Put your name out there, get feedback, if you don't like what you hear then bust your tail working on whatever shortcomings were in your evaluation.

Let's just say for some people here, having a source would be redundant.

Also, I guess if anything is to be gathered from bringing up McBuckets in this trainwreck of a thread is that a guy can come back for his last year and improve his draft stock.  Even though AW III had a great year I certainly saw room for improvement that I know he can achieve here.

Or I could post more crude anti-creighton graphics.  I'm pretty good at that.

...but the decision to stay had calculated risks and rewards, and Doug chose correctly. There is almost no way to argue otherwise

In hindsight, yes, you're right.  It worked out well for him in the end.  But factors did come in to play that made it a bit of a "perfect storm" of a season if you will.  Factors, that to the impartial observer may or may not seem wholly on the up and up.  But I digress...

I also did preface all of what I wrote above by playing devil's advocate.  What if the hypothetical injury occurred before Team USA camp then?  What if the formula for defending and beating their shitball style had been discovered sometime in early January instead of late February that year?  What if then, God forbid, he dropped from a mid first rounder to an undrafted free agent?

Again, this is all a devil's advocate way of framing the argument for Andrew White testing the draft market this year, and why it may be a good idea for him to do so...instead of insisting he's not good enough to go and just has to come back to play next year, and if he doesn't is automatically an indictment against coach and the program.  Which, to be honest, seems like a pretty selfish (and possibly damaging to the program) thing for Husker fans to do.

Dimes is right, this is honestly not some drive by attempt to bash Doug, he got lucky and won the lottery.  Good for him.  We Husker Hoops fans aren't used to petunias growing out our asses like you guys are.  But goodness gracious, grow a little thicker skin.  Heaven knows you sure can dish out the abuse...one would think you'd be able to take it as well as you give from time to time.

Remember, it's not ALWAYS about you.

Maybe this has been stated ... sorry I didn't read all the posts ... but the fact AWIII will earn his degree in May makes me really nervous about this situation. He might think "well, at worst I can improve overseas and get paid while trying to make the NBA someday." It might come down to if he values a graduate degree. I could understand someone wanting to get paid elsewhere to try and get better rather than stay in college working on a grad degree you might not want even though it's "free." Also depends on his belief in Miles and his staff's ability to help him improve his game.

Also, I guess if anything is to be gathered from bringing up McBuckets in this trainwreck of a thread is that a guy can come back for his last year and improve his draft stock.  Even though AW III had a great year I certainly saw room for improvement that I know he can achieve here.

Or I could post more crude anti-creighton graphics.  I'm pretty good at that.

That's pretty much my point. White would be dumb (as would almost any contributing major conference junior) to not put his name out there to get some feedback, of course this is assuming that he wants to be an NBA player. Seems like a lot of work playing basketball for a living and getting paid millions of dollars to do so. 

No need to post anti-Creighton graphics, I can just post scores from the last five years.

"well, at worst I can improve overseas and get paid while trying to make the NBA someday."

How many guys go overseas and then earn a spot in the NBA?  Does anyone know? I would say not many but that's a guess as I don't really know.

I'd think if he was going pro and didn't get drafted but wants to play in the NBA that earning a spot in the D-League is the way to go.

Also, I guess if anything is to be gathered from bringing up McBuckets in this trainwreck of a thread is that a guy can come back for his last year and improve his draft stock. Even though AW III had a great year I certainly saw room for improvement that I know he can achieve here.

Or I could post more crude anti-creighton graphics. I'm pretty good at that.

That's pretty much my point. White would be dumb (as would almost any contributing major conference junior) to not put his name out there to get some feedback, of course this is assuming that he wants to be an NBA player. Seems like a lot of work playing basketball for a living and getting paid millions of dollars to do so.

No need to post anti-Creighton graphics, I can just post scores from the last five years.

We play ONE time a year, you guys have won the last 5, Congrats. MAYBE one of our teams will actually win something worth mentioning so one can ACTUALLY have something to brag about. Most CU fans I hear brag about the great "tradition" of CU hoops. Where is this said tradition? Beating us? Winning a MVC conference title, conference tournament?

"well, at worst I can improve overseas and get paid while trying to make the NBA someday."

How many guys go overseas and then earn a spot in the NBA?  Does anyone know? I would say not many but that's a guess as I don't really know.

I'd think if he was going pro and didn't get drafted but wants to play in the NBA that earning a spot in the D-League is the way to go.

That's why I said "at worst" he'd have to go overseas ... D-League would be better I agree.

...but the decision to stay had calculated risks and rewards, and Doug chose correctly. There is almost no way to argue otherwise

this is honestly not some drive by attempt to bash Doug, he got lucky and won the lottery.  Good for him. 

Last post in this thread, I'll just leave it at this...

Also, I guess if anything is to be gathered from bringing up McBuckets in this trainwreck of a thread is that a guy can come back for his last year and improve his draft stock. Even though AW III had a great year I certainly saw room for improvement that I know he can achieve here.

Or I could post more crude anti-creighton graphics. I'm pretty good at that.

We play ONE time a year, you guys have won the last 5, Congrats. MAYBE one of our teams will actually win something worth mentioning so one can ACTUALLY have something to brag about. Most CU fans I hear brag about the great "tradition" of CU hoops. Where is this said tradition? Beating us? Winning a MVC conference title, conference tournament?

A "tradition" unlike any other™