AW-III IS BACK FOR HIS SENIOR SEASON (SOMEWHERE)

Yes, I said it.

1. I don't think Andrew is getting drafted, but I think he might make the decision to leave.

2. I have a source who told me their is more smoke to Andrew possibly leaving than what meets the eye.

Andrew would be the cherry on top of all the reasons people bring up with the coaches leaving etc.

So yes, if a guy leaves who in everyone's eyes isn't ready for the NBA I will few that our administration take a closer look at the head coach.

So Andrew White's decision to either play pro ball somewhere or come back here for another year, degree in hand, is primarily a reflection on the coaching staff? That's certainly one view.

In regards to Andrew White insisting on going pro despite what scouts are telling him, why does he need to buy into what they're telling him? You've made an inference that White leaving is an indication of problems with the staff and almost everyone disagrees with you. So you're right in the face of disagreeing opinion but White isn't?

Finally, if he does think he's going to get drafted and doesn't pull out of the draft, he can't come back regardless of whether or not he gets drafted. If he ends up playing in Europe because he overestimated his NBA value he won't be the first nor the last player to do so.

This leads me to ask how accurate and realistic are the evaluations these players get? Would hate to see any player (especially if that player is AW3) be mislead about there chances of being drafted.

I would hope they'd be accurate.  What do you/can you do if a guy is told "you're not going to be drafted" and he doesn't buy into it?

Taking things that aren't comparable, message board fanaticism versus someone's job to evaluate a player.

if fan(atics) want to believe him leaving would just be plain OL bad luck like the what 5 assistant coaches, players leaving etc fine.

I'll stand by my source and him leaning towards leaving, and I quote "He's not fond of the Tim Miles show. Just wants to play hoops and get away from the sideshow."

Taking things that aren't comparable, message board fanaticism versus someone's job to evaluate a player.

if fan(atics) want to believe him leaving would just be plain OL bad luck like the what 5 assistant coaches, players leaving etc fine.

I'll stand by my source and him leaning towards leaving, and I quote "He's not fond of the Tim Miles show. Just wants to play hoops and get away from the sideshow."

Adam Barnes talks to you too much.

Adam Barnes talks too much.

FIFY

Am I? Don't you think his friends and family are telling him to go for it if he thinks he can make it? Do you think you're the only person on this board who talks to anyone?

You forgot to lump in all the other players who have left too. I mean, if you're going to just marginalize everyone here you might as well go for the gusto.

Like it's more distracting here than at Kansas where people really care about basketball? Actually, I can take the statement on face value because I've certainly blown off some smoke before about the boss. Do you think maybe the guy knows he's this close to making the league and the next 28 days is the difference? Do you think he was paying attention when TP didn't leave after his best year?

I think ultimately he gets enough feedback over the next month that he decides to raise his stock here another year.  There's a chance he stays in the draft, regardless of the chances, because that is what he wants to do. You think his motivation is that he can't co-exist with MIles? Ok then. The guy is a graduate...if his big problem is Miles he's certainly able to transfer to almost anywhere with an open scholarship in lieu of the fact he's a defacto starter here.

We'll know more in 28 days or less though

Adam Barnes talks to you too much.

Ding ding ding ding ding!!!!

Care to elaborate more on your source's "Tim Miles show" and "sideshow" comments?

Care to elaborate more on your source's "Tim Miles show" and "sideshow" comments?

I don't think we're allowed to discuss the side show on here.

Can we get this sideshow in a Power Point "slideshow" also? 

...and almost all of them think they're first rounders.

That's obviously not true. It also doesn't indicate which guys have agents and which ones don't. 

Clearly hyperbole on my part.  But my point is, getting into the NBA is like, really REALLY hard to do.  If one has even the slimmest of shots at it, they must take their chance.

How AWIII declaring is an indictment against anything I'll not understand.  Sure, we'd like to have kids come back to play for DONU just because they love playing in Lincoln NE for free and our entertainment SO MUCH, but that's unrealistic.

Not everybody is as stupid as Douggie McBuckets...

That's obviously not true. It also doesn't indicate which guys have agents and which ones don't.

Clearly hyperbole on my part. But my point is, getting into the NBA is like, really REALLY hard to do. If one has even the slimmest of shots at it, they must take their chance.

How AWIII declaring is an indictment against anything I'll not understand. Sure, we'd like to have kids come back to play for DONU just because they love playing in Lincoln NE for free and our entertainment SO MUCH, but that's unrealistic.

Wouldn't call him stupid. His play from senior year is what elevated him into a lottery pick in the the NBA draft.

Man I am completely lost.

Clearly hyperbole on my part. But my point is, getting into the NBA is like, really REALLY hard to do. If one has even the slimmest of shots at it, they must take their chance.

How AWIII declaring is an indictment against anything I'll not understand. Sure, we'd like to have kids come back to play for DONU just because they love playing in Lincoln NE for free and our entertainment SO MUCH, but that's unrealistic.

Wouldn't call him stupid. His play from senior year is what elevated him into a lottery pick in the the NBA draft.

it still cost him millions of $ to play his senior year.  That's not exactly what I'd call brilliant.

Ya the "Freaks" get restless.....and you don't want to get on the Bearded Lady's bad side...

it still cost him millions of $ to play his senior year. That's not exactly what I'd call brilliant.

I'm not gonna do the math but a low to mid second round draft pick makes a decent amount less than a lottery pick. So yes he may have missed a years worth of salary but he also increased the amount of money he will be making over his rookie contract by staying in college another year and becoming a lottery pick.

So a little off topic, but what are th chances TP would have been playing for us this past season if these new draft rules were in place last year.

Not asking if you would have wanted him on the team or not, only if you think he would be.

There was zero% chance of him turning pro last year.  His best season at KU, he averaged like 2 pts per game.  Here, he's over 16.

So a little off topic, but what are th chances TP would have been playing for us this past season if these new draft rules were in place last year.

Not asking if you would have wanted him on the team or not, only if you think he would be.

There was zero% chance of him turning pro last year.  His best season at KU, he averaged like 2 pts per game.  Here, he's over 16.

Norm, have you been hitting the sauce early today?  When "TP" starts to look like "AW-III" I am concerned.....