AW-III IS BACK FOR HIS SENIOR SEASON (SOMEWHERE)

not getting invited to the combine tells me he'll probably be back for his senior year. white could easily play himself into a 2nd round pick if he improves on his numbers from last year.

I think he very much has the potential to shoot 45-50% from 3

Assume you just graduated from college.  You can go out and make six figures or more in the real world.  You can take care of yourself and your family for years.  You are being told you can make it in the professional world.  What do you do?  Granted being an athlete is different.  But the shelf life of an athlete is much shorter than that of a doctor or a lawyer.  So do you come back for one more year of studies and being a part time player; or do you follow your heart and start your career?

I am not convinced he is staying or going.  I have no clue what is in his heart.  But to say he is coming back to work on his game (part time) versus making it a full-time commitment rings a bit hollow to me. 

I believe, if he comes back, he will do so because of a commitment to his family and the Husker team and fan base.  That sounds somewhat silly, but if he wants to simply improve his game, he is better able to do that by committing to the game on a full-time basis.

I believe, if he comes back, he will do so because of a commitment to his family and the Husker team and fan base.  That sounds somewhat silly, but if he wants to simply improve his game, he is better able to do that by committing to the game on a full-time basis.

If his goal is to make a NBA roster/D-League team he doesn't have any better exposure than playing major minutes at the top level of Div 1 NCAA basketball.  I guess if he thinks he has peaked then going pro now regardless of what will probably happen makes sense.  I just don't think the guy has peaked. 

If his goal is to make a NBA roster/D-League team he doesn't have any better exposure than playing major minutes at the top level of Div 1 NCAA basketball.  I guess if he thinks he has peaked then going pro now regardless of what will probably happen makes sense.  I just don't think the guy has peaked. 

Additionally, he's had only a single season of playing major minutes at the collegiate level.  At least Petteway had two years of being a major contributor on a college team.  It seems like a big jump from doing one-season-in-a-row in college to the professional ranks.

Assume you just graduated from college.  You can go out and make six figures or more in the real world.  You can take care of yourself and your family for years.  You are being told you can make it in the professional world.  What do you do?  Granted being an athlete is different.  But the shelf life of an athlete is much shorter than that of a doctor or a lawyer.  So do you come back for one more year of studies and being a part time player; or do you follow your heart and start your career?

I am not convinced he is staying or going.  I have no clue what is in his heart.  But to say he is coming back to work on his game (part time) versus making it a full-time commitment rings a bit hollow to me. 

I agree with you and if he can make 6 figures, then I'd leave as well but if it meant I'd be playing in the D league making $25,000, then I might lean towards coming back.  If he hadn't graduated, then I think it's a no-brainer he turning but with a degree already in hand, sometime you are just ready to move on and not waste your time with taking grad glasses for a year without earing a paycheck.

Andrew White Declares For 2016 NBA Draft, But Will He Leave Nebraska Cornhuskers? - BT Powerhouse

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2016/5/5/11588610/andrew-white-declares-for-2016-nba-draft-but-will-he-leave-nebraska-cornhuskers-basketball-news

usa-today-9031747.0.jpg

Andrew White III, Nebraska's leading scorer in the 2015-2016 season has declared for the NBA Draft but will not hire an agent. Will he leave? If he does, where does this leave Tim Miles and his team?

Assume you just graduated from college. You can go out and make six figures or more in the real world. You can take care of yourself and your family for years. You are being told you can make it in the professional world. What do you do? Granted being an athlete is different. But the shelf life of an athlete is much shorter than that of a doctor or a lawyer. So do you come back for one more year of studies and being a part time player; or do you follow your heart and start your career?

I am not convinced he is staying or going. I have no clue what is in his heart. But to say he is coming back to work on his game (part time) versus making it a full-time commitment rings a bit hollow to me.

I believe, if he comes back, he will do so because of a commitment to his family and the Husker team and fan base. That sounds somewhat silly, but if he wants to simply improve his game, he is better able to do that by committing to the game on a full-time basis.

I agree with you and if he can make 6 figures, then I'd leave as well but if it meant I'd be playing in the D league making $25,000, then I might lean towards coming back. If he hadn't graduated, then I think it's a no-brainer he turning but with a degree already in hand, sometime you are just ready to move on and not waste your time with taking grad glasses for a year without earing a paycheck.

If he knows NBA is unlikely, obviously still his goal but unlikely, and also knows he can go to Europe and make 200-300k next year then he is gone. If he comes back here instead of heading to Europe then he is risking injury and throwing away all of that money to maybe be in the same position next year at this time.

Although there are a few question marks, Nebraska fans should stay optimistic about the upcoming basketball season.   Tim Miles has a great roster, a solid recruiting class, and with the addition of Lewis, he'll have a chance to take his team to the post-season for the first time since 2014. Cornhusker nation, get ready.  Nebrasketball is on its way back.

This paragraph is encouraging.

The rumors going around on more than one board suggest that lanigan123 is on the right track with White. The danger here is not the NBA, but probably more likely the option to get his career started in Europe. I really hope he comes back, but at the very least I don't believe it's safe to assume that it's either going to be the NBA or Nebraska.

The rumors going around on more than one board suggest that lanigan123 is on the right track with White. The danger here is not the NBA, but probably more likely the option to get his career started in Europe. I really hope he comes back, but at the very least I don't believe it's safe to assume that it's either going to be the NBA or Nebraska.

It would be a pretty large blow if White opts to go pro.

Lanigan's source has an axe to grind. Not the most trustworthy.

I know you're on record he's staying, do you still feel that way? Also thoughts on jordy's timeline or other news?

Thanks

Again, my source wasn't Adam Barnes. Adam did say he expects high teens for Gill.

Just a thought I'm throwing out there:

I remember somebody on this board said that someone with in or close to the program said they expect Roby to be a starter from year one (it's somewhere under Roby's thread I believe). Maybe they knew that AW3 was planning on going pro after the year which would leave a starting spot and a huge chunk of minutes up for grabs. This spot could be Roby's if he is as good as many of us think he will be.

I will reiterate that I have no inside knowledge of the situation and is just a thought that I came up with.

So we should expect 8-10 then?

Again, my source wasn't Adam Barnes. Adam did say he expects high teens for Gill.

Maybe they knew that AW3 was planning on going pro after the year

No. It's because Roby is going to be GOOD.

Also, if AW3 was sure he was going to go pro ATM why hasn't he hired an agent? An agent would be pretty helpful in the process of getting potential teams lined up.

Same reason Watson at Creighton didn't. He didn't get a combine invite. AW is really really smart. I think he knows what he is doing his odds are wayyyy against him. When Watson didn't get an invite he went right back to school.

He is a Euro player. Probably pretty successful. Anyone know what his major is or was?

Speaking of Creighton...just mentioning it here as it's probably not worth its own topic.  I see we aren't playing in the Gavitt Tip-Off Games this year.  Wasn't that the Nova game last year?

We are still playing Creighton, but not via Gavitt Games. And, yes, that November 17th game at 'Nova was part of last season's Gavitt Games.