AW-III IS BACK FOR HIS SENIOR SEASON (SOMEWHERE)

Speaking of Creighton...just mentioning it here as it's probably not worth its own topic.  I see we aren't playing in the Gavitt Tip-Off Games this year.  Wasn't that the Nova game last year?

We are still playing Creighton, but not via Gavitt Games. And, yes, that November 17th game at 'Nova was part of last season's Gavitt Games.

yup...I realize we are still playing Creighton.  Probably until the end of time. ;)  I don't think we will ever play them as part of the Gavitt Games...since they are already on the schedule.

Speaking of Creighton...just mentioning it here as it's probably not worth its own topic.  I see we aren't playing in the Gavitt Tip-Off Games this year.  Wasn't that the Nova game last year?

We are still playing Creighton, but not via Gavitt Games. And, yes, that November 17th game at 'Nova was part of last season's Gavitt Games.

yup...I realize we are still playing Creighton.  Probably until the end of time. ;)  I don't think we will ever play them as part of the Gavitt Games...since they are already on the schedule.

You never know, it is not a guarantee to always be played. There have been disruptions before in the series. Wouldn't say it is a lock for all time. ;)

Maybe they knew that AW3 was planning on going pro after the year

No. It's because Roby is going to be GOOD.

Also, if AW3 was sure he was going to go pro ATM why hasn't he hired an agent? An agent would be pretty helpful in the process of getting potential teams lined up.

I definitely think Roby will be good too. Like i said it was just a thought that popped up in my head. It's not necessarily something I believe to be true.

AW III just got his diploma and walked in front of me. I somehow resisted the urge to yell "Come Back Andrew!"

...if he leaves, I'm blaming you! :D

We actually did that with TP!!!  Actually gave him a congratulatory hug and told him we would look forward to his last year.  That didn't work out so well.  More to the story, we actually sat right next to the family of David Rivers.  His Dad was a bit gruff at first, but after a few minutes he warmed up to us and we had a lengthy and great conversation.  Of course he then passed away soon thereafter.  Sad. 

It means this: White is a college graduate, he has a chance to go pro in basketball, and he is going to pursue the professional opportunity.

Good for him!

And, good for NU too!

This is two years in-a-row where Nebraska rescues a player from obscurity at another college and puts him into the professional ranks.

And next year is likely to be three-in-a-row with Gill.

Long term, this success is good for Nebrasketball! It's particularly good for its future recruiting efforts and reputation!

It means this: White is a college graduate, he has a chance to go pro in basketball, and he is going to pursue the professional opportunity.

Good for him!

And, good for NU too!

This is two years in-a-row where Nebraska rescues a player from obscurity at another college and puts him into the professional ranks.

And next year is likely to be three-in-a-row with Gill.

Long term, this success is good for Nebrasketball! It's particularly good for its future recruiting efforts and reputation!

It does not mean much if you don't win with said players. I don't think this means White is gone for sure...but without White, Miles is looking at another year of .500 ball or worse.

White is pursuing what's in his best interest.  And that's getting a job.  Fortunately for him (and for Nebrasketball), that job will be in professional basketball.  It's obvious that White has received the input he needs to move on to the professional ranks.

And Nebrasketball will be just fine when that happens.  Granted, we'd be better next year if White were here.  But we'll be fine without him.  The reason is this: the recruits over the past few seasons have been much better than in the prior decade. 

This past year, for example, we did pretty well without Petteway -- in fact, we were a couple injuries away from having a pretty darn-good season.

Next year will be similar -- except that our depth will be better.

A history of putting players into the professional ranks is a primary factor in recruiting new players.

This is a good long-term thing.  And it's not going to kill us in the short term.

But . . . I realize that anxiety and pessimism and defeatism is the day-to-day essence of a board like this.  So . . . enjoy all that kind of crap, if you can!  

This may very well mean he has decided to turn pro regardless if it's the NBA or Europe. But then I would think he would've hired an agent by this point. I would have to think it's difficult to receive a favorable deal in Europe without an agent.

Or this may mean that he's all in on the attempt to be a NBA draft pick, as he said initially he was going to be. In other words, he's planning on being drafted until the evidence says otherwise. Which is exactly what I would expect him to do. If he doesn't go into this expecting to be drafted and giving it full effort, then there isn't much point.

He's a confident player, so I would imagine that he fully expects to have some great workouts, impress a team (it only takes one), and be a draft pick. And he's going to have that mindset until the evidence tells him otherwise.

He may well have decided to turn pro no matter what. But I read this more as a player who is confident that he's going to have a great workout somewhere and be drafted, so he's not planning to return to school. That's far different than having decided not to return to school.

all i know is the d-league is rough. you get about 15k a season to start and have to pay for your own food and other expenses.

seth curry had to win d-league mvp 2 years in a row just to get a minimum deal with the Kings.

i would not be in a hurry to leave unless a few teams are promising to draft him in the 2nd round.

White is pursuing what's in his best interest. And that's getting a job. Fortunately for him (and for Nebrasketball), that job will be in professional basketball. It's obvious that White has received the input he needs to move on to the professional ranks.

And Nebrasketball will be just fine when that happens. Granted, we'd be better next year if White were here. But we'll be fine without him. The reason is this: the recruits over the past few seasons have been much better than in the prior decade.

This past year, for example, we did pretty well without Petteway -- in fact, we were a couple injuries away from having a pretty darn-good season.

A history of putting players into the professional ranks is a primary factor in recruiting new players.

This is a good long-term thing. And it's not going to kill us in the short term.

But . . . I realize that anxiety and pessimism and defeatism is the day-to-day essence of a board like this. So . . . enjoy all that kind of crap, if you can!

That's some serious Kool Aid. In no way would this be a good thing for Nebrasketball. If White turns pro we go from having a guy who averaged close to 17 points a game last year to having to rely on a true freshman...assuming we don't find anyone better than Roby. Does having three scholarships open in May sound like a good idea for a coach who has yet to fill out the roster during his time here? Mind you...we still don't have that big man. Hopefully that is Jordy but who knows. Without Andrew White next year I don't see how we compete for an at large bid.

White is pursuing what's in his best interest.  And that's getting a job.  Fortunately for him (and for Nebrasketball), that job will be in professional basketball.  It's obvious that White has received the input he needs to move on to the professional ranks.

And Nebrasketball will be just fine when that happens.  Granted, we'd be better next year if White were here.  But we'll be fine without him.  The reason is this: the recruits over the past few seasons have been much better than in the prior decade. 

This is a good long-term thing.  And it's not going to kill us in the short term.

But . . . I realize that anxiety and pessimism and defeatism is the day-to-day essence of a board like this.  So . . . enjoy all that kind of crap, if you can!  

Your last paragraph is way out of line.   Those things aren't remotely the essence of this board.  But if White used a scholarship for 2 years and now leaves to play in Europe, it wouldn't be hard to understand a few posters expressing some disappointment.