AW-III IS BACK FOR HIS SENIOR SEASON (SOMEWHERE)

That was a typo it isn't Barnes. I've openly said before when it was Adam. Adam reads the board. He knows it isn't him.

I'm glad he reads the board so he see me call him an over-hyped-self-created-wannabe-coach. You can get the same quality workouts of his by searching for basketball workouts on YouTube.  

...and almost all of them think they're first rounders.

That's obviously not true. It also doesn't indicate which guys have agents and which ones don't.
Clearly hyperbole on my part. But my point is, getting into the NBA is like, really REALLY hard to do. If one has even the slimmest of shots at it, they must take their chance.

How AWIII declaring is an indictment against anything I'll not understand. Sure, we'd like to have kids come back to play for DONU just because they love playing in Lincoln NE for free and our entertainment SO MUCH, but that's unrealistic.

Not everybody is as stupid as Douggie McBuckets...

Wouldn't call him stupid. His play from senior year is what elevated him into a lottery pick in the the NBA draft.

it still cost him millions of $ to play his senior year. That's not exactly what I'd call brilliant.

There's more to life than money and he's doing OK now. Playing one more year for his dad appears to have been priceless to him.

That's true, you really can't put a price on running set plays designed by your dad to get you the ball every time down the court for another year and crushing brews down at the Jay with your bros Gibbs and Wragge and slaying all that dank NoDo beav...probably again with your bros Gibbs and Wragge...

Can't fault a guy for not wanting to set out on his own too soon I guess.

That was a typo it isn't Barnes. I've openly said before when it was Adam. Adam reads the board. He knows it isn't him.

I'm glad he reads the board so he see me call him an over-hyped-self-created-wannabe-coach. You can get the same quality workouts of his by searching for basketball workouts on YouTube.  

You're too kind.

And just to prove it ...

And just to prove it ...

Wow, that was scintillating, Norm.  It did have a Runza ad on the wall for the viewers, about which I am quite pleased. 

If people want to marginalize the defections based on circumstance, go right ahead.

Losing Beckner wasn't bad luck nor coincidence.
So Tim made a bad hire?
Someone is guzzling the Haterade. Gu-zzle-ing!!!

Not at all.

BTW I have no problem using Barnes as a source, where the expectation of someone he works with is in the 18 points a game realm, or to watch the Minnesota situation...

This is from someone else. I'll wait for you to bring something to the board with a source...

If people want to marginalize the defections based on circumstance, go right ahead.

So Tim made a bad hire?
Not at all.

BTW I have no problem using Barnes as a source, where the expectation of someone he works with is in the 18 points a game realm, or to watch the Minnesota situation...

This is from someone else. I'll wait for you to bring something to the board with a source...

Hahaha!! Ok.

Speaking of things that don't really matter, I heard that Tubby rents. Is that true???

Tubby has a condo in the Railyard.

Yeah, I think pry he and Walt P like to go down to Longwell's on the reg to crush brews and slay dank bea....

...ah, forget it.   :P

Speaking of things that don't really matter, I heard that Tubby rents. Is that true???

Yeah, I think pry he and Walt P like to go down to Longwell's on the reg to crush brews and slay dank bea....

Ceptin' it's not dank in Lincoln, '9er!

Thank you for not finishing this sentence. I'm out of brain bleach at the moment.

So to sum up this thread, there's some guy who said something, but we don't like him, and we don't like Creighton, but AWIII is good, and it's 6 months till practice starts, and nobody really knows nothing? OK then.

Allow me to sift through the BS, some of which is my own creation

I'd say the biggest takeaway is that AWIII didn't apply for the draft just for the experience.

If he's a sure thing to be drafted he's probably gone; he might decide to go for it anyway.

I can't find a current mock draft (1,2) that would indicate he's close to a lock and it's probable he would go undrafted. 

He could raise his draft stock at the Combine, assuming he is invited. There were 62 guys invited last year.

So to sum up this thread, there's some guy who said something, but we don't like him, and we don't like Creighton, but AWIII is good, and it's 6 months till practice starts, and nobody really knows nothing? OK then.

Allow me to sift through the BS, some of which is my own creation

I'd say the biggest takeaway is that AWIII didn't apply for the draft just for the experience.

If he's a sure thing to be drafted he's probably gone; he might decide to go for it anyway.

I can't find a current mock draft (1,2) that would indicate he's close to a lock and it's probable he would go undrafted. 

He could raise his draft stock at the Combine, assuming he is invited. There were 62 guys invited last year.

Based on what I've seen, I think it's unlikely he gets invited.  He might get some individual workouts.  Perhaps he wants to try out summer league to prove himself, whether drafted or not.

He'd clearly be better off returning to college for another season.  But he wouldn't be on anyone's radar at all if he'd stayed at KU.  Not with the players he'd have been playing behind.  His opportunity to play professionally exists because of being here and being the principle shooting weapon on our offense.

I sure hope he keeps that in mind when making decisions about his future.  We gave him a big opportunity and still represent a big opportunity.  I'm hoping he doesn't give us the shaft.

So Tim made a bad hire?

Not at all.

Crazy is, how do I put this, well, he's pretty well sourced.

...and almost all of them think they're first rounders.

That's obviously not true. It also doesn't indicate which guys have agents and which ones don't.

Clearly hyperbole on my part. But my point is, getting into the NBA is like, really REALLY hard to do. If one has even the slimmest of shots at it, they must take their chance.

How AWIII declaring is an indictment against anything I'll not understand. Sure, we'd like to have kids come back to play for DONU just because they love playing in Lincoln NE for free and our entertainment SO MUCH, but that's unrealistic.

Not everybody is as stupid as Douggie McBuckets...

Here's a link to a 2013 NBA Mock Draft

http://www.nbadraft.net/extended-nba-mock-draft-30

Now here's a link to the NBA rookie salary scale:

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale

Now, obviously we can only take mock drafts at face value, and they're harder to find for info on Doug since he inevitably stayed for his senior year, but let's take a look at the salary scale.

That mock draft has Doug going 19th. The 19th overall pick would make around $4mil over the course of his rookie contract. Not bad. But he was projected to go anywhere from 19th-mid 2nd round.

By staying his senior year, and averaging higher numbers in a conference that is much better than the MVC, he elevated himself to a lottery-range guy, and ended up getting drafted 11th, where he'll end up making around $6mil over the course of his rookie contract.

You might have been trolling, it's all good fun, whatever. Just wanted to clarify that basic mathematics tell me that a $2mil increase in salary doesn't really look like a stupid move.

So Tim made a bad hire?
Not at all.

If he is so well sourced, who is in the next assistant coach short list? Give us something. Come on.

So Tim made a bad hire?
Not at all.

If he is so well sourced, who is in the next assistant coach short list? Give us something. Come on.

Hate to jump in now but this is a little out of hand. Anyone can come on here and fling poo until something sticks. And just because you're well sourced doesn't mean you get to share everything just because you want to.