Will ever stop?

Bugeaters1

When lawsuits are involved the details come out unless they are settled out of court. In Nebraska's case the lawsuit filed by Jan Bethea (past director of WBB operations) we may find out as that law suit moves forward. It will be interesting if it gets settled out of court as that would mean that the University/Yori had some culpability.

Not necessarily true that any settlement would mean culpability or fault on NU or CY. If it is a large amount that certainly would be true.

\However, sometimes it is easier to settle for small change than drag out for an extra year or more of legal wrangling (and cheaper).

It could perhaps also depend on how much the parties want to stand on principle.

The answer is simply no, to many helicopter parents, to many travel teams that give kids and said parents this illusion that they (or their kid) is really better than they are.  There has to be another reason someone is not getting playing time over others outside of them just not being good enough.  Don't even get me started on not telling a kid no or god forbid correcting them.

Part of me wishes there was only 1 signing period and that it was the first of May for all sports.  Not sure I'm such a big believer in early signing.  By May 1 a lot of the coaching changes have taken place in the major sports (basketball, football, volleyball).  I guess that means you are at a disadvantage for the spring sports, but that is the case anyway even with the early signing periods.  Would maybe make it harder on the coaches and recruiting because they wouldn't have those usual early signers locked up, but it may benefit the kids and the parents to wait and see what also comes through for financial aid and academic scholarships before they sign.

Ambulance chasing attorneys have anything to do with the epidemic of suits against schools/coaches ???

Sue and get a few bucks even if there's nothing to the suit to start with.  Schools will settle (out of court) for a few thousand rather than go to court, and spend another who knows how many $100,000's in atty fees. (that's why most suits like this never go to court.)