Jeriah Horne compared to Kris Jenkins

(Former KU player and Barstow Coach Billy) Thomas said he had never really thought of a player Horne reminds him of until watching Villanova’s win over North Carolina in the NCAA title game. The man who hit the game-winning 3-pointer — Kris Jenkins — is a 6-6, 240-pound, barrel-chested forward with a sweet shot.

“That’s what Jeriah is like,” his coach said. “Tough kid, strong kid who can surprise people with his soft shooting touch. He can shoot it from anywhere on the floor, and do it off the dribble or catch and shoot.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/plenty-to-like-about-husker-hoops-signee-jeriah-horne-strength/article_1ab15b68-1479-5e01-9cee-739ae7214b7b.html

Originally I thought he compared to Shavon. We heard the same things about him coming out of high school about undersized post who scores a lot with strength inside and a good mid range shot. I still think their are some similarities but he does not seem as explosive as Shavon but looks like a better long distance jump shot.

Some good strength training would do him wonders. With his touch and ability to finish if he gets more explosive I think he can be a good one.

Originally I thought he compared to Shavon. We heard the same things about him coming out of high school about undersized post who scores a lot with strength inside and a good mid range shot. I still think their are some similarities but he does not seem as explosive as Shavon but looks like a better long distance jump shot.

Some good strength training would do him wonders. With his touch and ability to finish if he gets more explosive I think he can be a good one.

Has some similarities to Draymond Green.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Jenkins, Green...?? We seem to be setting ourselves up for another freshman Tai situation here. Sidelight: Even with my legendary photographic memory, I had forgotten Billy Thomas. One would think a guy who once made 8 three pointers in one game for KU might stick in the memory longer. Probably because he didn't have a memorable enough nickname or a real name like Jeff Boshee. I think I'll start  a belated one. How about Billy "the Ice Dagger" Thomas? OK, now I have to go back to trying to remember if I have eaten breakfast yet.

But yes I do see the comparison between the two. Both unimpressive athletes as far as getting up and being explosive (it's ok, settle down, not everyone has to be Russell Westbrook and DeAndre Jordan), but both have the ability to score from multiple positions. Horne looks to be the better athlete of the two, Jenkins a better shooter. If they're both swing men and tweeners, Jenkins is closer to a 3, and Horne is closer to a 4 (little more athletic, longer, and better with back to basket).

Jenkins, Green...?? We seem to be setting ourselves up for another freshman Tai situation here. Sidelight: Even with my legendary photographic memory, I had forgotten Billy Thomas. One would think a guy who once made 8 three pointers in one game for KU might stick in the memory longer. Probably because he didn't have a memorable enough nickname or a real name like Jeff Boshee. I think I'll start  a belated one. How about Billy "the Ice Dagger" Thomas? OK, now I have to go back to trying to remember if I have eaten breakfast yet.

Billy Thomas is 2nd all-time in three's at KU. No one remembers 2nd place. Maybe call him Billy "Twinkle Toes" Thomas. ;)

Jenkins, Green...?? We seem to be setting ourselves up for another freshman Tai situation here. Sidelight: Even with my legendary photographic memory, I had forgotten Billy Thomas. One would think a guy who once made 8 three pointers in one game for KU might stick in the memory longer. Probably because he didn't have a memorable enough nickname or a real name like Jeff Boshee. I think I'll start a belated one. How about Billy "the Ice Dagger" Thomas? OK, now I have to go back to trying to remember if I have eaten breakfast yet.

Yeah agreed, Draymond is still and NBA-level athlete. Same "type" of player though, which is why it's a fair comparison. I don't think JH is a "bad" athlete by any means, so hopefully no one is getting that idea - just from the clips I've seen he doesn't seem like a high flyer though. Which again, nothing wrong with that.

Kid reminds me entirely of a miniature Jared Sullinger.  I think the way Sullinger looks in the NBA will be how Horne looks in college.  Horne has phenomenal footwork and offensive ability.  He'll always be big boned, but if we can chisel up his body to the point where he's a threat to dunk, he might be the most talented of any of our most recent recruits.  

I think Horne will end up being a solid 10pt, 6 reb sort of player at the college level, which would be fantastic.