What's the best basketball coaching job in the Big Ten? SBN ranked all 14

From a proximity to talent from a recruiting standpoint, we are 14th. 

So, at 11th, then, Nebraska is overachieving?!  I think Rutgers is the obvious choice for last. They have a tiny rinky-dink gym. And fans don't generally care about 'em, either.

I believe Nebraska is on par with Iowa and Minnesota. Seems about right... Iowa and Minny do have better access to better players in the surrounding area, though.

Best job or Easiest job.

Indiana is a good job only because it is easier than Nebraska or Rutgers.

I guess as a coach I would rather have a bottom 5 job in the big ten than a top 5 job in the big ten.

If I believe in myself(assuming I'm a head basketball coach of this ilk), I think I Could win at Nebraska, Iowa, or Rutgers and when I do they will build statues honoring me.

If i go to Indiana...big deal if you win...now win more.

What did it mean by "and with a bad hire"?  Implying that Miles isn't going to make it?

Or are they referring to assistant coach hire? i would assume this isn't the case but i was confused by that.

I don't think the writer is looking at the current coach, necessarily. Seems more like a "big picture" view of the job.

What did it mean by "and with a bad hire"?  Implying that Miles isn't going to make it?

Or are they referring to assistant coach hire? i would assume this isn't the case but i was confused by that.

I don't think the writer is looking at the current coach, necessarily. Seems more like a "big picture" view of the job.

Yup, the premise of the entire article is "if all jobs had to be filled"