Asst. Coaches

Bugeaters1

I have heard similar.  It would not surprise me if she brought all 3.  it would surprise me if she didn't at least bring Love and Mays.  She may be looking for a DBO, since her current one is in a masters program until December I believe. 

I have heard similar.  It would not surprise me if she brought all 3.  it would surprise me if she didn't at least bring Love and Mays.  She may be looking for a DBO, since her current one is in a masters program until December I believe. 

Are all of the positions from trainer to weight training positions that the head coach fills or are they UNL positions?

I have heard similar. It would not surprise me if she brought all 3. it would surprise me if she didn't at least bring Love and Mays. She may be looking for a DBO, since her current one is in a masters program until December I believe.

Are all of the positions from trainer to weight training positions that the head coach fills or are they UNL positions?
From what I have been told those two positions are safe, essentially UNL positions.. Not sure of the protocol for if a coach can request a change at those positions or not.

I have heard similar. It would not surprise me if she brought all 3. it would surprise me if she didn't at least bring Love and Mays. She may be looking for a DBO, since her current one is in a masters program until December I believe.

From what I have been told those two positions are safe, essentially UNL positions.. Not sure of the protocol for if a coach can request a change at those positions or not.

Interesting you chose the word "safe."

Uhhhh, how else am I suppose to explain it?

I don't know of course, but would have to think Coach Amy would/could have some say in the trainer/weight trainer if she wanted some change. Doubt the AD/admin would not listen to the head coach....just as in any other sport. Football completely reorganized their weight training staff and system under Riley

I don't know of course, but would have to think Coach Amy would/could have some say in the trainer/weight trainer if she wanted some change. Doubt the AD/admin would not listen to the head coach....just as in any other sport. Football completely reorganized their weight training staff and system under Riley

im pretty sure that the head strength coach Dobson was part of the football "staff". Meaning that football was his only sport and got paid accordingly ($150k +) and thus was on yearly contracts such as coaches generally all are on. I think the rest of the football weight staff left for other opportunities voluntarily. The only holdover would be Willy Jones in that football staff.

I believe that almost all other strength staff are on general contracts that most everyone else in athletic department have.

That also goes the same for all athletic trainers. When Riley was hired the training staff stayed the same.

This is definitely a situation that maybe a coach can request someone new, but from what I have been told the trainer and weight coach will remain the same unless something unique happens.

im pretty sure that the head strength coach Dobson was part of the football "staff". Meaning that football was his only sport and got paid accordingly ($150k +) and thus was on yearly contracts such as coaches generally all are on. I think the rest of the football weight staff left for other opportunities voluntarily. The only holdover would be Willy Jones in that football staff.

I believe that almost all other strength staff are on general contracts that most everyone else in athletic department have.

That also goes the same for all athletic trainers. When Riley was hired the training staff stayed the same.

This is definitely a situation that maybe a coach can request someone new, but from what I have been told the trainer and weight coach will remain the same unless something unique happens.

One could argue something very unique has already happened.

Remember when Rusty Ruffcorn was strength and conditioning coach for the men?

That's proof that these positions are not set in stone and if a coach insists on a change ...

Yes, but if I remember correctly it was because Doc Sadler wanted his own guy who didn't have other sports to deal with and schedule around. Also I think that there was some philosophical differences at play there too.

I'm not saying that there will definitely not be some support staff turnover, but pre-coach hiring I was told that trainer and weight coach's job were safe. Time will tell.

It was pretty clear this was happening, but it is interesting that rather than an announce or press release, the bios of the assistants just show up on huskers.com.  Oh well, carry on, go forward.

Looking at the bio's on Husker site...it's all a done deal. Pretty much brought the whole staff with her.  We'll see if it has any affect on current players staying, and committed recruits...we'll see soon.

This is a big jump up for these new assistants recruiting wise, having always recruited for a mid major school where you hope to get a few from the "best of the rest" pack. They're out recruiting now for a power 5 school not a mid major. Would like to hear real soon how some top named recruits are gaining interest in NU because of these three newbies who by the way left this morning for their first stab at it wearing the big red N on their chest.

These new assistants basically have everything they need, facilities, academic support, fans, budget etc. to help them get in on some top rated recruits. Hope they're up to the task.

This is a big jump up for these new assistants recruiting wise, having always recruited for a mid major school where you hope to get a few from the "best of the rest" pack. They're out recruiting now for a power 5 school not a mid major. Would like to hear real soon how some top named recruits are gaining interest in NU because of these three newbies who by the way left this morning for their first stab at it wearing the big red N on their chest.

These new assistants basically have everything they need, facilities, academic support, fans, budget etc. to help them get in on some top rated recruits. Hope they're up to the task.

Any word on Doyle, Romeo,or our 2nd recruit (sorry name escapes me)?

Any word on Doyle, Romeo,or our 2nd recruit (sorry name escapes me)?

Not yet. I think Cayton re-committing is a long shot.

Really hoping Coach Amy is doing all she can to get Natalie back on board. That might take some time. I can't emphasize enough that the Huskers really need that kid to stay.

Right now I'd give Doyle a little better than 50% chance of coming here. She was really close with Amy Stephens. I'd be shocked if those two haven't been in contact with each other. I would think Coach Amy would put in a good word for Coach Amy. Or I would hope anyway.

It's pretty quiet out there with these girls pondering their future.