Brooke Kissinger

Bugeaters1

I have a feeling Taylor will fit in with Williams' system a bit better than with Yori's system.  In fact, I'm hoping to see everyone get playing time this season so that I'm not constantly wondering why certain people never get to play much.  Looking forward to this season and the years beyond!

Fans wondering why certain players aren't playing will always be with us. It's part of the fan experience.  Often it is because they don't pay much attention to defense (not saying that applies to you, Chode).   They also don't attend practice.  

Nor should they play (if they can't defend, or bother to practice).  ;)

Of course, I was referring to the fans, not the players.   ;)

The comment could apply equally to players, though.  Have a feeling that players who don't attend practice probably don't get to play very much, either.  And when was the last time you saw a fan get to play?  I mean, a fan who didn't pay attention to defense?  Likely never.

Nor should they play (if they can't defend, or bother to practice).  ;)

Of course, I was referring to the fans, not the players.   ;)

The comment could apply equally to players, though.  Have a feeling that players who don't attend practice probably don't get to play very much, either.  And when was the last time you saw a fan get to play?  I mean, a fan who didn't pay attention to defense?  Likely never.

OK, you're killing me....but at least I didn't mess up a semicolon......

Just a gut feeling but I think we will see some of our players playing more then one position.  That can present opportunities on match ups with our opponents.  Last season we had basically one three point shooter due to the injuries of our senior guards.  It looks like we will have several more  good three point shooters going forward.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, leichleiter2 said:

Does anyone know if Taylor Kissinger is back on the floor? Would like to see her play. We are only about an hour from Minden. Thank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet but soon according to a guy from Minden I spoke with last night before the game. He said just after Thanksgiving they thought she'd be able to play before Christmas but the doctors have still not cleared her for action. Minden is hoping to have her back in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Husker recruit Taylor Kissinger made her way back on the court last night in the first round of Southwest Conference tourney for the first time since she fractured her wrist in late November. She picked up right where she left off scoring 19 points in the Whippets 68-10 win over Valentine. The tournament continues Friday & Saturday at the new Kearney high school. The rest of the teams in this conference are not good so Minden should win this fairly easily. They play a 5-10 Gothenberg team in the semi-finals Friday.

Edited by Row6Seat10

Don't like to see to much expectation on any freshman because of the large learning curve from high school but I have to disagree on small school competition. There's been a number of very good ball players that have had successful Division 1 careers such as Chatrice White, Jina Johansson, Nicole Kubik who also was a WNBA 1st pick, Mikaela Shaw who we played earlier this year. Can't always discount the smaller schools.

1 minute ago, leichleiter2 said:

Don't like to see to much expectation on any freshman because of the large learning curve from high school but I have to disagree on small school competition. There's been a number of very good ball players that have had successful Division 1 careers such as Chatrice White, Jina Johansson, Nicole Kubik who also was a WNBA 1st pick, Mikaela Shaw who we played earlier this year. Can't always discount the smaller schools.

Jina Johansson is now the head coach at Hastings college.

50 minutes ago, leichleiter2 said:

Add a girl from a small town in western Nebraska....Jordon Hooper. Or that girl from Alaska..what was her name ? ;)

Edited by redsteve