Bakari Evelyn Transferring

I'll confirm. BK was slowed up to start the year and never made it into the rotation; his lost senior year didn't help either. With Tai, Glynn, and Gill primed to use up almost all of the guard minutes, he was looking at another year of potentially only playing in a pinch or when games were decided.

I'm sure it was frustrating for him to not play but at least outwardly seemed very professional about it and a good teammate. Wish nothing but the best for him wherever he decides to play next.

Here's the statement from Nebraska:

University of Nebraska Men’s Basketball Coach Tim Miles announced that Phil Beckner has resigned from the Husker coaching staff. The following is a statement from Coach Miles on the announcement.

Statement from Nebraska Men’s Basketball Coach Tim Miles
“In talking with Phil, he felt that when this opportunity presented itself, he felt it was a great time and great fit for him to make that move. I support him because I want our guys to be happy, I want them to be fulfilled.  I think he felt moving west and being with coaches he knows well would be a good move for him. I wish him nothing but the best of luck.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miles also announced Tuesday that freshman guard Bakari Evelyn has decided to transfer from the Husker program following the conclusion of the spring semester next month.

Evelyn, a 6-foot-2 guard from Detroit, played in 18 games this season, totaling 24 points, nine rebounds and four assists in 88 minutes of action. He had a season-high seven points against Mississippi Valley State and had six points in a win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

“I support Bakari and his decision to transfer,” Miles said. “I appreciate his hard work for the Huskers throughout the season, and he will be granted a full release. We wish Bakari the best in his future endeavors.”

Transfers happen, especially in college basketball but this rotating door of coaches and players needs to be slowed down a little.

Of the guys who have left this spring, were there any you wished would stay instead?

I hate to say it like that, but I have to in response to what others are implying about the people leaving.

I mean, let's be blunt here:  These are moves more to our advantage than disadvantage.

If this was Indiana Basketball, they'd call it Spring Creaning.

Soooooooooooo I'm assuming Webster is our backup PG now?  And Roby will be seeing plenty of time at 2G?

That's assuming that Webster doesn't beat out Glynn Watson for the point, but that makes a lot of sense. 

Yeah..that or us landing a 5th year transfer at guard.  Hopefully Roby comes ready to play.  We are going to need him

Transfers happen, especially in college basketball but this rotating door of coaches and players needs to be slowed down a little.

In college basketball or here specifically? If this is all the attrition that occurs none of it was really unexpected and probably helps us out for next year in terms of filling in our roster for the future.  This offseason has been like a group hug so far.