Amy Williams is the new WBB head coach

Bugeaters1

It appears that Nebraska will be in good hands with Coach Amy Williams. She left a great 1st impression today.

Make it a great day. It's always a great day to be a Husker!

She did a much better job than the reporters. Not one question relating to basketball. For example, it would be nice to know her offensives and defensive philosophies.
Coatney asked her about that. She said uptempo offense and a pressure man defense.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

well, if there is someone who has the ability to smooth that out, it would be amy williams. 

i kinda cringed a bit when i read nat's comments. maybe a bit too honest. we got a good feel for nat and her passion for basketball during that one interview where she got emotional----as far as her recent comments, probably got caught up in the moment a little bit and let her emotions get the best of her. maybe a good lesson for her. i think we all would love for nat to stay----she definitely became a fan favorite.

If Romeo "threw teammates under the bus" by suggesting it was immaturity on the players part rather than Yori being an overzealous task master, then Shepard reciprocated the under-the-bus throwing.  The difference is Romeo didn't single anyone out.

And Romeo provided an example in that she said practices were much easier this year than last year.  I don't have a problem with what Romeo said at all.  But I am a bit surprised that Jess would make that comment to the media.

If Romeo "threw teammates under the bus" by suggesting it was immaturity on the players part rather than Yori being an overzealous task master, then Shepard reciprocated the under-the-bus throwing.  The difference is Romeo didn't single anyone out.

And Romeo provided an example in that she said practices were much easier this year than last year.  I don't have a problem with what Romeo said at all.  But I am a bit surprised that Jess would make that comment to the media.

Yeah.

I'm hoping all players and recruits will at least listen to Coach Amy Williams before transferring. After she has spoken to them and they still want to transfer then they should go. But they should at least hear her out!!

Amy W. pointed out the players that were present at the presser, so she might have talked to them some before hand. No doubt she'll  do everything she can to get everyone on board ASAP.

Agree on all counts.....and....all the players are still in shock to some extent...this was all a shock to everyone.

So, with that in mind I'm not to surprised some comments come out here and there. After all the players have invested a lot into the program, and are understandably upset. Maybe say a bit too much because of their age. not so politically correct or the best in the worldly ways of what and what not to say to press and public.

At this point it's Amy's job to work it all out...and the chips will fall...how ever they fall. Have a lot of confidence Amy will work it out as best she can. Getting the roster and recruits on board is the first big test for her

Not everybody loved Jordan or other leaders.  

Nat may have thrown them under the bus, but maybe they where to close to the bus to not get sucked under?

Well put Silver,I was thinking the same thing.

If you aren't hustling and obeying the coaches instructions,you are the one with a problem-not the person that points it out.

How many years (and how much proven success) before Connie Yori was being paid north of $500,000/year?

5 years, $2.8 million.  She'll be getting paid more in the next 2 weeks than she did all of last year.

She damn well better win.  No rebuilding bullshit.

So, a team with enough problems to get their very successful and experienced coach let go will need no rebuilding at all?

How many years (and how much proven success) before Connie Yori was being paid north of $500,000/year?

5 years, $2.8 million.  She'll be getting paid more in the next 2 weeks than she did all of last year.

So, a team with enough problems to get their very successful and experienced coach let go will need no rebuilding at all?

Depends who we keep, and if a freshman can step in and be a serviceable point guard.  

5 years, $2.8 million. She'll be getting paid more in the next 2 weeks than she did all of last year.

She damn well better win. No rebuilding bullshit.

LOL

So BirdsOnTheBat took umbrage to my LOL response to this post.  So, let me explain further why I think this was an intellectually lazy and asinine response to what I said above.

B1GN assumes Yori was let go rather than accepting the story that she resigned for family reasons.  OK, let's go along with that.

What's been published in the media was that 10 players and staff came forward with complaints that Yori was a bully and pushed kids too hard.  Romeo says it's not true, that players were immature; Shepard says Romeo threw her teammates under the bus for saying that.  Nowhere in that discussion does anyone say that Connie Yori failed to recruit players with which she could win at this level.

If you're making a coaching change because of bullying -- which is ostensibly the case -- then the coaching change better be the fix for the problem.  They're not bringing in this new coach and paying her over half a million right off the bat for her to come in and fail to win.

She is NOT inheriting a rebuilding job.  This is NOT Tim Miles inheriting an empty cupboard when he took over.

The "problems" had nothing to do with the talent level on the team and everything to do with the manner with which that talent was motivated (or not motivated.)  So, no, those problems do NOT constitute a "rebuilding" project and to suggest otherwise is absurd.

I repeat:  You do NOT bring in a half-million-dollar-a-year coach in this game to inherit the program she's inherting without expecting immediate results.  I'm sorry if a couple of you can't deal with that.

BirdsOnTheBat, I await your intelligent, considered response, but I'll probably get down arrows instead.