Amy Williams is the new WBB head coach

Bugeaters1

Just did some checking on what kind of program So Dak had before she took over.  Actually, they weren't bad.  I'm guessing the coach before Williams was lured away for a higher-paying gig as well.  Their worst record in the 4 years pre-Williams was 15-17.  The year before that they were 18-11 and ended with a loss to North Carolina in some post-season tournament.  The two years immediately prior to Williams, they went 23-8 and 20-12, picking up post-season wins both years.

yes, amy williams replaced ryun williams at usd. he headed out to csu and has turned their program around. if amy williams didn't get the job, i would have hoped he would have got a good look from nebraska.

So, So Dak 4 years before Williams:

18-11

15-17 (lost to Nebraska by 39)

20-12

23-8  (won @ Creighton in game 2 of the season)

So Dak 4 years with Willams:

19-16 (lost to Creighton)

19-14 (lost @ Creighton and @ Nebraska)

26-8  (beat Creighton in post-season tourney)

32-6 (beat Creighton in WNIT, then Minnesota, then UNI, then WKU, then Oregon, then FGCU for WNIT crown)

Just did some checking on what kind of program So Dak had before she took over.  Actually, they weren't bad.  I'm guessing the coach before Williams was lured away for a higher-paying gig as well.  Their worst record in the 4 years pre-Williams was 15-17.  The year before that they were 18-11 and ended with a loss to North Carolina in some post-season tournament.  The two years immediately prior to Williams, they went 23-8 and 20-12, picking up post-season wins both years.

yes, amy williams replaced ryun williams at usd. he headed out to csu and has turned their program around. if amy williams didn't get the job, i would have hoped he would have got a good look from nebraska.

All Williams has done at CSU is go from 11-19 his first year to 25-8, 23-8, and 31-2.   Yeah, I'd be surprised if he is at CSU much longer.

I hope she can get Cayton to stay with Nebraska. I was looking forward to watching her!!!

Should be interesting with Cayton. You'd think administration would informed her a new coach was being announced today & asked her to speak to her first before releasing her from her LOI.

Has she been officially released?

This appears to be a good selection.  It is extremely important that ALL Husker fans get behind Coach Williams and that everything points forward.  This has been a difficult time period for the program to endure.  That being said, it is time to look ahead and try to keep players that want to be "Huskers" in the program.

I hope she can get Cayton to stay with Nebraska. I was looking forward to watching her!!!

Should be interesting with Cayton. You'd think administration would informed her a new coach was being announced today & asked her to speak to her first before releasing her from her LOI.

Yes, she has been granted her release per ESPN...  http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15180987/micole-cayton-granted-release-nebraska-cornhuskers-letter-intent

welcome2.gif Back, Coach Williams! mfclap.gif

Like HB, I'll be very interested in seeing what her staff winds up looking like and her success in retaining players & recruits.

Amy has built a women’s basketball program from scratch into a national contender, led teams to conference championships, a NCAA Tournament appearance and won the 2016 WNIT championship. She has a proven vision, plan and knows how to recruit regionally, nationally and internationally which will translate very well to Nebraska."

Williams will need to quickly need to go to work recruiting both the current Nebraska players and signees. One of the team’s best players, Natalie Romeo, is considering a transfer and has already been contacted by other programs.

Late Sunday, Mi’Cole Cayton, who had signed to be part of the Huskers’ 2016 class, announced she will now be looking at new schools.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/nebraska-hires-williams-as-women-s-basketball-coach/article_f64af694-0014-11e6-bcd0-43dcf8350320.html

Will be interesting to see if Brown gets a look to stay on staff.  I like the diversity of her current staff, which isn't easy to do  in Vermillion. I watched a little film of the NIT final.  I would think the 3s getting bombed would be inticing to Romeo.  I'll have a better feel for it in a couple of weeks when I see the staff, and the early returns on keeping current players and signed recruits.

I'd have to think she'd bring in her own people, including (and maybe especially) the video person and the athletic trainer.

I believe she has been

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It appears that Nebraska will be in good hands with Coach Amy Williams. She left a great 1st impression today.

Make it a great day. It's always a great day to be a Husker!

She did a much better job than the reporters.  Not one question relating to basketball.  For example, it would be nice to know her offensives and defensive philosophies.  

It appears that Nebraska will be in good hands with Coach Amy Williams. She left a great 1st impression today.

Make it a great day. It's always a great day to be a Husker!

She did a much better job than the reporters.  Not one question relating to basketball.  For example, it would be nice to know her offensives and defensive philosophies.  

There was another meeting with just the reporters over on the Hendricks practice court as well. Perhaps more basketball-related inquiries were asked over there.