Whatever Tim's plans are.. They need to be fast

bigFRED

Would it be nice to beat Creighton? Yes. Is it imperative we beat Creighton? NO. In late Feb, early March are we going to look back and say, "Man, wish we would have beat Creighton"? No. A loss to Creighton is a loss to Creighton. All I care about is the B1G

I look back every year in early March as say "Man, I wish we had beat Creighton".  I'm sick of losing to them and getting out-coached many times in those games.  I agree with you that the Big 10 is more important but I care about losing to CU every year also.

Would it be nice to beat Creighton? Yes. Is it imperative we beat Creighton? NO. In late Feb, early March are we going to look back and say, "Man, wish we would have beat Creighton"? No. A loss to Creighton is a loss to Creighton. All I care about is the B1G

We recruit against them almost yearly now....and compete against them in terms of fanbase.  Is it imperative we beat Creighton every year? No.  Is it imperative we don't have a coach who goes winless against them? I'd say yes.  If Miles wants to quiet some of the rumblings going on in the fanbase a win next December would be a good start.

Why does this not seem surprising that Bahe would latch onto this?

August 1 to April 7 is exactly 5 Burnos.

So, in terms of increments of time, 5 Burnos = 1 Beckner.

Or, stated differently, a Burno is 20% of a Beckner.

So... in terms of increments... How many Beckoners and Burnos would it take to get a Bill Snyder?

So... in terms of increments... How many Beckoners and Burnos would it take to get a Bill Snyder?

Depends on whether you include the intervening Prince.

I was just waiting for you to post this Norm!  :D

I'm not sure why everyone refuses to acknowledge the rivalry. Maybe not the best word choice - both sides pretend they're above it? Whatever the case, CU fans do it too and it annoys the crap outta me. Rivalry games are the best game atmospheres. You're UC to our Xavier, animosity in sports is fun as long as no one gets injured

Side note, huskerbaseball, I don't really think CU and NU compete all that much for recruits. We beat you for Ricky a couple years ago, you beat us on Glynn. Both sides could argue how much interest they had in both those guys. Other than those two, CU doesn't seem to pursue guys that Miles does, and vice versa. It certainly helps that we've really put an emphasis on the east coast the past 18 months. Maybe every once in awhile both programs offer the same guy (someone who is unlikely to play basketball in the state of Nebraska), but its not like Mac and Miles are getting into arms races over players on a regular basis

I'm not sure why everyone refuses to acknowledge the rivalry. Maybe not the best word choice - both sides pretend they're above it? Whatever the case, CU fans do it too and it annoys the crap outta me. Rivalry games are the best game atmospheres. You're UC to our Xavier, animosity in sports is fun as long as no one gets injured

Side note, huskerbaseball, I don't really think CU and NU compete all that much for recruits. We beat you for Ricky a couple years ago, you beat us on Glynn. Both sides could argue how much interest they had in both those guys. Other than those two, CU doesn't seem to pursue guys that Miles does, and vice versa. It certainly helps that we've really put an emphasis on the east coast the past 18 months. Maybe every once in awhile both programs offer the same guy (someone who is unlikely to play basketball in the state of Nebraska), but its not like Mac and Miles are getting into arms races over players on a regular basis

Creighton wanted both Roby and Morrow to visit. Morrow may have visited...I can't remember. Roby was going to visit on an unofficial but before doing so chose Nebraska. Now the two teams are after Chang.

2 people in the CU family told me they loved Glynn and wanted him bad. And we would've been happy to have Rick too. And Hansen even more coming out of HS

bleujay: Personally I am not denigrating Creighton by ignoring the "rivalry". The proximity of the programs makes both schools want to win their annual game, and both programs field competitive teams each year, and of course play to win. To me a true rivalry must involve a league title or championship game some of the time at least. That's why Indiana does not consider Butler and Kansas does not consider Wichita St. to constitute "rivalry" status.

CU may have some nice pieces coming in, but so does the rest of the Big East.  Their "post Doug" years haven't been too kind to them.  Their best year without Doug was 4 seed in the NIT. 

Its been two years...

Maybe some day we'll be able to run some smack talk after actually beating you guys.

I mean, sure, the Jays haven't been as good as they were when Doug was there, but let's not pretend they've been on a 10 year drought since he graduated.  A lot changed and you'd expect a little catch up needing to happen.  A fourth seed in the NIT is a nice step in the right direction and it would appear they are poised to continue to improve.

Note: This isn't intended for you Norm, I know you are smart enough to get it.

Somewhere between pretending Creighton doesn't exist and turning every post into a dick measuring contest with Creighton lies the probably still not happy medium of embracing the rivalry with our neighbors to the East. Thus while I do agree that we should short term get our act together and find a post player I don't understand why Creighton signing a Syracuse transfer factors into this except for BUT CREIGHTON!. How does that at all factor into whether or not we need a center? Does that make sense to anyone else?

I don't mean to sound like a crank and it's not like this thread is at all what I consider off the rails but if guys who are Jayskers in some regards participate on this board because the other boards suck maybe I'm on to something.