NAT NAT to transfer to Washington

Bugeaters1

Please feel free to correct me - but I've always had the impression that Nat is somewhat shy.  I appreciate that she has spoken up about this situation.  She is one of the current players on the team that knows how practices differed from the previous year, and has stated that they were easier this year.  In spite of that, she was a top notch player for the Huskers this season and her game improved from her freshman to her sophomore year.  We need a leader on this team going forward.  If Nat stays, and I'm really really hoping she does, could she be that leader next year?

Has there been to much damage done between teammates to get them on the same page again?

Very disappointed in Jess's interview.  Keep that cat fight in-house.  That's a huge, unnecessary shot out the door.  Have the guts to go tell Romeo to her face if you have that big a problem.  Talking to the media about it wasn't a good move.  Young and inexperienced, and hopefully a lesson to learn.  Jess might find out how fun it is to get triple teamed without the D having to guard a threat like Nat. 

Let's hope that since Coach Williams is now here, we can get back to the on court issues and start building for next year.      I really hope Nat comes back too, but I can't say I blame her if she decides to go elsewhere.   Until we hear that she is leaving, I will think good thoughts, and have visions of those three pointers she can seemingly hit from anywhere.

Has there been to much damage done between teammates to get them on the same page again?

Very disappointed in Jess's interview.  Keep that cat fight in-house.  That's a huge, unnecessary shot out the door.  Have the guts to go tell Romeo to her face if you have that big a problem.  Talking to the media about it wasn't a good move.  Young and inexperienced, and hopefully a lesson to learn.  Jess might find out how fun it is to get triple teamed without the D having to guard a threat like Nat. 

I might even call Jess's comments "immature".

Nothing immature about wanting to keep dirty laundry in the family. That seems to be 32's point.

If you're going to leave you should go quietly. Maybe say thanks UNL but my plan has changed... again, thanks.

Let the new coach figure out the problems.

Isn't that a case of the pot calling the kettle black, though? Shepard is doing exactly what she was criticizing, except worse because she directed it at a specific person.

I totally agree with Dirrk. Let the new coach figure it out.

Yes....... this isn't coach Williams first go at taking over a program. She wasn't the j-v coach before NU.  She will examine every aspect of the program.

Pretty sure she'll get acquainted ASAP with the players and lay out where she want's to go as the coach/leader of the program, and make every attempt to keep every player.  It ultimately will be any given players decision to stay or leave. (same with recruits)

Got to support and respect her work from here on out. There will probably could be some bumps in the road this summer while the reorganizing goes through it's natural steps. I have every confidence she knows what she's doing.

We could go round and round on this. The career I grew up in telling the truth is not immature.

32 said... "If you're going to transfer, maybe leave a little more quietly..."

Help me out on where she's wrong or immature.

She added more but her theme is logical.

Should she have said nothing??? One could argue both sides of that issue.

The thing I'm most excited about is the opportunity to turn around the team chemistry from the decline it was on. Every body who leads people knows how important that is. With great team chemistry teams play often times above their talent level although maybe attitude through thick and thin is the number one thing to look for in the talent equation. Coach Williams past teams have demonstrated that and I expect will continue here.

We could go round and round on this. The career I grew up in telling the truth is not immature.

So, it's fair to say you're defending Shepard for telling the truth.  Telling the truth is not immature.

But you also agree that sometimes one should keep the truth to themselves.  Or at least not share it publicly.  Like Natalie Romeo, for instance.  Her truth was that practices weren't too hard but that the players were perhaps immature.  You think she should have just kept that truth to herself.

So, this actually leads into a question I've had for you.

Based on your leadership experience, what do you think of the reports of dust-ups between Connie Yori and Julie Tuttle where it's been said that Tuttle publicly reproached Yori in front of her players?

That seems like crossing a line to me and it goes back to the question of whether there's an appropriate time and place for speaking the truth.  It may be that Tuttle's statements were correct, but would you tolerate one of your subordinates contradicting you publicly in front of other subordinates?

Just curious about your point of view on that question.

Pretty much agree....I'm a truth person too. Some of my post here aren't to make everyone happy...it's just the way I see it. I'm entitled to say what I want.....within reason of course ...so are the players. ...free speech and all that.

Could be some of the posters here take different views of what has been said by 32 and Nat...and some others. To think every thing should be peaches and cream (even if what's said is true)

But it's true as the NU player see's it whether we agree or not.

The players are in a different spot than all of us. We don't get put in the newspaper/Facebook. They have more at stake than we do. They have to very frustrated with all that's happened. This stuff is a first for them.

It's up to the players/parents to wrestle with what's proper to say. And Coach Amy to handle from now on.

I keep saying it..... It's done. Many mistakes yes. But it's done. I'm moving on.

Coach Williams will deal with/discuss with the players on their expected "etiquette" from here on out.

Pretty much agree....I'm a truth person too. Some of my post here aren't to make everyone happy...it's just the way I see it. I'm entitled to say what I want.....within reason of course ...so are the players. ...free speech and all that.

Could be some of the posters here take different views of what has been said by 32 and Nat...and some others. To think every thing should be peaches and cream (even if what's said is true)

But it's true as the NU player see's it whether we agree or not.

The players are in a different spot than all of us. We don't get put in the newspaper/Facebook. They have more at stake than we do. They have to very frustrated with all that's happened. This stuff is a first for them.

It's up to the players/parents to wrestle with what's proper to say. And Coach Amy to handle from now on.

I keep saying it..... It's done. Many mistakes yes. But it's done. I'm moving on.

Coach Williams will deal with/discuss with the players on their expected "etiquette" from here on out.

But I like beating a dead horse because I don't have to chase it, and it doesn't fight back.

Agree with redsteve... It's time to smile and look forward.

Like everyone here I hope Nat stays. She's Rachel's best friend. Her departure would leave a huge hole to fill.

However, if she goes it will create an opportunity for another player to step up and excel. Sports history is replete with good news stories like the one facing our Huskers. So whatever Ms. Romeo decides will work out fine. NOBODY is bigger than the program/team.

So if she leaves... Godspeed

If she stays... I can't wait to see her play

Regardless, Coach Williams will figure it out.

We're going to the NCAA Tournament in March.

Can I hear an...Airborne!!!

Agree with redsteve... It's time to smile and look forward..............................

This!

If we're going Dancing in March, and there is a very good chance, it's now up to Coach Williams to get us there!

(plus, I don't think I'd throw any +/- 20yo under the bus for being immature.  I still don't know what I want - I only know what I Don't want)