NAT NAT to transfer to Washington

Bugeaters1

Thanks for the incite, it makes a lot of this more clear. As I've thought before, it just didn't make sense that Coach Williams wouldn't "pursue" Nat unless Coach had a clear understanding of Nat's thinking. Nat must have made it pretty clear she was leaving.

If players know someone is unhappy, and had thoughts of leaving, (anyone, not just Nat)... it still leaves some players "uncomfortable". It's just very complicated. Nat's probably wanting to play closer to home makes sense. Many players transfer for similar reasons.

Like Coach says...we want players here that want to be here. Unfortunately for us Nat was ready to go elsewhere.

I observed what I considered to be a very strong attraction between Natalie and her dad when he was at the games.  I talked to him several times as he attended many home games last season.  Natalie usually ran across the court to greet him when she saw him enter the court during game warm ups.  It is obvious that she missed her family and wanted to be closer to them.   join everyone else in wishing her best of success in he new school.

dlrrk, I do not think your post above was fair.

You are making assertions about Natalie possibly wanting to leave last summer without any context whatsoever.  Specifically, I take issue with this statement: "During the summer of 2015 Nat was talking with her friend about leaving Nebraska.  Therefore, the idea that Yori’s departure was the catalyst for Nat’s departure is not true."  I don't think your conclusion logically follows from your premise.  It's a non-sequitur.  There is context that would place what you've described in a significantly different light than how it's been presented. 

I am privy to some of that additional context but I am not "authorized" to share what I know.  But suffice it to say that there is SUBSTANTIAL background that, when you post that information in isolation it permits and even suggests conclusions -- such as the conclusion that you, yourself have posited -- about Natalie's motivations that aren't accurate.  At all. 

Unfortunately, Natalie isn't here to defend herself.  But I can confidently say she wanted to be a Husker and wasn't asking anyone to "beg" her to stay.  The coach herself said she'd had no contact with Natalie since a brief conversation the day she was hired.

For what it's worth, I think you're right about the die being cast before Coach Yori resigned.  But I think it's a different die than you suggest.  Yori was given an ultimatum.  That ultimatum was given prior to the date of her actual resignation.  I would suggest it's that ultimatum that set the wheels in motion that lead to Natalie no longer being a Husker.  It's not what you're talking about.

What you're talking about you should not have gotten into unless you were prepared, in fairness, to tell the whole story.

How about the novel approach of "Let's all get behind those players who want to be part of our program and spend less energy worrying about those who don't want to be".  In the end Romeo wasn't forced out but decided there were more advantages to play else where.

Well, I wish that's what you people who keep throwing Natalie under the bus would do.

Why is it the strong desire of some on this board to knock her down on her way out the door?  SHE has not said boo, publicly, about the whys and wherefores of leaving.  Why is it so important for some of you to blame her and say "Obviously Romeo had issues with some of her teammates and that sort of situation can really wreck [sic] havoc with team chemistry?"

She's gone now.  I'm happy to get behind the team that remains.  But I'm not going to sit idly by and allow misinformation to be spread about what went down.

You want to drop it?  Fine, let's drop it.  But I'm not going to let the last word be an inaccurate word.

NORM:

"You are making assertions about Natalie possibly wanting to leave last summer without any context whatsoever.  Specifically, I take issue with this statement: "During the summer of 2015 Nat was talking with her friend about leaving Nebraska.  Therefore, the idea that Yori’s departure was the catalyst for Nat’s departure is not true."  I don't think your conclusion logically follows from your premise.  It's a non-sequitur.  There is context that would place what you've described in a significantly different light than how it's been presented."

Not to interfere, but I didn't read dlrrk's post like Yori's departure was the "catalyst" to make Nat leave. To me dlrrk just meant Yori's leaving just provided the impetus (a means) for Nat's departure.  Splitting hairs maybe, but they aren't the same thing.

In any event Nat is gone. So, frankly...now...unless there's some continued interference to the team by all that happened....can we say it's maybe a good thing to take all that has happened for what it's worth, and get over it, at least enough to move on?

Yori's gone ...Nat's gone....nobody here is thrilled that's for sure. And none of it can be changed now.

My focus from here on is Coach Williams and the UNL women's BBall team. GBR

I apologize if I ruffled any feathers but I'm in the same boat Norm is in as we've both and maybe some others here at HHC have been privy to some inside information but we don't have any authority to state on here what we've been made aware of in an effort to protect Natalie.  

But what I do know is when accusations and assumptions are made about her that I know are false I'll stand up for her whether she's a Husker or not.

redsteve, I can live with that conclusion.  Yori's gone, Nat's gone, time to move on.  Best of luck to everybody and sorry things didn't work out better.  I'm fine with that.

Therefore, having said that, I'm really hesitant to get back into what dlrrk said or how I understood it or why I disagree with it.  I'm willing to leave it at what I said above, which just echoed what you said above.

Happy to support the program and the new coaching staff moving forward.  Leave it at that.

(Just, please, don't anyone qualify it by saying "we'll support those girls who want to wear the 'N'" because that's where I'll start picking nits.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...