NAT NAT to transfer to Washington

Bugeaters1

Looks like Oregon St or Washington for Romeo...according to a Seattle paper.

Wouldn't be surprised if she chooses Washington if Kelly Sopak (her aau coach) accepts the Washington assistant position.
What happens if the Washington coach takes another coaching job

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks like Oregon St or Washington for Romeo...according to a Seattle paper.

Wouldn't be surprised if she chooses Washington if Kelly Sopak (her aau coach) accepts the Washington assistant position.
What happens if the Washington coach takes another coaching job

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He just agreed to an extension in the last day or so...  Although contracts are nearly meaningless anymore.

I just returned from a 3 week out of country trip and have not kept up to date on happenings with NU.  It appears that Natalie will transfer.  She has been a tremendous representative for the University of Nebraska and I want to wish her well wherever she plays and plan on following her progress.  Natalie will be a major loss to this program and though I still hold out some minor hope that she will return, I think the bridges have been burned.  

I just returned from a 3 week out of country trip and have not kept up to date on happenings with NU. It appears that Natalie will transfer. She has been a tremendous representative for the University of Nebraska and I want to wish her well wherever she plays and plan on following her progress. Natalie will be a major loss to this program and though I still hold out some minor hope that she will return, I think the bridges have been burned.

She's picking between Oregon state and Washington this weekend

I wish this classy young lady nothing  but the best at Washington and success in life.

I wonder if we tried hard enough to keep her.  I hope so.  I'd hate to think we let a player of this caliber just walk out of Lincoln.

But, again, best of luck to Natalie.  We wish her well.

i have faith in coach williams that she did what she could to try and get her to stay. yes, jmo, i think nat made it pretty clear to coach she wanted out-----and so we move on.

I agree that if there was a chance to keep Romeo the new coach would have had more follow up.  Obviously Romeo had issues with some of her teammates and that sort of situation can really wreck havoc with team chemistry.  Doyle is still the key in my estimation.  We are short on point guards.

I agree that if there was a chance to keep Romeo the new coach would have had more follow up.  Obviously Romeo had issues with some of her teammates and that sort of situation can really wreck havoc with team chemistry.  Doyle is still the key in my estimation.  We are short on point guards.

Kind of think Nat's comments about her team mates (right or wrong..not criticizing either way) was the camel that broke the back of team chemistry...and led her to move on.

Enough drama for now thank you.  Now I'm for moving on too. Coach Amy has ton's of work to do before fall practice starts. We'll see who shows up ready to get to work for the team.

Yep, Doyle and/or Cayton would be wonderful ad...but not counting on either until it happens. We were short point guards last year.

But Coach Williams uses a little different system than Connie did, and is a bit more flexible on how the guards/point guards are used.

Good point by redsteve that the new coach will operate some what differently then we are used to under Yori.  The idea of getting a fresh start for everyone usually has the effect of one or two players coming into their own that may have not previously.  I'm excited to see who it may be.

I wish this classy young lady nothing  but the best at Washington and success in life.

I wonder if we tried hard enough to keep her.  I hope so.  I'd hate to think we let a player of this caliber just walk out of Lincoln.

But, again, best of luck to Natalie.  We wish her well.

Norm, I could not agree more.  I am going to miss watching that young lady play for the Huskers!  I hope to get to watch her play as much as possible for her new team.

Anybody read the thread on the LJS that goes with the story of her leaving.  Talk about throwing someone under the bus.  I think some people don't understand that a lot went on this year in the program and if you are just reading the head lines, yeah it looks like a spoiled player leaving.  But most on here think a whole lot differently.

Anybody read the thread on the LJS that goes with the story of her leaving.  Talk about throwing someone under the bus.  I think some people don't understand that a lot went on this year in the program and if you are just reading the head lines, yeah it looks like a spoiled player leaving.  But most on here think a whole lot differently.

I think the spoiled one is still in Lincoln.

I have to say it for one final time: "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo."  :( She will certainly be missed.  Bye, Nat Nat, we enjoyed you while you were here.  As time goes by we will know who all is on the roster, any remaining disappointment will fade, and we will look forward to the prospects of another season.  GO BIG RED!!!!  :)

I'm not sure where your getting your information from especially when you say "Obviously Romeo had issues with some of her teammates"

Her teammates would have welcomed her back in a heartbeat. I'm pretty close to the situation and there was a huge chance of Natalie coming back next year if the communication between her and the new staff would have gotten together to discuss any issues between the two parties instead of communicating through the media or not at all,  I guarantee you Natalie would still be wearing Red.

It's going to take me a long, time to get over this fiasco. A fiasco that never should have come down to this.

I'm not sure where your getting your information from especially when you say "Obviously Romeo had issues with some of her teammates"

Her teammates would have welcomed her back in a heartbeat. I'm pretty close to the situation and there was a huge chance of Natalie coming back next year if the communication between her and the new staff would have gotten together to discuss any issues between the two parties instead of communicating through the media or not at all,  I guarantee you Natalie would still be wearing Red.

It's going to take me a long, time to get over this fiasco. A fiasco that never should have come down to this.

Absolutely

That's discouraging to read, Row 6, though we wondered about it.  I appreciate the info.