NAT NAT to transfer to Washington

Bugeaters1

Williams hasn't talked to Nat since April 12th out of her respect for Nat's wishes to move on.

If Nat has a change of heart at some point, the door is open but she is the one who has to walk through it.

The last they spoke was the day of her hiring press conference? That's only a few days before Natalie asked for a transfer. Wouldn't emotions still be running high that day?

What would it hurt if the coach kept in contact with her to see just where she stands periodically? Some kids are really shy the way it is especially in a situation like this and contacting the new staff may be very uncomfortable to them. I would think with someone of Natalie's stature, Coach Amy would at least show her some kind of interest in wanting her to continue playing here by keeping the communication between player and new coach open.

I'll be very disappointed if what these two discussed on April 12th is what the coach deemed was the final say!

Very troubling

i'd be a bit careful here. nat may be shy, but, it wouldn't surprise me if she was very "matter of fact" with coach williams. i would bet nat was really ticked off---more than some may realize and she may have let coach williams know that. coach williams may have left the door open, but, i would be willing to bet she knew at that point no way nat was coming back.

just my quick take.

That's a lot of maybes and might haves and willing to bets. Your suppositions might not be justified. How's that?

my opinion, so what. i still say nat made it very clear during the meeting with coach williams she wasn't going to wear 'N' again. obviously, she wants out. i believe the door was left open to everyone, but, nat chose to close it. her decision. guess we move on.

Williams hasn't talked to Nat since April 12th out of her respect for Nat's wishes to move on.

If Nat has a change of heart at some point, the door is open but she is the one who has to walk through it.

The last they spoke was the day of her hiring press conference? That's only a few days before Natalie asked for a transfer. Wouldn't emotions still be running high that day?

What would it hurt if the coach kept in contact with her to see just where she stands periodically? Some kids are really shy the way it is especially in a situation like this and contacting the new staff may be very uncomfortable to them. I would think with someone of Natalie's stature, Coach Amy would at least show her some kind of interest in wanting her to continue playing here by keeping the communication between player and new coach open.

I'll be very disappointed if what these two discussed on April 12th is what the coach deemed was the final say!

Very troubling
i'd be a bit careful here. nat may be shy, but, it wouldn't surprise me if she was very "matter of fact" with coach williams. i would bet nat was really ticked off---more than some may realize and she may have let coach williams know that. coach williams may have left the door open, but, i would be willing to bet she knew at that point no way nat was coming back.

just my quick take.

That's a lot of maybes and might haves and willing to bets. Your suppositions might not be justified. How's that?
why be so confrontational? stirring the pot? all knowing.

Why are you assuming all kinds of things that place this kid in a negative light? The implication of your post is that Natalie got all stompy feet when she met with Coach Amy and took her ball and went home. But it's all based on rank speculation. Like I said before, it's based on might haves and maybes and you'd be willing to bets. And you arrive at a conclusion from that?

I think we all need to remember it's the adults who screwed the pooch in this whole deal and not the kids.

Very troubling

just my quick take.

my opinion, so what. i still say nat made it very clear during the meeting with coach williams she wasn't going to wear 'N' again. obviously, she wants out. i believe the door was left open to everyone, but, nat chose to close it. her decision. guess we move on.

Fine, you still say it. But are you basing your conclusion on anything more than it could have been, it might have been, and its possible?

Nat is playing elsewhere next year. Per Sam McKeown

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here is the story.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/natalie-romeo-to-transfer-from-nebraska/article_68307e9c-1216-11e6-aaf0-17577a64eb0e.html

Here is the first part of the first sentence from that article, btw.

Although Nebraska women’s basketball player Natalie Romeo hasn’t announced she’s transferring from the program for her final two seasons,

Nat is universally wanted here. If she wants to stay at Nebraska she can and we all want her here.
If she chooses to transfer somewhere, she'll be missed and everyone all have to move on.

I get it's a lot more complex and nuanced than that but big picture-wise...it isn't.

OSU, ShmoSU.

THIS team is going to miss its all-time single-season 3-point shooter next year.

Norm is going to miss this team's all-time single-season 3-point shooter next year (and the year after.)

No semicolons, but you have to like the use of all the hyphens.  Atscook, can I get a harumph here?

Harumph!

According to OWH today.....Williams says there's been no definite de-committ from Cayton, Doyle, or Nat.....even though they are looking around.

So, there's still some possibility ...of some sort.  I could be wrong, but it's been a month since Yori left, and they still haven't formally de-committed....so .....

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/new-nu-women-s-basketball-coach-amy-williams-has-moved/article_5096cc82-1079-50ae-9c24-6361d2f4eb21.html

I do take that as a positive!  :)   I'm not saying anyone won't de-commit; all three are highly sought-after and could go anywhere they choose, but that is just the point.  At least so far, none have seen anyplace that completely Wow'ed 'em enough to commit on the spot.

It has been one month since Williams took the job at Nebraska in the wake of Connie Yori’s resignation. There’s still quite a bit to be done. Williams awaits final word from two recruits — Kathleen Doyle from suburban Chicago and MiCole Cayton from California — on whether they’ll keep their original commitments or sign elsewhere. She awaits final word on whether All-Big Ten guard Natalie Romeo will transfer from the program.

According to OWH today.....Williams says there's been no definite de-committ from Cayton, Doyle, or Nat.....even though they are looking around.

So, there's still some possibility ...of some sort. I could be wrong, but it's been a month since Yori left, and they still haven't formally de-committed....so .....

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/new-nu-women-s-basketball-coach-amy-williams-has-moved/article_5096cc82-1079-50ae-9c24-6361d2f4eb21.html

What's the deadline for their decision?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

So, there's still some possibility ...of some sort. I could be wrong, but it's been a month since Yori left, and they still haven't formally de-committed....so .....

What's the deadline for their decision?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

I read somewhere where they had till the 24th of May to make their decision

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

http://signing dates for ncaa women's basketball

http://signing dates for ncaa women's basketball

Couldn't get it to work, so....

If I read it right ...Final date....May 18th to sign....it's soon !   ...Next Wed.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/

The dates are for NLI only, after those dates they sign some financial assistance form so these dates really don't mean all that much. I'd rather they make a sound decision than rush into something & leave after a year.

I'm certainly not a recruiting coordinator....but I read the "Final Signing Date" to mean if they want to sign a NLI with a school...any school...May 18th is the final day to decide.

So there's no deadline with some one that's previously signed?  What are schools suppose to do with all those that are deciding to come, stay, or leave ???

The schools involved have to set some date? ...so they can move on...try to find another ...one way or another?

Might be why Coach Williams signed the Fremont girl as soon as she could.