NAT NAT to transfer to Washington

Bugeaters1

:D ...I'm definitely not a baller but I sure do love basketball and I'm also a season ticket holder for Nebraska WBB. I'm really looking forward to the new season and I think a fresh start will be good for all involved. I'm pretty excited about Coach Amy being on board. It's just a gut feeling, I think the future looks bright from here.

Time to move on Norm. We'll never know all the details which is good.

Sometimes I think "moving on" is code for "I don't want other people talking about something that makes me feel uncomfortable."

But this being a message board, I think people should be free to discuss relevant subjects they want to discuss and no one is forcing anyone else to participate.

I keep hearing details coming out.  It might make me think less of certain people and more of others.  That notion might make some feel uncomfortable.

Time to move on Norm. We'll never know all the details which is good.

Sometimes I think "moving on" is code for "I don't want other people talking about something that makes me feel uncomfortable."

But this being a message board, I think people should be free to discuss relevant subjects they want to discuss and no one is forcing anyone else to participate.

I keep hearing details coming out.  It might make me think less of certain people and more of others.  That notion might make some feel uncomfortable.

Norm, you may be right about some being uncomfortable with the discussion.

For me, I say move on not because of making me uncomfortable, I put on my big boy pants everyday. None of this that happened, is going to end the world. But has created some real heart aches for sure. There are always unfortunate disappointments in life...what's important is how we react to the disappointments.

Just don't see any value in rehashing what may be ..some truth....some rumor (I've heard even more).... some wishful thinking.....and some just plain old mistakes that may have been made.

And... what value is there in dwelling on it  Can't change any of it now, and couldn't on this board anyway. And obviously this board can only comment anyway.  .....And we did.  ...thoroughly.

I choose to move on to and with, the future of the program, and all the positive things it will do, and all the great young women (and coach Williams)....they deserve our support in positive ways. Like message boards that demonstrate optimism too.

The women's Bball future is bright, and will shine even more as Coach Amy works her magic as time goes on. I'll ride that train too.

The problem, though, is that this isn't entirely behind us.  In fact, my understanding is that one of the primary instigators of all the dissension is "safe."

We have a hell of a mess brewing and some not-so-well-meaning adults have put some quality young women at odds with each other to advance a personal agenda.

And I'm having trouble holding my tongue about it and I'm not entirely sure that "hey, let's all move on" isn't intended to serve a more personal interest.

I don't see it as an 'either' (dwell) or 'or' (move-on) problem.  (There are parallels one can draw from political life; but this is a Basketball Forum so I won't Dwell on that ;) )

I for one am glad for Norm's previous post.  Being out-of-state this forum is my only source of information; and, it's sometimes hard to read between-the-lines.  It's not that I need to know, but I want to know what is going to make the BB program better; or, worse!

As long as new, or additional information comes out, I don't think it is re-hashing.  Likewise, if no one wants to respond, or discuss, the topic dies a natural death.

So instead of an 'either' 'or', it seems like it''s a 'Both' problem.  Lets learn what we can from past mistakes and make the program better, all the while looking forward and doing what we can 'now' to realize the bright future!

A lot of you guys are missing my point. My point is that as much in the way of facts or rumors that dribble out we will never know all the facts as we are not in the position of judge or jury to do so. The reason we won't know everything is that Coach Yori and our Athletic director reached an agreement and some laundry will never be revealed. I am a person who is a realist but tries to have an optimistic outlook on life. I was never uncomfortable with Coach Yori or what happened. Learn from the past but focus on the future supporting all the athletes that decide to stay. No hard feelings for any who leave but hope they all stay.

I am a bit curious, if we restrict media access for football, why were Nat and Jess allowed to be interviewed? I do not see how either of their interests were served by allowing the interviews. I also do not see how it served the interest of the out going or incoming coaches or for that matter the WBB program. Don't get me wrong I want to know as much as everyone else does, but.....

As one who does not follow the women's game (in fact this is my initial post in this forum), from a long time perspective this seems a lot like the team uproar involved in Iba and Nee's exits. I would guess all coaches have cadres on their rosters who support or denigrate their coaching skills depending on their personal successes. At least Yori did not call a closed- to- the- public team meeting to rant against the administration.

I watched Maddie Simon graduate last year at this time so maybe I'll stop by this forum occasionally now.

Better yet, Jimmy, start going to the games!  It is an economically friendly proposition, and a little easier on the logistics.

Pretty sure I saw Ostrander (saw her from across the field) at Spring game yesterday, when the natl. champ volleyball team was introduced to fans.

If it was in fact Ostrander, she was walking around very easily, no cast, no brace that could be seen. No sign at all she had surgery.

Obviously walking is not the same as playing but it was a bit surprising. Maybe she'll attempt to play this fall ?

Really, really hate to say this, us Husker fans had two fantastic years watching the player who would have been one of the greatest players to come out of this program. Events at the end of the year and comments to the World Herald by Shepard sealed the deal. Word coming out of the Hendricks Complex is Natalie isn't coming back. 

Really, really hate to say this, us Husker fans had two fantastic years watching the player who would have been one of the greatest players to come out of this program. Events at the end of the year and comments to the World Herald by Shepard sealed the deal. Word coming out of the Hendricks Complex is Natalie isn't coming back. 

Too bad; she would have held some all time records for sure.  Loved watching her go 39-40 minutes full bore on both ends of the floor.  She will be missed.  And there are things going on in her world which I would hope our fans respect, beyond the recent events with our basketball program.  I wish her the best.

Hoping we'll balance this with some good news on the Doyle front soon; I am optimistic there.