NAT NAT to transfer to Washington

Bugeaters1

Maybe some of the truth is starting to come to light.

Practices this season, Romeo said, were “extremely, ridiculously easy” — far easier than they had been in a previous year. Frustrations over small, inconsequential things — such as being disciplined for not hustling in practice — bloomed into full-blown complaints.

Romeo said she has not firmly decided to transfer, but she's considering playing basketball back on the West Coast. She's originally from Martinez, Calif. She'll wait to see who Nebraska hires as its head coach.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/women-s-basketball-natalie-romeo-denies-yori-allegations-gets-permission/article_120e7182-fdcf-11e5-8884-bb581687a7f2.html

Now that the complainers are being sort of "called out" do you suppose any of them will publicly come forward?

So far, I've heard nothing but denunciations by players willing to speak publicly or through a parent.

The list, so far, of those who deny any abuse or mistreatment by Connie Yori includes:

Maddie Simon (through her dad)

Rachel Blackburn (through her dad)

Natalie Romeo (through her dad)

Jessica Shepard (through her dad)

The list of former players who've denied any such issues is too long to put down, but notably Zeros has come out and said that, as a practice player THIS YEAR, she didn't see anything out of line by the coaches.  And some kid named Andrew somebody, who was a practice player THIS YEAR, similarly said nothing out of line happened that he saw.  Of course, he's biased because Yori gave him an opportunity to be a practice player, which meant he got some gear and a little award at the team banquet, so his opinion should be discounted if not ignored entirely.

Of course, he's biased because Yori gave him an opportunity to be a practice player, which meant he got some gear and a little award at the team banquet, so his opinion should be discounted if not ignored entirely.

If you're going to call subtle on this dig I'm going to question you know the meaning of the word.

There better be something to this in the end or I'm going to be sick.

While I don't think you'll ever have someone come out and raise their hand about these allegations I'm also starting to think that we're eventually going to refer to them as unsubstantiated allegations going forward.

Very interesting read.

The statement that the team was not "in sync" late in the season, and a conflict (a conflict with Yori) by one player that's transferring.

This stuff does kind of make you sick......to see the program go through this crud.

Come on new coach......please step in soon !!

Very interesting read.

The statement that the team was not "in sync" late in the season, and a conflict (a conflict with Yori) by one player that's transferring.

Did watch the video?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Very interesting read.

Did watch the video?

Yes....watched the video....and you know what...it probably makes a lot of sense. And some of the video conversation may be close to the what really has taken place.

Just a guess, but.....Connie may have just burned out, and with the troubling divorce, she could have tuned out a little (maybe not the right phrase)....to some extent.

And yes, maybe it simply was time. Time to go separate ways.  And Connie could see the hand writing on the wall with the investigation...and just said.... that's enough....I'm gone. Hate to see her go, but maybe it's best for all involved now. It is done. So move on and forward.

I've seen more than once in business, where a long time employee just kind of burns out due to work and family problems.  They just need to start anew, to refresh and evaluate where their life is going, and what to do next.

Will have to watch it a second time....sure does make more sense to the whole thing anyway. Some not so much...but a good listen anyway.

I would REALLY hate to see Natalie leave. She is such a great competitor. If it was the investigation itself that tore the team apart, couldn't they have waited until the end of the season to do it? If I'm Romeo, I'm pissed at the Administration for ruining the second half of my second season.

What would have been the problem if the admin. watched all they wanted....then after the season.....do whatever they did?

On the other hand we'll get a new coach in place sooner, and help get the team organized, and new recruits involved right away, etc etc. Maybe that was the consideration.....after thinking there may need to be a change.

Who knows ???  This whole deal has been a bit strange, but we will overcome.

It's going to be an eventful summer...not the same old boring no BBall summer :P

Very interesting read.

Did watch the video?

Yes....watched the video....and you know what...it probably makes a lot of sense. And some of the video conversation may be close to the what really has taken place.

Just a guess, but.....Connie may have just burned out, and with the troubling divorce, she could have tuned out a little (maybe not the right phrase)....to some extent.

And yes, maybe it simply was time. Time to go separate ways.  And Connie could see the hand writing on the wall with the investigation...and just said.... that's enough....I'm gone. Hate to see her go, but maybe it's best for all involved now. It is done. So move on and forward.

I've seen more than once in business, where a long time employee just kind of burns out due to work and family problems.  They just need to start anew, to refresh and evaluate where their life is going, and what to do next.

Will have to watch it a second time....sure does make more sense to the whole thing anyway. Some not so much...but a good listen anyway.

I watched it.  I have a ton of respect for Sam.  I think he is a superb writer and a deep thinker.  He is the best football guy I have ever read.  But I thought that interview was his worst work ever, and I have read him since he was at the Nebraska State Paper.  Just incredibly harsh toward Yori and the accomplishments of the teams on her watch.  Very unrealistic about the sport of basketball at UNL.  Made it sound like it will be a piece of cake to just hire any 'ol coach now and have her/him be as good or better than Yori.  That's not gonna be easy.