Palmer is N

What exactly are we getting in Palmer?

The summer before he committed to Miami he was considered a mid-major guy, took off, and then was offered by the big boys before landing with Miami He was going to redshirt, but due to his play the summer prior to his freshman year an an injury he didn't.  He's a bit young for his age, being one month younger than McVeigh.  Is he a guy who got hot for a year/summer or is he a guy who got lost in the shuffle in Miami?

I don't think he's as sure of a thing as White or seemingly Gill but I the potential is there.  seems like a guy who would benefit from a year to put his game together and would use that time wisely.  Off the cuff I see a Junior year Tai Webster type impact with his shooting stroke determining how much over or under that impact he provides.

The announcements today of Jordy and James get me thinking that Miles doesn't have another rabbit in the hat and our open scholarship will remain open.  Hope I am wrong.

At this point, I'm kinda meh about using that last scholarship or leaving it open.

I think we have the pieces to compete this year.  If we added a grad transfer big man as a hedge against any uncertainty with the NCAA clearinghouse, I'd be cool with that.  But I am not going to lose any sleep at all over the 13th scholarship.

Honestly, my best hope would be to land another combo/shooting guard transfer if one of high quality happened to be available.

Otherwise, use it or don't, I'm OK.  I think history has shown us that filling the spot with a Bakari Evelyn didn't really make us a better team.

Miles seems to like having the flexibility of adding a mid-transfer option, if said player fits with the program. That could be the better option at this point in time than what may be left (particularly of the "mutual interest" variety). Guess only time will tell. Nebraska has taken players recently in the summer that were transfers (Petteway, Pitchford).

Miles seems to like having the flexibility of adding a mid-transfer option, if said player fits with the program. That could be the better option at this point in time than what may be left (particularly of the "mutual interest" variety). Guess only time will tell. Nebraska has taken players recently in the summer that were transfers (Petteway, Pitchford).

Also grabbed AW3 late in process too

Didn't Jacobsen come along later too?

Nope.  Jacobson was the first of the fab freshmen from last year to commit.  He beat Glynn and Ed by a month and slipped in ahead of Andrew White as well.

Yup. Also we were on White right away as a transfer...it just took him forever to make up his mind