New Coach Thread

huskerchode

Will this affect the four girls we have coming in?

I believe we have 5 coming in.

Incoming class

Kathleen Doyle - 5'9" Guard - Illinois

Hannah Whitish - 5'9" Guard - Wisconsin

Mi'Cole Cayton - 5'9" Guard - California

Grace Mitchell - 6'2" G/F - Kansas

Nicea Eliely - 6'1" G - Colorado

Will this affect the four girls we have coming in?

I believe we have 5 coming in.

They are bound by their letter of intent, unless we would release them.  If they don't enroll, they are not eligible at a D1 school next year, without our release.

Regardless, hopefully they have been communicated with appropriately, and will still be excited about the school they chose.  As others have said, great facilities, great fan base, good University, great people in the state.  But a tough thing to go through, no doubt.  

Okay I'll throw my name out there Tony Verde he was an assistant for Yuri and then went to Kansas I don't know where he's at now but that might be someone to look into also

It's Tory Verdi and we don't want him. He's currently at Eastern Washington.

And why don't we want him?

I'm sorry but some of you are dreaming. Jeff Walz has been to two National Championships at Louisville and has a strong class coming in. The Cardinals' 2016 class currently is sixth in the espnW HoopGurlz rankings, the sixth top-10 class under head coach Jeff Walz.

No way he would come here to clean up the mess that Eichorst just created! This is just the beginning, I can tell you that this was a huge mistake and I'm embarrassed by the firing today

I'm Nicea Eliely's dad & we've spoken to 2 of the assistants. So far we're still committed to NU bc it's such a great place/University/program. We'll see who the new head coach will be, but we're mainly hopeful that the current assistant coaching staff stays. Britney Brown was one of the main reasons we committed to NU. She began recruiting Nicea when she was at Tulsa and after she came to Nebraska she followed Nicea & had Connie come watch her play which led to them offering her a scholarship. Either way we hope the process goes quickly & smoothly. It will be challenging for everybody seeing as we're (incoming freshman) are due to report in June for summer classes & workouts. We're just as intrigued as all of you guys!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but some of you are dreaming. Jeff Walz has been to two National Championships at Louisville and has a strong class coming in. The Cardinals' 2016 class currently is sixth in the espnW HoopGurlz rankings, the sixth top-10 class under head coach Jeff Walz.

No way he would come here to clean up the mess that Eichorst just created! This is just the beginning, I can tell you that this was a huge mistake and I'm embarrassed by the firing today

I am out of the loop.  Please explain what mess Eichorst created.

Okay I'll throw my name out there Tony Verde he was an assistant for Yuri and then went to Kansas I don't know where he's at now but that might be someone to look into also

It's Tory Verdi and we don't want him. He's currently at Eastern Washington.

And why don't we want him?

I thought he was a jerk from my encounters with him.

I agree what mess did he create. More likely having to clean up some body else's mess.

Well first of all he let a handful of kids run a great coach out the door over allegations of abuse and bullying. Bullying, really?! I would love to hear from Hooper, Cady, even Griffin about how mean ol Connie "bullied" them. She is tough minded and some- not all- girls could handle it. Today's athletes feel very entitled. Well they got what they wanted, hope they're happy. We'll miss you Coach