Yori rumors.......

TourneyBound

Let me just encapsulate a set of rumors from multiple sources:

There's an Eichorst problem.  (See LJS article linked above about University examining the "leadership culture" within the athletic department.)

Roughly half the Bd of Regents don't like Shawn Eichorst for various reasons but exacerbated by his firing of Bo Pelini.

There are some issues with Connie, but if a coaching change needs to be made (this might still be up in the air) the Regents don't want a short-timer of an AD hiring the next coach.

Eichorst can't be fired until we have a new Chancellor.  And they haven't picked one of those yet.

So, any rumors of Yori's job situation at least with regard to any involuntary separation of employment are going to probably be on the back burner until a new Chancellor is hired.

In other words, as long as Shawn Eichorst is AD -- and he will be at least until we have a new Chancellor -- Connie's job is probably secure-ish.

Hey, buddy, great timing huh?

And I got that all off my Magic 8 Ball that I picked up at Good Will the other day.

well, technically, she resigned.

Well, techinically, I didn't say I was right. 

My wrongness was just impeccably well timed.

Let me just encapsulate a set of rumors from multiple sources:

There's an Eichorst problem.  (See LJS article linked above about University examining the "leadership culture" within the athletic department.)

Roughly half the Bd of Regents don't like Shawn Eichorst for various reasons but exacerbated by his firing of Bo Pelini.

There are some issues with Connie, but if a coaching change needs to be made (this might still be up in the air) the Regents don't want a short-timer of an AD hiring the next coach.

Eichorst can't be fired until we have a new Chancellor.  And they haven't picked one of those yet.

So, any rumors of Yori's job situation at least with regard to any involuntary separation of employment are going to probably be on the back burner until a new Chancellor is hired.

In other words, as long as Shawn Eichorst is AD -- and he will be at least until we have a new Chancellor -- Connie's job is probably secure-ish.

Hey, buddy, great timing huh?

And I got that all off my Magic 8 Ball that I picked up at Good Will the other day.

A Norm at bat:   A swing and a miss!   ;)

But it was a BIIIIIIG swing.  Home run if I'd connected on it.

It would seem a "tough" year has the rumor mill going. If "tough" years were to continue then anything is possible. Her track record is very good, so it would take a team walk out, or some sort of catastrophe to happen. But next year will the program probably right itself ?

Lots of times rumors start with some other schools recruiting tactics. On the other hand coaches do burn themselves out. It's a very demanding position.

As stated.... sometimes Yori does some head scratcher stuff, but most coaches do...the human factor. Don't believe that's much of a factor.

There's always the AD factor. He's kind of unpredictable.

Recruiting is an issue ? Not that we don't get good players, rather Yori's role. Is it an issue? We do seem to rely on assistants to be the primary recruiters. Shimmy was about as good as it gets.

The rumors aren't directly basketball related.  They have nothing to do with this year's record;  Any discussion of a coaching change based on on the court performance would be absurd.  Basketball-wise there is a long history of extraordinary success for this program.  We have the freshman player of the year in the league and a highly ranked incoming class.  There is nothing there basketball wise to discuss.  If the record we had this year (nearly 20 wins and a .500 record in the league; not exactly a disaster) after losing 4 senior starters and then half the team to injury has people calling it a tough year creating a rumor mill, our fan base has become spoiled beyond belief.  I don't whether any rumors flying around are true, but I assure you if something happens it will have nothing to do with the past season, on the court performance in games, or recruiting.  

B.I.N.G.O.

I have heard, again rumors only like all of them, that it has to do, to some extent anyway, with the way Yori treated her players, especially during practice.  It is my understanding that at least someone in administration was at many practices this year to observe.  Why?  who really knows but, if true, adds intrigue to all of this.  May have to do with Yori's divorce of her husband, and/or other personal things, but that in and of itself would not/should not have been a major factor.  IF these rumors have legs, I would say it must have something to do more with treatment of players and staff than anything outside (unless something outside was of the illegal nature which I truly doubt).  Dirk may be able, but probably shouldn't, shed some light of this rumor.

Let's give credit where credit may be due.  I DID bring this to everyone's attention on April 2 and I brought this to Dimes attention, via private email, the day before so................  right place, right time