NCAA Tournament Thread

'Cuse just abused UVa in the final 10 minutes. Wow. What a crazy year for the Orange. They were terrible early on, then Boeheim sat out a 9-game suspension. Somehow caught lightning in a bottle very late. Final Four bound as the 1st #10 seed ever to make it (the three prior double-digit seeds were all #11 seeds).

'Heels abused the Irish in the final 12 minutes. Only #1 seed in Houston. Prohibitive favorite to cut down the nets.

Probably, but I would say Nova isn't far behind. Could have easily been a #1 seed until their loss vs. The Hall in the Big East Tourney

'Cuse just abused UVa in the final 10 minutes. Wow. What a crazy year for the Orange. They were terrible early on, then Boeheim sat out a 9-game suspension. Somehow caught lightning in a bottle very late. Final Four bound as the 1st #10 seed ever to make it (the three prior double-digit seeds were all #11 seeds).

'Heels abused the Irish in the final 12 minutes. Only #1 seed in Houston. Prohibitive favorite to cut down the nets.

Probably, but I would say Nova isn't far behind. Could have easily been a #1 seed until their loss vs. The Hall in the Big East Tourney

KU once again tightened up, but 'Nova had something to do with it too.

I would agree with favorite but not "prohibitive." I suspect UNC will dispatch 'Cuse (but then hasn't just about EVERYONE expected 'Cuse to go down each time?) to reach the final but neither Nova nor OU will go quietly into the night. Nova's zone won't bother OU like it did VA. They way they throttled the Ducks, I think it will be a UNC - OU matchup where each team scores 90+ and the last team with the ball wins. I'm hoping it is OU.

UNC is the prohibitive favorite, IMHO. They've beaten everyone by double figures. And they have done it with a large cast of great players playing great ball. Especially considering a 13-loss team awaits them in the Final Four. OU is also playing well, same for Nova. Those two will wear each other out in the semi's. UNC will be ready for either of 'em.

I would agree with favorite but not "prohibitive." I suspect UNC will dispatch 'Cuse (but then hasn't just about EVERYONE expected 'Cuse to go down each time?) to reach the final but neither Nova nor OU will go quietly into the night. Nova's zone won't bother OU like it did VA. They way they throttled the Ducks, I think it will be a UNC - OU matchup where each team scores 90+ and the last team with the ball wins. I'm hoping it is OU.

One correction - Nova beat KU, not VA.

One correction - Nova beat KU, not VA.

I stand corrected. At least I only had to be corrected one time, though. That's an improvement for me! :)

Actually it is Burt Lancaster playing the role of Moonlight Graham. he is my favorite character in "Field of Dreams" and, at least for me, has some of the more meaningful lines in the flick. I didn't think anyone would recognize the real Moonlight, who was an actual historic person who ended up practicing medicine in Minnesota for 50 years. Burt will probably be with us until I decide to give up on the Red Sox this year. Ah, baseball the one constant through all the years...

Actually it is Burt Lancaster playing the role of Moonlight Graham. he is my favorite character in "Field of Dreams" and, at least for me, has some of the more meaningful lines in the flick. I didn't think anyone would recognize the real Moonlight, who was an actual historic person who ended up practicing medicine in Minnesota for 50 years. Burt will probably be with us until I decide to give up on the Red Sox this year. Ah, baseball the one constant through all the years...

As long as Moonlight wasn't played by an actor named Walter, we're fine.  

I got tired of losing the bracket challenge to someone's kid or the secretary so I quit filling them out too. I'd always get the argument that if I filled one out then I would have someone to rout for in every game. I told them it's not hard for me to find someone to rout against in every game. same thing.

If the NCAA is concerned about attendance, maybe they shouldn't be charging an arm and a leg to sit in a football stadium and watch basketball.

I haven't filled out a bracket in a couple years (and haven't been in a pool in at least seven).  Honestly, the tournament loses my interest after the first four days.  Upsets in the first round quickly turn in to major conference teams dominating the Sweet Sixteen numbers (regardless of seed...a power conference team is still a power conference team).  They say everybody has a shot...but that's not really the way it ever works out.

There was, what, one non-power conference (basketball-wise) school in the Sweet Sixteen this year?  Yawn.

The sheer mass of games the first four days is fun to have on.  Then the fun runs out.