UNO: 2 Numbers

HB

120.  609.

For some reason, UNO was the darling of many on the main board this year.  Some even contended UNO would beat the Huskers.  I noted a couple of months ago that it doesn't play defense.  Several posters objected to that thought.   One true believer even suggested that giving up a lot of points isn't indicative of poor defense.  Well, I could still be the one who is wrong, but UNO gave up 120 last night to end its season.  It was flashy, scoring 80 points in the second half.  But it's still a loss. 

One other highlight of the UNO-Duquesne game:  Attendance(game was in Pittsburgh) was 609.  Somebody lost some money on that one.   

For some reason, UNO was the darling of many on the main board this year. 

I suppose it depends on how much 1620 in the morning one listens to or Omaha World Herald one reads. If it wasn't for this board I'd barely know they had a team nor that Div 1 steal leader Tra-Deon Hollins' had spearheaded the 251st most efficient defense.

Yeah, UNO doesn't play good D; I'd contend that the Mavs do have a good O, tho.

But, really, why would there be angst on here over UNO?!?

Because someone from the OWH wrote a column several weeks ago suggesting that there weren't a lot of guys on our roster who would start for UNO.

Huh, I don't recall seeing that article, guess that might be a tad bit of hyperbole.

I tend to root for both teams since I went to both schools.