Explanation of what happened...

Huskerpapa

I can't believe they called a foul on that.  Ref's need to quite calling fouls when they anticipate contact vs. what they actually see.  The ref that called it was running behind the play vs. the ref that was already in position and had a better angle.  Just because the guy went down, the ref automatically blows the whistle. 

If you're trying to steal the ball at the end of a game like that you're open for basket

Yup.  I started to say to my wife just seconds before the lob went up, "If you're playing that kind of pressure you're opening yourself....(lob...dunk)...to plays just like that."

Well, whatever it was, Miles was doing the talking and he wasn't letting it go when Izzo was appearing to try to break contact and move onto shaking the next guy's hand.  Was clear that Miles wasn't done talking and wasn't going to let Izzo go until he was.  And with Miles pointing to the court, he was talking about something particular and wanted Izzo to hear it.  That's my perception.

We'll never know what was said and I doubt Miles will publicly contradict how Izzo characterized the exchange, but the way Izzo characterized it does not seem to be consistent with the video of the exchange.  (So, who am I to believe?  Izzo or my lying eyes?)

Well, whatever it was, Miles was doing the talking and he wasn't letting it go when Izzo was appearing to try to break contact and move onto shaking the next guy's hand.  Was clear that Miles wasn't done talking and wasn't going to let Izzo go until he was.  And with Miles pointing to the court, he was talking about something particular and wanted Izzo to hear it.  That's my perception.

We'll never know what was said and I doubt Miles will publicly contradict how Izzo characterized the exchange, but the way Izzo characterized it does not seem to be consistent with the video of the exchange.  (So, who am I to believe?  Izzo or my lying eyes?)

there were multiple media outlets/twitter guys that said that the exchange was completely professional and friendly well before Izzo did

there were multiple media outlets/twitter guys that said that the exchange was completely professional and friendly well before Izzo did

I'm pretty sure Pavelka mentioned it on air as he gave someone crap because they didn't mention on the Big 10 network.  

I don't think either coach had seen the video that proved Gallegos hadn't undercut Dawson so the explanation given and the amount of time the coaches spent talking seemed appropriate.

As far as Izzo goes he just saw one of his players dunk with one second left in a decided game and chewed someone out for doing so against him in the past...if you thought he looked fired up it would have been against his own players.

No, I didn't think Izzo looked fired up.  Quite the opposite.  It was Miles who was gesturing and wouldn't let Izzo walk on when it appeared that's what Izzo was trying to do.  Izzo kind of just stood there, not exactly making eye contact, and just nodding.  I don't pretend to know what was being discussed but Izzo was not looking fired up.

I re-watched the end of the game last night, and paid particular attention to the conversation Izzo and Miles had and it didn't look adversarial at all upon further review.  I think the description in the article linked by the OP is very much accurate based on their body language.