When are transfers typically announced?

khoock

Considering the fact that Shavon and Benny will be leaving the program, and Roby and Horne will be replacing them...couldn't it technically be said that roster turnover is already a guarantee?

Pedantic, I know, and I realize that's not what Rosenthal meant, nor do I think that's what Miles meant in his response, but still.

"Roster turnover" happens every year.

This article:          http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/transfer-s-key-to-offseason-work-for-miles-huskers/article_4ee9284e-0f4a-5085-9f7a-6772bf1bf952.html

has a retrospective of last year's pursuit of several big men in an interview with Miles and more importantly an advertisement for tons of big man playing time when Miles said:

"We need a center, and we need to get one signed here late that can be the center point for our offense, our defense and be one of those guys that anchors what we do.”

Hopefully, Jordy and Mr. Unknown Transfer (to me) are listening.

Come be THE MAN!

Ed Morrow is a common name I keep hearing. These are just ppls opinions and they don't have any inside knowledge or anything. Just thought that he is an interesting name. Especially considering that on another topic I posted, who was set to make the biggest Jump next year, a lot of ppl selected Morrow.

I don't want to speculate on who might leave or place percentages on guys leaving. Played that game before and I realized -- thanks to some community reinforcement from other posters on this board -- that it wasn't fair for me to put that on a college kid (i.e., this guy sucks so he's out of here.)

What I will say is that there is a list of players who, for me, are essential to our future success and their failure to return (a/k/a transferring) would deal a big blow. I will say that Ed is not on that list for me. And that's no knock on Ed. Rather, it's a function of another issue I've been pointing out for a while now, which is the position distribution of scholarships on our team.

With the 2016 class coming in, we have an abundance of guys who can play the 4.

We have a dearth of top-notch guards.

Neither Andrew nor Tai are going anywhere. Anton Gill didn't just sit a year here to go sit another year somewhere else. I'm confident they'll be back. Not sure of Bakari's plans but I'm not sold on him as a talent anyway. If he stays, I hope he develops to the point that he's a productive player for us.

We need Glynn Watson, though. Of all the guys on the roster who aren't headed into their senior years or coming off a transfer season, he's the one guy we most need to NOT transfer.

If one of the three 4s decides to seek greener pastures, I'll confess I'll be disappointed, but we've got Jeriah Horne coming in and enough coming back that we'll be OK there.

But we cannot lose Glynn Watson. That's all.

Sorry Norm, but I have to politely disagree that Ed isn't on this list. To me, Watson and he are crucial in our long-term success. I realize we have less depth at point, but Ed has the family ties to Nebraska, is our highest rated kid out of high school since Rivals started rating players, and should be able to become our best post player in the years to come. So I believe he belongs right up by Watson as a guy we can't afford to lose!

Just a quick question.  Are people really worried about Ed leaving?

Among the guys with transfer eligibility remaining, I was talking about who we can't do without, and Glynn was singularly on my list.  But that doesn't mean I think Ed isn't a valuable asset or that I think he's leaving.

Why are people kvetching about the possibility of something that, for all I know, hasn't even been hinted at?

Miles himself has said that the core group of returning guys are all good.  Why this worry over one guy who, so far as I know, isn't even rumored to be thinking about leaving?

If Morrow goes I might just be physically ill for several days.

Morrow is in line for a lot more minutes next year. shields is gone and morrow will hopefully be 100% healthy.

I don't see why he'd leave. I think he has a legit chance to start at the 4.

I understand that, just making the comment given the OP said that is the name he keeps hearing.

Morrow is in line for a lot more minutes next year. shields is gone and morrow will hopefully be 100% healthy.

I understand that, just making the comment given the OP said that is the name he keeps hearing.

Ed is not leaving, one of our current bigs might (Hammond), but Ed isn't going anywhere.

Ed is not leaving, one of our current bigs might (Hammond), but Ed isn't going anywhere.

Well that's the kiss of death!   :P

None of the post players should leave. Even with a center recruit, playing time is still up for grabs at the 4 and 5. Unless that recruit is a grad transfer that is a proven commidity.

Hammond is considering it.

To be honest, he should.

He could play at a lower level.  He's not bad.  But he's not and probably never will be B1G material.  He's still a little clumsy and uncoordinated at 6'10" and that's gonna matter.  And it shows when you get beat out for a starting job by a shorter true freshman.

Good luck to Jake, whichever path he chooses, including if he chooses to stay here (assuming it's his choice.)

None of the post players should leave. Even with a center recruit, playing time is still up for grabs at the 4 and 5. Unless that recruit is a grad transfer that is a proven commidity.

Hammond is considering it.

To be honest, he should.

He could play at a lower level.  He's not bad.  But he's not and probably never will be B1G material.  He's still a little clumsy and uncoordinated at 6'10" and that's gonna matter.  And it shows when you get beat out for a starting job by a shorter true freshman.

Good luck to Jake, whichever path he chooses, including if he chooses to stay here (assuming it's his choice.)

He really needed to redshirt him during his freshmen year.  I think he can still improve and give us a solid 15-20 minutes a game.  Miles said that him losing his starting job had more to do with off the court stuff than his play.  He actually had some decent games before he got benched.

He does look somewhat clumsy, but gaining strength would help him.  He was very weak with the ball on rebounds and when he got the ball down low.  He had trouble finishing at the rim, again building strength would go a long way with helping him get better.

He does play decent defense down low, and in a couple games, he had an impact when the guards would get near the rim, changing shots.  He also needs the confidence to know he can play in the Big 10.

To finish out, he has some attributes we could really use, especially if we can't find a big man for this class.  He has areas of improvement to work on for sure.